Does Anyone have a Feel for how the demographics of Thailand's Farang population has been altered during the past 60 days? By the Virus?

I expect that a lot of lower paid  foreigners  have gone and won't return for at least a year. These include the teachers, real estate touts, and seasonal dive shop workers. Gone are the "mai thai" guys who "trained" here. Also gone are djs and I would expect a number of beer bar/brothel operators. Many of the foreign companies and government embassies/consulates/agencies pulled their employees, especially those over the age of 50. The  pensioners who were living on the edge if not already gone will be driven out by  the economic conditions when it comes time to renew visas in July. 

Those who had solid investments or pensions or businesses and families are still in Thailand. Going forward, those who will be placed to    sail on through  are those with money. It is going to get a lot more expensive in the coming months as all the handouts and subsidies will need to be paid for.

15 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Fed up to the back teeth with Covid posts and the alcohol lock

down, wonder what people are going to talk about ,when things

return to something near normality.

Here's a question for you Covid fanatics,what colour do you think the virus is ?

regards Worgeordie

The virus does not have a colour. It is an opaque structure. The colours we see can be due to dyes and tracers used to highlight the virus. However, the vivid reds and oranges we see in depictions are due to the artistic license of medical artists. They do this to highlight structure etc. 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Fed up to the back teeth with Covid posts and the alcohol lock

down, wonder what people are going to talk about ,when things

return to something near normality.

Here's a question for you Covid fanatics,what colour do you think the virus is ?

regards Worgeordie

OK.  Then can we please talk about this?: 

This does not really deal with the Covid crapolla.  It only asks the questions about how universities will be changed by the move to teach and learn online.  Thank you.

On 5/1/2020 at 1:15 AM, JohnBarleycorn said:

Very curious about the changing Farang population here, this is for sure!

Why would anyone care, if every other white person in the world died/disappeared tomorrow, it would make no virtually no difference to me. I don't mix with any white people.

Edited by BritManToo
typo

47 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

It is going to get a lot more expensive in the coming months as all the handouts and subsidies will need to be paid for.

Can't see how ...... 

Not enough foreigners left to pay for everything.

No tourists for at least a year.

All the Thais are broke.

Where would the money come from to pay the 'more expensive'?

Usually when everyone is unemployed, everything gets cheaper.

I remember it happening in the UK in the 80s ........ mass unemployment, everything I bought was suddenly cheaper.

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/1/2020 at 1:26 AM, kokesaat said:

Now that they've come back to earth, 30-35 Baht/Dollar, I'd expect the number of people relocating to decline considerably.

I do think at least some Westerners are no longer choosing Thailand for retirement because of the instability of govt and money tied up for visas.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why would anyone care, if every other white person in the world died/disappeared tomorrow, it would make no virtually no difference to me. I don't mix with any white people.

BritMan, not only does this demonstrate awful insensitivity but it's also patently untrue! Who do you think you're mixing with here?!?

Good friends are good friends, no matter their hue.