How many of us are stuck outside Thailand due to virus? ?

sirineou

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm trapped in Thailand, you're better off where you are it isn't much fun here.

No alcohol sales for the next 3 months by the looks of it.

If you weren't drunk all the time  you would have thought to stock up on a couple of cases of beer , that should have Kept you busy for a day or two LOL

26 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

I went on a skiing holiday to Sweden mid March with my daughter and got stuck, can't get back. Not a good place to be stuck in, Thailand is much safer

That must be tough, You would think the Thai authorities would have contingencies for situations such as this, I am sure you would not mind ,a few days of quarantine in Thailand.  If you do make it back please bring some beer for BritManToo , I am afraid if this goes any longer fe will start sucking on rotten apples just to get a buzz. ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Just wait until people see the new flight ticket prices, let alone the limited availability and document requirements coming down the pipeline... Friend is quite high up in BA Air Cargo, apparently whats being discussed at passenger division re new regulations in regards to social distancing and health concerns leading to costs is in his words eye watering. They are looking at a capacity passenger reduction of 30% as a minimum and possibly 50% on some models. Consequentially  prices would have to rise considerably in order to remain profitable, prices would need to double or treble for some longhaul destinations...  its looking like for the foreseeable future at least flying for the masses is going to become very limited and expensive indeed. What might ease things  is Thailand has a been a popular destination so more flights in and out could help reduce prices but red tape and an unwelcoming attitude towards tourists by the Thai gov could have a negative impact and reduce flights instead. 

People might want to take into account the likelihood of jetting about cheaply has very possibly come to an end for at least a few years. 

Thanks for the cheer up. A 50% increase is not too extreme, under the circumstances, problem most likely to complicate will be the 'business' travellers suddenly deciding economy is now ok after all!! ????

8 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

From another local news site April 30:

Thai Government spokesperson says they are aware of foreigners with valid visas trying to return to Thailand, looking at situation.

Would you mind posting a link or perhaps a hint where i can find it?

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Welcome to the Forum!!

WoW!! “So many happy and wonder-filled times ahead for you, I hope you don't miss the birth, and as a dad I understand your frustration of not being able to be there for your lady and the miracle of birth. 

Let's hope this situation resolves before then, but if not,  at least through the miracle of technology and skype you can be there as best as you can, and look forward of a lifetime of happiness with your baby and wife. 

Best wishes for you your lady and your baby.   

Thank you for your encouraging words! I think that was what I needed, feel a little bit better now ????

It's not my first child but it's good to be remembered about the good times ahead. Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berti said:

Thank you for your encouraging words! I think that was what I needed, feel a little bit better now ????

It's not my first child but it's good to be remembered about the good times ahead. Thanks!

I am glad I could help:smile:

You sound like a intelligent,  reasonable, and considerate person , as your concern for your lady and new childe indicates, I an sure you will make a great addition to this forum, I look forward to your future participation.

Regardless of different personalities, by virtue of the fact that got up, and traveled around the world to make a family and to search for something new and different we share the common trait of taking charge of our lives, and controlling as best as we can your destinies.

This virus situation , of being locked up , not being able to do the things we think are best for us and our loved ones, this helplessness, goes against the grain of our personality. I share your frustration and I am sure most of us in this forum feel the same. 

Hung in there, and try to , as you said "think of the good times ahead", a few months and you will be walking with your lady, family and new baby in the cool festive air at  night market in your Thai home town.

PS: get an avatar, us old guys have enough trouble remembering our own names, never mind others, but we can alway remember a picture. 

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Stuck in Sweden, have 2 young kids in Bangkok, we're talking hours everyday on Line. Hope they let us with non o visas enter soon, if they put me in 14d quaranten then so be it. Have to get back to my family.

surely it's not a case of being put into 14 day quarantine, in order to protect your family and loved ones you would quarantine yourself for 14 days, wouldn't you?!

Well, life might not be too much different anywhere these days... but yes, I have friends locked down in Maui who would like to be here and a freind who left here to be in Maui... [not same person] 

I have a nice country home here so it is not bad and lots of family with me, and though you can go out, there really isn't any place to go... I guess every place is North Dakota these days, other than the climate. 

21 hours ago, Berti said:

If this continues I will miss the birth of our baby. Sad and depressing.

It is not as easy just being in the safest place at the moment with plenty of booze and everybody telling you how lucky you are.. I feel for you as all I want to do is be with my loved ones also. I came back to Australia for just 4 weeks and ended up with a detached retina and could not fly for 3 weeks. They closed border 3 days before I could fly back. I would do and pay anything to get back.

• Like 2