How many of us are stuck outside Thailand due to virus? ?

sirineou

19 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I reckon you're better off where you are.

Walking the streets and seeing the doom and gloom is not pleasant.
Being around all these miserable elderly guys, its depressing.............. glass half empty, negative, hostile, angry guys who act like old woman nagging and bitching.

They live in a shoebox (3m x 3m) they call home, no vehicle, no money to enjoy themselves. 

They spend more money on beer than that of their combined electric, rent, water bills added up, and having the recent alcohol ban just added to their hostility.

They don't exercise so they're in a lot of pain as the body can't cope with sitting at their computer 16 hours a day waiting to make a negative angry comment on one of their many social media web sites.

These people blame others for their misfortunes no accountability for their miserable lives.

They need to grow up............. probably too late as they are in their last years of life.

Are you suffering from depression? It's no joke the symptoms are there, best of luck 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Are you suffering from depression? It's no joke the symptoms are there, best of luck 

Its funny you mentioned depression.

I see far too many negative comments on TVF, this encourages negative comments by sheep followers it just brings down the original post. I tend not to read these negative comments, they are really annoying.

Lets improve TVF by commentating with happy, positive comments, there is no need for anger and hostility.

If you are depressed get help dont comment negatively, keep things positive.

There is obviously depression out there and loads of it, get help you guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Your name “madmen” shows signs of anger and hostility, possibly depression.

Cambridge describes madmen as

a man who behaves in a very strange and uncontrolled or dangerous way

I’d be looking at changing that name, you’re giving the members an angry, depressive impression.

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 hour ago, 473geo said:

Looks like England have produced a path to opening up almost fully by early July so not inconceivable flights in July, providing there is no major set back

Barring any major setbacks Greece is also set  to open up July 1st  , I can't believe Thailand with it's similar dependance on tourism can be far behind if not ahead.    

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 3:26 PM, liddelljohn said:

im in UK  but have my dad 90 , mates and several big bikes to rebuild and cheap good wine to dink   ,, missing thai food and my sexy lady

Yup also stuck in UK since mid Feb - was thinking June but have a feeling July earliest - have a flight booked for June 5th - but hey ho wine is cheap here!!

• Like 1

The news here in Australia seems to change on a daily basis. I read 2021 in general is the very earliest they reckon it may happen. the do seem however to be considering allowing thousands of international students in. I am facing a year away from my one year old and girlfriend. Some clarity would be great.

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2020 at 9:21 AM, madmen said:

pty, negative, hostile, angry guys who act like old woman nagging and bitching.

my neighbour is like that. Big fat kiwi bloke who pretends to be tough but whines like an old woman.

• Haha 1

Just now, UbonThani said:

politicians dont know what they r doing

They feared the 'second wave' but now more so fear being 'left behind' as others begin to open up and restart the economy, change of direction to go with the flow is required. As places like the UK and US with their casualty list start rolling, well others with much less damage will surely be questioned if they are slow out of the blocks.

9 minutes ago, 473geo said:

They feared the 'second wave' but now more so fear being 'left behind' as others begin to open up and restart the economy, change of direction to go with the flow is required. As places like the UK and US with their casualty list start rolling, well others with much less damage will surely be questioned if they are slow out of the blocks.

Last night on tele they showed a map of Aus with covid cases. 99.9% no covid yet still in lockdown. Opening up is still 4 to 8 weeks away. Madness really. It should be opened up based on location. People lost jobs in areas with no cases.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

Barring any major setbacks Greece is also set  to open up July 1st  , I can't believe Thailand with it's similar dependance on tourism can be far behind if not ahead.    

Anyone who can think logically would do so. But politicians are different. Thailand currently has a zero-cases Covid strategy. But how long can that last? The virus will not go away in this world and a vaccine is far away. Thailand would have to stay closed for another year or more, that's insane.

Earlier or later they will realize that they have to adopt their strategy. Politicians are SLOOOW learners.

19 minutes ago, Berti said:

Thailand currently has a zero-cases Covid strategy.

Am not sure what that even means.

Thailand have a strategy to open things incrementally from May and that is happening. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chessman said:

Am not sure what that even means.

Thailand have a strategy to open things incrementally from May and that is happening. 

The goal is zero new Covid cases. Extermination of the virus in Thailand.

They have so few active cases now, European countries would have a big party to celebrate it. But Thailand still has partial lockdown.

