CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

18 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

So golf courses can re-open ??

As per the OP:

• Recreation areas - public parks can open but no team sports can be played and large gatherings are not allowed. Golf and tennis is allowed.

Just now, eeworldwide said:

Well - I have over 150K followers on FB alone, so maybe they will. Why are you being so touchy? Need a beer?

wow. facebook alone.

actually i dont need a beer, would love to go for a swim, play some tennis  or hit the wakepark though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, metisdead said:

As per the OP:

• Recreation areas - public parks can open but no team sports can be played and large gatherings are not allowed. Golf and tennis is allowed.

I'm hoping that includes beaches. What I'm missing most is my afternoon walk on the beach. 

Edited by ftpjtm

Another Thailand media website beginning with the letter 'T' states that the PM has ordered the same restrictions to be in place until May 31st meaning all these businesses must remain closed. So which is true??

5 minutes ago, n00dle said:

wow. facebook alone.

actually i dont need a beer, would love to go for a swim, play some tennis  or hit the wakepark though.

Oh I see - that's why you're grumpy. Ah well. The entire world is in the same boat mate. Grin and bear it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mrwinner said:

Another Thailand media website beginning with the letter 'T' states that the PM has ordered the same restrictions to be in place until May 31st meaning all these businesses must remain closed. So which is true??

Yes I noticed that too

2 minutes ago, mrwinner said:

This is FAKE NEWS. The Prime Minister issued an order, published in the Royal Gazette late Wednesday night, mandating all provincial governors, including Bangkok’s governor, to delay their plans to ease the measures until further notice.

key words here are further notice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n00dle said:

but doesn't this run contrary to the claims that the government is all about money? 

the lost tax revenue alone must be a very significant hit for them.

the only truly regrettable thing is that the reopening of restraunts will be a mixed blessing for many businesses, simply because alchol is such a big mark up item, and few restaurants beyond the mom and pop business truly make their money on food sales.

They'll be the ones selling it an an inflated price on the black market!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1