How many of us are stuck outside Thailand due to virus? ?

sirineou

10 minutes ago, Berti said:

Indonesia makes a first step.

Foreigners are now allowed to come in with a test and 14 day (self?)-quarantine.

"Foreigners are required to enter a mandatory 14-day quarantine at their own cost. They were previously banned from visiting the country, but that rule has now been eased."

https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2020/05/indonesia-asks-for-health-certificates/

Thumbs up!

Does anyone have the private email address of the Thai PM ? We could send him the link. LOL !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kalorymetr said:

No - Australia is not most of the countries!

Most countries let people with residency/work visa/marriage visa in!

In EU you can pretty much land in any country if you transit to your own(that is part of the EU, UK or Norway/Switzerland) after that.

There you go, not reading the full comment and replying. 

I said 

Most countries who have safety for their citizens. 

Thailand is doing a great job protecting their people.

Well done Thailand. 

5 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

No - Australia is not most of the countries!

Most countries let people with residency/work visa/marriage visa in!

In EU you can pretty much land in any country if you transit to your own(that is part of the EU, UK or Norway/Switzerland) after that.

Thats not correct at the moment all Non-EU nationals are banned from entering the EU to June 15th at the moment that date may be extended or not

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathiessen/2020/05/14/summer-travel-europe-many-countries-plan-to-be-open/

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Thats not correct at the moment all Non-EU nationals are banned from entering the EU to June 15th at the moment that date may be extended or not

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tamarathiessen/2020/05/14/summer-travel-europe-many-countries-plan-to-be-open/

No. Every country has its own regulations, there is no EU-wide policy, simply because EU has no such power over member states.

My country lets people with work permits and residency in. I know other countries do that too.

2 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

No. Every country has its own regulations, there is no EU-wide policy, simply because EU has no such power over member states.

My country lets people with work permits and residency in. I know other countries do that too.

Yes every EU country has it own regulations but on 17th March the EU proposed a ban which was accepted by all of the EU member states

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-eu-european-union-coronavirus-covid19-travel-ban-explained/

If you care to list the countries where you feel this isn't the case please proceed

24 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

There you go, not reading the full comment and replying.

I said 

Most countries who have safety for their citizens. 

Thailand is doing a great job protecting their people.

Well done Thailand. 

The main message in this thread is about ways foreigners can enter Thailand without risk for the Thai people.

I think it is not well done if you just block everyone.

Entry with 14 days quarantine would not harm anyone in Thailand.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes every EU country has it own regulations but on 17th March the EU proposed a ban which was accepted by all of the EU member states

https://www.politico.eu/article/the-eu-european-union-coronavirus-covid19-travel-ban-explained/

If you care to list the countries where you feel this isn't the case please proceed

e.g. in Austria you can enter the country even if you are not a citizien if you have a residence permit or a visa D (up to 6 months stay). So no total block of foreigners outside EU.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Quote from article you linked:

Confirms what I said, I made the relevant part in bold.

They let people with visas in, as opposed to Thailand or as someone said Australia.

Non-EU+ citizens would temporarily not be allowed into the bloc, but there are exemptions. According to von der Leyen’s proposal, the restrictions would not apply to people transporting goods and other transport staff.

Long-term residents under the Long-term Residence Directive or who hold long-term visas, are family members of EU nationals, as well as people traveling for “imperative” family reasons will be allowed to enter. Health care professionals, health researchers and elderly-care professionals would also be exempt.

Edited by Kalorymetr

3 minutes ago, Berti said:

The main message in this thread is about ways foreigners can enter Thailand without risk for the Thai people.

Like it or not be it a lesser strain of the virus, the climate, or the measures have worked out well, it appears Thailand has done well in avoiding many deaths concerning the virus

Much as some would appreciate being back with their families, there is currently no sound medical reason for Thailand to expose the population to a possible influx of tourists from areas still heavily infected, possibly with a more aggressive strain.

I for one would prefer the borders to stay closed until Europe is virtually clear, to protect my family from those who would arrive and not take into consideration the welfare of the Thai people.

Happy to wait until all is safe to be together with all my family, all healthy, and able to move forward with confidence

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Berti said:

e.g. in Austria you can enter the country even if you are not a citizien if you have a residence permit or a visa D (up to 6 months stay). So no total block of foreigners outside EU.

In response to the public health threat associated with the spread of coronavirus, Austria has suspended the entry of third-country nationals (non-EU/EEA/CH citizens) entering Austria by air from outside the Schengen area.

Yes Exceptions for as well as for family members of Austrian (and EU/EEA/CH) citizens living in the same household, and holders of a D visa or residence permit issued by Austria.

https://www.austria.org/coronavirus

And restrictions are still in place for everyone else so not totally open 

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

In response to the public health threat associated with the spread of coronavirus, Austria has suspended the entry of third-country nationals (non-EU/EEA/CH citizens) entering Austria by air from outside the Schengen area.