12 minutes ago, Berti said:

One more month.

30. June

Sad.

The question that worries me: What will be different on 1.July, 1.August, .........

Thailand closed forever?  ????

Edited by Berti
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Where are you? We are in Florida.

I understand your frustration, I fear the same. Though our situation is a bit better than most since we have a house here, but our house in Thailand stays empty for close to a year now, and as you say it might be much longer. 

I don't understand why they don't at least have provisions for those with work permits. It must be a burden to businesses who depend on these individuals. Originally I thought those with work permits were allowed,now i hear differently.  

And I am lucky to be with my wife, What about if I had come here on my own as many have. Why not , as you said" have a test, and if you are clean be allowed to enter, then quarantine for 14 days to eliminate the possibility of infection in transit. 

I don't get it, what is the danger?

Anyway,  regardless. There are no or very litle flights. 

But don't despair. I am convinced that thing will start changing in the next couple of months, There is way too much money involved , not too.  This is economically unsustainable.

When it comes to "small potatoes" I am not even a sprout, and I have lost a  s h i t load of money, I can only imagine the pain the "big boys" are feeling. Trust me there is a lot of pressure to reopen.

Here in the US they are talking of fast tracking a vaccine this Fall. And soon there will be reliable antibody tests that will indicate immunity by many of us. 

In Georgia, our neighboring State, they reopened the economy two weeks ago, everyone said there will be an explosion of new cases. Yesterday I read they have a 12% decrease.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-map-high-risk-states-8ceeaa05-cc07-4e8b-b9f4-df3a3315f143.html

I am sure many of us had it already and we don't even know we had it. 

Hung in there my friend , soon all this will be a bad memory, and we will be back complaining about double pricing LOL  

Thank you and I totally agree.

I'm in Austria and the situation here is quite under control. One more reason I don't understand why I can't go.

We have to be patient about things we can't change. Everyday I try to smile (the Thai way) and be a little bit happy.

• Like 2

I've told my wife to contact the government number 111, and tell them about our situation. As many as possible should put a pressure on them. Family visas are less important than wps? Makes me sick!

Edited by RotBenz8888
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Currently stuck on a military base in Saudi. Not seen my family since early January. Had planned on us all going to the UK in March but cancelled a week before in the end, and very glad that I did. 

Hoping to make it to Thailand for the Haj holiday in July, but we'll see what happens. 

Only positive is saving more money then usual. I have a job, full salary, and good health. 

Missing the family, but I consider myself one of the lucky ones right now. 

Same as me. When this is over, i'm gonna take a 1 year holiday to stay with my family. 

• Like 2

I am stuck in Sao Paulo Brazil , came here because of a health problem , was flying back on the 21 st of march ,arrived Dubai for a connecting flight , waited there for 4 hours and my flight to Bangkok was cancelled. Could not fly anywhere in Southeast Asia due to enter restrctions. Needed to buy a new ticket (full fare ) to Sao Paulo .A 42 hours ,non stop, journey. All this with Emirates.I want to go home,is getting cold...

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:41 AM, englishoak said:

Just wait until people see the new flight ticket prices, let alone the limited availability and document requirements coming down the pipeline... Friend is quite high up in BA Air Cargo, apparently whats being discussed at passenger division re new regulations in regards to social distancing and health concerns leading to costs is in his words eye watering. They are looking at a capacity passenger reduction of 30% as a minimum and possibly 50% on some models. Consequentially  prices would have to rise considerably in order to remain profitable, prices would need to double or treble for some longhaul destinations...  its looking like for the foreseeable future at least flying for the masses is going to become very limited and expensive indeed. What might ease things  is Thailand has a been a popular destination so more flights in and out could help reduce prices but red tape and an unwelcoming attitude towards tourists by the Thai gov could have a negative impact and reduce flights instead. 

People might want to take into account the likelihood of jetting about cheaply has very possibly come to an end for at least a few years. 

And CNN just posted a photo yesterday of a United Flight Jammed completely full.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:31 PM, cubism001 said:

The airports shut the day after I paid for my ticket back! I'd already given notice on my flat so I'm lucky not to be homeless.  Plus the US is so gawd awful infected. Hope I can get back into Th in June before I'm driven mad by rednecks in the heartland who do NOT believe in covid-19, social distancing, etc. It's the flu...right? Hard to believe that Thailand is worse.

How many in America out of 330,000,000 people do you call gawd awful infected?

• Like 1