CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

5 minutes ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Can't even have a cold one at the end of the day ? I'm done here.

I hope future potential tourists and expats remember this and go elsewhere.

Did you not stock up with your pantry being full.  Only food needed is hot dogs and Mac N Cheese, just like in the college days.....Carling Black Label beer

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snig27 said:

The Indonesians have a word: korupsi. It's a broken government basically using their ill-gotten power to punish the big big booze companies because they've refused to roll over in the past and do as they are told. Zero to do with COVID-19. 

Are you trying to insinuate it is because of the top 20 richies did not give the military government a handout to run the government more into he ground and line their pockets? My ears hurt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

another farang in the house who thinks he is special and Thailands should make laws that especially suits his needs...

Me too thanks.  I am well prepared love playing in the rain do it all the time here.

Cheers!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, xtof2 said:

Amazing how many enjoy alcohol here (including me and not saying being alcoholics) : 115 posts in less than 1 hour ????

They have been waiting to be able to buy alcohol and now they can't. What else should they do now? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These can open on May 3.

Markets, including fresh markets, flea markets and walking streets, can

Restaurants,  mom and pop shops, 

Retails shops, IT shops, convenience stores and small local stores outside of malls

Most of the above never closed in Ubon Ratchathani. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Spend time doing what? We are pretty limited in what we can do right now. Staying at home and being a good member of society is much easier to do when you can enjoy a drink at the end of the day or week.

Ever heard of home exercise, online courses, movies, going for a nice walk outdoors, music, cooking a nice meal, reading a book, learning a new skill online... 

Alcohol is just a small part of life, and as the poster stated, it will be good for you health. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 6

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Me too!

I've still got two bottles of rum left .... now the mom and pop stores have all run out it's easier to buy drugs than alcohol.

Just ordered my dealer to deliver in my mailbox. At least I will have some pot for another month then. Bored to death and getting in fights with wife otherwise.
Guess that is at least nice, to have a loyal and safe one for over 6 years.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1