Yes Exceptions for as well as for family members of Austrian (and EU/EEA/CH) citizens living in the same household, and holders of a D visa or residence permit issued by Austria.

https://www.austria.org/coronavirus

And restrictions are still in place for everyone else so not totally open 

Who said totally open in Austria?

Who said Thailand should totally open the borders?

I wonder why you are on this topic when you agree that Thailand should continue to block the borders for all foreigners. It seems you are not stuck outside Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Berti said:

Who said totally open in Austria?

Who said Thailand should totally open the borders?

I wonder why you are on this topic when you agree that Thailand should continue to block the borders for all foreigners. It seems you are not stuck outside Thailand.

This is a forum , it would be a very strange forum if you can only post on a subject if it directly affects you

47 minutes ago, Berti said:

Australia is blocking everyone, things are going very well, bars opening up, FREEDOM in moderation once again. 

Well done Australia, keep up the good work. 

58 minutes ago, Berti said:

Yep, Europe is pretty F***** Up. 

That's why Thailand is leading the way, they don't want Thailand to end up like Europe. 

Well done Thailand, keep up the good work. 

31 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

This is a forum , it would be a very strange forum if you can only post on a subject if it directly affects you

Sorry I became angry because some people reply without reading what they reply to.

1 minute ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

That's why Thailand is leading the way, they don't want Thailand to end up like Europe. 

You don't read what I write. I will not continue to answer you.

21 minutes ago, Berti said:

You don't read what I write. I will not continue to answer you.

Mate, my comments are replying to what you wrote. 

Read my comments slowly, 2 or 3 times if necessary. 

Thailand are shutting their borders to control the Covid19, they do not want to end up like Europe. 

Europe has failed their people. 

55 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

My friend, there are 44 countries in Europe and not all of them  are doing bad like the ones that get most of the press.

Also, there has been only 4k test per 1M population done in Thailand, compared to tens of thousands in some European countries.

Thailand is also ranked very low on freedom of speech, so I am not sure if we can believe those numbers.

Before you tell me to go home if I do not like it:

I don't care, I like it, I am just saying it is hard to compare.

Edited by Kalorymetr
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thailand is only letting Thais into the country. 

You'll find most countries with the safety for their citizens are doing the same. 

Australia is following the same principles. 

I don't think all this negative talk about Thailand is fair. 

Most of you negative talkers should be accountable, look at how you dealt with this issue in the early stages, could you have done something different?

If you were proactive and made a different decision, possibly a financial decision, was work and the dollars your reason for not returning to Thailand before it was in lockdown. We all saw it coming, sitting back watching maybe you're to blame. It's much easier to lay blame on others, could be you're to blame. 

If you had to chose again maybe you would have chosen to leave and return to Thailand earlier. 

I reckon $$$, poor decision making and procrastination had a lot to do with your troubles.... NOT Thailand. 

Fair points - $ was the primary decision making factor in me being outside of Thailand as I was outside of Thailand for Work. Within days of Arriving in Dubai in late Feb travel for all residents to Thailand (and Iran) was banned for all residents - I was informed that if I wished to travel back to Thailand at that time my UAE residency would be revoked effectively costing me my job - The decision was made to continue working, thus money was definitely the primary factor in me being away from my Wife and Family at this time.

In situations such as this it would be impossible to make the right decision which pleases everyone. In this case, its also not the governments position to please everyone, its their position to protect everyone. If that means limiting the spread of Covid-19 to Thailand so that my Wife and Son are protected, I can happily accept that.

That said, its now extremely difficult to sit back see the international lock-down continue for another 6 weeks.

But, I understand it.

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I assume that you have a facebook group where you can provide numbers of people, countries that they are located in and are all prepared to travel on a certain date and are all willing to accept 14 day quarantine at a Goverment facility which they will pay for

otherwise I think your proposal is a non starter and logistically impossible assuming that the Goverment was to offer limited access. There maybe countries where there isn't the numbers to fill a single plane or people that aren't willing to pay for 4 day quarantine at a Goverment facility.  If such access wass permitted  and depending on the numbers it's likely to be a single plane not a regular plane service where everyone can select their chosen date, time and airline

I don't expect the Thai government to provide the logistics, simply to allow me to return under under a set of specific requirements. It would be the responsibility of each individual to met said requirements and secure transportation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I don't expect the Thai government to provide the logistics, simply to allow me to return under under a set of specific requirements. It would be the responsibility of each individual to met said requirements and secure transportation. 

Good Luck but I don't think it will ever happen. When Thailand provided repatriation flights for their nationals the logistics, coordination getting names and number of people in each country was handled by the Thai embassy for each country.

I don't think the Thai embassy's would provide a similar service for non thai nationals that would need to be handled on a group basis by someone

Your asking the Thai Goverment to make a special case for numbers of people but numbers unknown. An airline isn't going to lay on a flight without knowing how many people are flying 

37 minutes ago, Kalorymetr said:

My friend, there are 44 countries in Europe and not all of them  are doing bad like the ones that get most of the press.

