Covid-19: Thailand's outbreak will be all over by June - world must wait till November

webfact

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It's also supposed to be 100% over in South Korea, too, yet they've already reported 9 new cases and 2 deaths today.

If they can't even be bothered to check their predictions against reality and adjust their model accordingly then it's worthless.

9 cases?

Thats nothing

1m die every week

Obviously this study is educational for basic classes of mathematical statistics:
They use only the 1st (arithmetic mean) and 2nd (standard deviation) moment to fit a Gauß-distribution to empirical data.
(blue line)
Maybe in the second course there will be an introduction of fitting curves even using the 3rd (skewness) moment? (red line)
Rechtsschief.svg                       IMHO would provide a better fit and a better prognosis!

2 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Speculation, nonsense, insert whatever word to describe this article.

Did TAT order this?

No consideration for a possibly / likely second wave.

This 'suggestion' is worthless.

And disbelief, negativity, cynicism, distrust and (again) Thai (TAT) bashing again on TV..   as expected. 

Even the slightest positivity, this time from Singapore, must be drilled into the ground. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

I have just downloaded the PDF file for this and Thailand isn't even mentioned on it! (Taiwan is)

Its on the pdf file that I downloaded.

Mind you, I'm using a VPN.

Perhaps some countries are only allowed censored versions depending on your ISP location.

Its gonna be a problem if the people get optimistic that the emergency will be over. ????

• Like 1

Here in Perth we have had 1 new case in 4 days and that was the wife of someone who had it.  We are very safe but we still have strict social distancing rules and maximum groups of 10 people.  Limited travel within WA and nobody is allowed into the state except trucks.  Kids went back to school today. so I think we are one of the best places to be right now, but nobody wants to rush and open everything up too soon, like in Thailand and especially USA.  It will come back and bite again

Every major pandemic comes in multiple waves. The second wave typically being more deadly as the first. Why would this pandemic be different? There is no reason to believe this pandemic will behave very different. Second, there is a clear seasonal aspect. Just like the flu and other corona virusses, they thrive in the winter. And so did Covid. And next winter it will thrive again, it is only logic.

My 5 cent: expect a second wave from around December. And expect it to be much worse as this one, as meanwhile the virus is widespread, latently present and ready to explode once winter conditions set in.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1