CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

Clucking bells  what a day

Never mind this virus, things are getting serous now dry to end of May

BUT

Possibly not a good time to repeat a message that was passed on from a guy who works for a beer distribution company in BKK and to which i laughed out loud at yesterday

A ban to continue for a further 4 months

Edited by poohy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

I think golf courses should remain closed. I don't play golf nor do I even care. I just feel they should be closed based on the fact it doesn't affect me at all. 

Guess who does. The thousands of generals. So they'll be the first to open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

And if anyone playing alongside you pulls a cold can from their bag at the ninth you will of course leave or just let them play on with their own company. It's only right after all.

Boy, you are others are sure seem to like to make up assumptions.

I drink, but don't really care about it.  I am not addicted to the drug it is not a huge important part of my life as it is in others. So, like I said could careless about the ban but am happy about golf.  Sorry if you and others don't get it hope the booze ban is lifted asap for you so all can get to feeling normal again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, TheDark said:

Learn new skills, learn to cook better, read books, play chess or cards (online if no other people around), learn to improve your Thai both talk and read.. pretty much anything which keeps the brain fed. 

Spot on buddy. Good positive message. Try turning something to be perceived as negative into something positive. ????  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking on the bright side of this - with all the baht I'm saving in not buying 100 Pipers I'll be able to afford Black Label for a while and maybe I'll even drop a little over a 1000 baht for that lone bottle of Wild Turkey 101 sitting on the self at my local Big C.

• Haha 1

I’m equally annoyed with myself for not seeing the writing on the wall when the first Bangkok announcement was made, I had several days and did nothing. Now just more bored, even though the local shopkeeper said he got a resupply in and would sell me some tomorrow so I’ll see. 

Just now, Bluetongue said:

I’m equally annoyed with myself for not seeing the writing on the wall when the first Bangkok announcement was made, I had several days and did nothing. Now just more bored, even though the local shopkeeper said he got a resupply in and would sell me some tomorrow so I’ll see. 

I missed buying into the stock market a month ago when it crashed.   But i did run out and buy

some bottles of good whiskey .     hmmmmm     coulda been a rich man.   now i can get drunk

and moan about it .

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just did a stock count, wine refrigerator with 24 bottles of wine left, 18 cans of Heineken in the pantry, 4 bottles of Corona (Just drank 2), and 2 Spy wine coolers for the GF in the refrigerator, but alas I only have one bottle of Beer Lao Dark.  Guess I better save that for the last day of well, looks like hell is freezing over already.....Image result for flying people from buildings

Your sitting on gold mate

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Does giving pep talk to adults on how to run their lives give a bit of a feel good.

Some say live your own life. 

These people who like to pad themselves on the shoulder suddenly appears like mushrooms after rain

• Like 2

Right on the very day it was decided that the population here of 69 million with no death's from covid, as of yesterday , can't buy alcohol until further notice!

Whats goin on!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The post you replied to re using time in semi lockdown is very sensible. Each restriction such as curfew needs to have good sensible reason. Most of the current restrictions do. Alcohol ban does not.

That's why countries such as Australia (with much stricter restrictions than Thailand) do not have ban on alcohol.

It's being suppressive just for the sake of it.

In your opinion it is bad. I am not one to judge until i see the long term effects. But my message is from a positive stand point to not get to bogged down with all of this, but to rather just focus on things that can have a positive impact on our lives. 

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1