Thailand could allow alcohol sales for two days before new ban is enforced

webfact

20 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think you could be correct, but I did ask myself do I really want to demean myself doing a rugby scrum for the last crate of Leo, or any other Thai beer for that matter in Makro, the answer came back 'no'. What goes around comes around, and there will be a big price to pay for this unwarranted nonsense.

I was thinking the same about what it would be like in Makro sack that if available I'll go down the road I think on a case of tiger it was 30 baht more

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not to mention, he could have used the tax revenue to help fund the 5000 Baht for people who really need it. 

He could have avoided more stories like this. But no, a pointless show of power is much more important.

image.png.d7387c9902cf7346c2b758120aa5eb5e.png

These people match all the characteristics of pyschos and sociopaths.

They don't have the human capacity for empathy or sympathy

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 8:09 AM, Crossy said:

Words fail me!

In the end we may be better off in Saudi. Never heard of such a , to say it softly, strange idea... What a bunch of B.........T.

I had trouble understanding why as a farang we are also not to drink Alcohol on election day and prior to this... Assuming you respect all this to start with. Given it some reflection I realized that allowing this would probably be a cause for major riots among the local, somehow understandable.... But what is the point after 1 month ban to allow it for 2 days?????

2 hours ago, LennyW said:

Image may contain: text

Rayong province already extended the ban until 15th May,

And no insanity with a few slots to cram in to get the latest and greatest covid either, just a straight extension. At least they had some sense, although the ban itself is just a power trip.

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Not to mention, he could have used the tax revenue to help fund the 5000 Baht for people who really need it. 

He could have avoided more stories like this. But no, a pointless show of power is much more important.

image.png.d7387c9902cf7346c2b758120aa5eb5e.png

Thats her off to the attitude adjustment center soon

• Sad 2

Another unfortunate example of the intentional cruelty that the Thai government displays towards its own citizens.  The patronizing mass punishment strategy in order to eradicate a virus is both petty and stupid.  Just a different version of the bus terminals to be played out again.  If they try hard maybe they can duplicate Singapore's success.

Just now, jomtienisgood said:

In the end we may be better off in Saudi. Never heard of such a , to say it softly, strange idea... What a bunch of B.........T.

I had trouble understanding why as a farang we are also not to drink Alcohol on election day and prior to this... Assuming you respect all this to start with. Given it some reflection I realized that allowing this would probably be a cause for major riots among the local, somehow understandable.... But what is the point after 1 month ban to allow it for 2 days?????

At least in saudi I knew there was a alcohol ban, and i could prepare.

I came to Thailand to get rid of these rules, seems i made a big mistake and have to look for another country to spend my old days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thailand’s government passed an executive order late Wednesday mandating that “all orders whether prohibitive measures, relief measures, or actions” will be continued until amended by the government.

Basically, this means that any lifting of restrictions that you may have read about are now on the back burner until further notice. No lifting on the alcohol ban. No opening of parks and restaurants.????

6 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

When you see it in one place, you know the rest will follow

EW0I1N1UMAAZ3nK.jpg

There is NO NEED TO prolong a sale of alcohol ban.....there are very few cases of virus in Thailand, if fact Thailand HAS one of the fewest cases of deaths and new cases in THE WORLD.....!!!

• Like 1

I'm not suggesting my old joint AU,  does all things correctly. Very strict rules in place. More so than Thailand.

However I had to giggle just now receiving email from Dan Murphy (big alcohol retailer). "FREE delivery on any orders over $100".

Occasional I miss the world with democratic government. 

1) this is not Florida.

2) Do you think the government is giving you the true statistics.

3) The government has not done comprehensive testing to determine the actual number of infections.

4) How many covid-19 deaths get unreported.

Edited by marvin1950
additional
  • Like 1