CONFIRMED: Alcohol sales banned until further notice, some businesses allowed to reopen

webfact

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

Ok a few days ago i said i guess this would not happen. I think I have to eat my words as it did happen. 

I wonder how many foreigners are now calling their embassy to be airlifted out as they feel its a medical emergency now they can't have their beer. ????

I guess a lot of people are saving a lot of money now. For the poor this is great news no fights about how to spend the limited funds on food or on alcohol. Bad news for those who can afford it but can't buy it.

If only the people had not spoiled it by holding big parties with alcohol at homes and breaking all the rules. Too bad for the good ones that everyone is suffering now. 

Define 'a lot' of money? How can not having a few beers safe you a LOT of money?? Is a lot of money to you a couple of thousand baht or so??

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

But a drink at home alone aint allowed.

for those of us that ran out and bought when the ban was announced......  the juice is

still flowing.   I am a very light drinker,  so i can hold out for a while yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Keyser Soze666 said:

Define 'a lot' of money? How can not having a few beers safe you a LOT of money?? Is a lot of money to you a couple of thousand baht or so??

Takes me 4-5 days to down a bottle of rum worth 250bht.

That's 50bht a day ................ I'm quids in ...............

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:

I'm still working..................and exercising and having some semblance of a normal life. But at the end of a busy week, I enjoy a few glasses of red wine. Not everyone who wants to buy some beers, etc, is a raving alcoholic. 

Oh, and I'm very healthy by the way. I avoid over saturated foods and sugar. The things I see people eating every day without a care in the world while it deteriorates their health. Funny, don't see a ban on them. 

The blame it on the idiots that decide its a good idea to buy tons of alcohol and break the rule by having big parties at home.  I agree, i also like the odd glass of wine on a weekend, but i cant blame the government when these fools think its okay to pretty much open their house/  apartment as a Bar.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Canuck1966 said:

NO it doesn't.

A links golf course is the oldest style of course. The word “links” is derived from ancient Scotland and refers to an area along a coast that often includes sand dunes and few, if any, trees.

Yes / No Questions (Present) - All Things Grammar

27 minutes ago, Changoverandout said:

Time to empty the shelves of apple juice and 12 litre water bottles and make some more cider!

Must try and remember the recipe for making wine, which we did when we lived in Saudi Arabia. It was pretty strong stuff.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hare said:

These can open on May 3.

Markets, including fresh markets, flea markets and walking streets, can

Restaurants,  mom and pop shops, 

Retails shops, IT shops, convenience stores and small local stores outside of malls

Most of the above never closed in Ubon Ratchathani. 

Actually, I don't think many closed in Bangkok either. Had to go out and about in Bangkok last week, and my driver took me through back streets, which were teeming, with people going about their lives as per usual. Food vendors, small shops...really no change from before.

4 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Freaking idiots they are, that is for sure. They bankrupt even bars that did do OK before COVID-19 now.
Besides most bars were never busy during low season, we have less than 0.0025% infected and borders are still closed. WHAT RISK?!?! Or drink at home?!?!!?

Anyone trying to tell me this is about the virus, is crazy and I would be Santa. They force me to keep smoking pot.

I think it IS about the virus. In all likelihood the figures produced by the government every day are unlikely to be anywhere near reality. Otherwise, why continue to impose such harsh measures; there is no need to "flatten the curve", because it's already flat, if these figures are correct.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

The local AA meetings are going to be busy. Which is ironic because  large gatherings are what the government is trying to avoid.

Tell me about it... I've been on the blower all morning 

10 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Freaking idiots they are, that is for sure. They bankrupt even bars that did do OK before COVID-19 now.
Besides most bars were never busy during low season, we have less than 0.0025% infected and borders are still closed. WHAT RISK?!?! Or drink at home?!?!!?

Anyone trying to tell me this is about the virus, is crazy and I would be Santa. They force me to keep smoking pot.

It's not about you. Your just collateral. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Takes me 4-5 days to down a bottle of rum worth 250bht.

That's 50bht a day ................ I'm quids in ...............

Exactly. How can anyone save a 'lot' of money just by not drinking here. I suppose some have different ideas of what a lot of money is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rumak said:

for those of us that ran out and bought when the ban was announced......  the juice is

still flowing.   I am a very light drinker,  so i can hold out for a while yet.

I've got shelves full of tax free booze I've brought in in the last two years, but I rarely touch the hard stuff. Problem is beer, it'll go off if you try to stock for months. While the ban is idiotic, one half-arsed solution would be to sell only stuff under 6%. 

Just did a stock count, wine refrigerator with 24 bottles of wine left, 18 cans of Heineken in the pantry, 4 bottles of Corona (Just drank 2), and 2 Spy wine coolers for the GF in the refrigerator, but alas I only have one bottle of Beer Lao Dark.  Guess I better save that for the last day of well, looks like hell is freezing over already.....Image result for flying people from buildings

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 2