Mate, I'm talking about the big players, not those little ones that fudge the numbers 

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mate, my comments are replying to what you wrote. 

Read my comments slowly, 2 or 3 times if necessary. 

Thailand are shutting their borders to control the Covid19, they do not want to end up like Europe. 

Europe has failed their people. 

Always the Keyboard warrior living in the third world because they couldn't survive in the first world.

No need to get on your horse, unless you are looking for a destitute 20 year old, you wouldn't be in Thailand in the first place.

No it's not the 6 months of monsoon rains, the horrific traffic, the stagnant air pollution, the rising costs that led you to the third world.

And yet you have the audacity to claim Europe has failed it's people?

Are you an expert in Pandemics?

Is there one solution that will solve this crisis in any country?

No there isn't.

675,000 people died from Cancer.

Where were you then with all your advice?

125,000 people died from CV is USA.

Guess what? There are 330,000,000 people.

Did the US fail as well?

Governments are not experts in Pandemics.

Neither are you.

You already failed yourself.

Edited by bwpage3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Mate, I'm talking about the big players, not those little ones that fudge the numbers 

Ask yourself how in the world Thailand can keep track of all the CV numbers?

Many rural areas in Isaan have no internet, no hospitals etc.

How does the government track all that?

And remember?

This is from a government famous for buying Fake Bomb Scanners, Fake CCTV's, you name it.

If you think Thailand can accurately account for anything, you don't understand Thailand very well at all.

Why is Thailand locked down tighter than a drum with only 3000 cases?

Those are 3000 cases they know about, how many they don't know is the huge concern.

49 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Always the Keyboard warrior living in the third world because they couldn't survive in the first world.

No need to get on your horse, unless you are looking for a destitute 20 year old, you wouldn't be in Thailand in the first place.

No it's not the 6 months of monsoon rains, the horrific traffic, the stagnant air pollution, the rising costs that led you to the third world.

And yet you have the audacity to claim Europe has failed it's people?

Are you an expert in Pandemics?

Is there one solution that will solve this crisis in any country?

No there isn't.

675,000 people died from Cancer.

Where were you then with all your advice?

125,000 people died from CV is USA.

Guess what? There are 330,000,000 people.

Did the US fail as well?

Governments are not experts in Pandemics.

Neither are you.

You already failed yourself.

Hangon mate, slow down, you've wrote a lot but there's not a lot of sense.

What I can make out is the US and its failing. 

Yes, the US has failed miserably, Donald has no idea how to manage the situation, now his people are rebelling because they are confused, mixed messages, poor leadership.

I'm praising Thailand (and Australia) for their decision making, protecting their people by closing their borders. 
Its a huge sacrifice, the economy is suffering, its costing Thailand a fortune. 
Thailand's youth will pay the price, for many, many years to come. 

Thailand will also be lagging, it will be much slower to grow their economy once there is a normal because it will take many years before tourism gets back on track.

Unfortunately there will be collateral damage, lots of issues, one of them will be the expats and their families, they are suffering.

Keeping Thailands people safe takes a higher priority. 

• Like 1

Guys I haven't seen my girlfriend since January. What do you guys think would be the earliest I would be able to travel to Bangkok or have her visit me in the Netherlands? I am more than willing to do 14 day quarantine. This situation really sucks. I've been doing amazing financially, but not I cannot even be with my loved one.

Have been checking the thaiger and the bangkok post 3 times a day for the last 2 months. 

Do you think it is going to be a possibility to travel to a country like South Korea in let's say July and then travel to Bangkok?

I read that they might open up to different asian countries in July.

Situation really sucks, hurts to read you guys with families not being able to visit your kids. Wishing everybody the best.

(EDIT) Also why would the board of tourism expect 16 million tourist this year? Is that purely based on Chinese wanting to visit after let's say July? Or do you guys think that they might open up for more countries that are doing well Corona infection wise.

Edited by reallyaffiliated
extra
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Guys I haven't seen my girlfriend since January. What do you guys think would be the earliest I would be able to travel to Bangkok or have her visit me in the Netherlands? I am more than willing to do 14 day quarantine. This situation really sucks. I've been doing amazing financially, but not I cannot even be with my loved one.

Have been checking the thaiger and the bangkok post 3 times a day for the last 2 months. 

Do you think it is going to be a possibility to travel to a country like South Korea in let's say July and then travel to Bangkok?

I read that they might open up to different asian countries in July.

Situation really sucks, hurts to read you guys with families not being able to visit your kids. Wishing everybody the best.

(EDIT) Also why would the board of tourism expect 16 million tourist this year? Is that purely based on Chinese wanting to visit after let's say July? Or do you guys think that they might open up for more countries that are doing well Corona infection wise.

It seems that we have to wait until 30. June at least.

Koreans also not allowed to enter until then.

Most people on this topic agree they would go into 14 days quarantine and pay for it. But no way right now (maybe unofficial ways).

There are rumors that the Thai government will first repatriate all citizens first and then make the next step with foreigners (or even worse, then start to think about the next step).

• Like 1