Trump confident coronavirus may have originated in Chinese lab

webfact

6 minutes ago, frenetic said:

Which boats would those be? Give me some names. 

You think i'm your personal search engine?

You should know as it was posted on this forum before, when you were still using that other user name

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Selatan said:

Trump and Pompeo better shut up or else they would embarrass themselves further with their lies:

France’s first Covid-19 case 'dates back to December', flu retest shows

Looks like China is unlikely to be the origin of the virus.

1000s of tests have been faulty both ways, maybe as many as 30%.  An article just today reported 40 false positive tests in Yala. On retest they were all negative. This is usually because of lab contamination. The French sample was months old before it was analysed as an afterthought. Most likely it had gone bad.

There are also recorded cases from December and even November in China, pre-dating the meat market making a known leaky lab more suspect. But not confirmed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rabas said:

1000s of tests have been faulty both ways, maybe as many as 30%.  An article just today reported 40 false positive tests in Yala. On retest they were all negative. This is usually because of lab contamination. The French sample was months old before it was analysed as an afterthought. Most likely it had gone bad.

There are also recorded cases from December and even November in China, pre-dating the meat market making a known leaky lab more suspect. But not confirmed.

A very plausible alternative that rules it out as a man-made virus.....where did Covid-19 come from?

A new analysis has put to rest the conspiracies that claim it's a lab-made disease and one interesting scenario suggests the virus may have been circulating harmlessly in human populations for quite a while before it became the pandemic.

"It is possible that a progenitor of SARS-CoV-2 jumped into humans, acquiring [new genomic features] through adaptation during undetected human-to-human transmission," the team from the US, UK and Australia writes in the study.

"By comparing the available genome sequence data for known coronavirus strains, we can firmly determine that SARS-CoV-2 originated through natural processes," said one of the researchers, immunologist Kristian Andersen at Scripps Research.

The research found that the receptor-binding domain (RBD) sections of SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins were so effective at binding to human cells, they had to be caused by natural selection.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new-coronavirus-could-have-been-percolating-innocently-in-humans-for-years 

1 hour ago, Susco said:

My article claims that the outbreak was in Wuhan, not somewhere else, but was carried there on purpose by US soldiers.

Where in the article does it say the outbreak was elsewhere?

How do you explain that many US army boats, which haven't seen land since the covid outbreak, have infections?

Rest assured any theory that blames America or Americans will be met with open arms by certain people.

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Put it this way.

Trump believes something with no evidence and no one from intelligence agreeing with him. Just where did he get his info if not from intelligence.

On top of this, the 5 eyes reviewed their joint intelligence and determined trump is talking out of an orifice not normally associated with verbal communication.

So its up to you who you believe, the US intelligence community in agreement with the five eyes, or trump who we all know has an issue with the truth and facts.

Time to stop injecting disinfectant.

Why do you think I have to believe either of them?

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

On top of this, the 5 eyes reviewed their joint intelligence and determined trump is talking out of an orifice not normally associated with verbal communication.

Please produce a reference to what they really said.

No msm sources allowed, real information only please.

The did not conclude that the lab was not the source.

They said there is not sufficient evidence to conclude that at this time. (and I agree).

They also said that more investigation is needed. (and I agree with that).

I also believe the preponderance of evidence, scientific and situational, points to (one of the two) Wuhan labs as a likely source.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

A very plausible alternative that rules it out as a man-made virus.....where did Covid-19 come from?

No one has been seriously considering a lab engineered virus almost form the beginning, at least that I know of.

However, the Wuhan lab did design bioengineered viruses to make them able to infect human tissue. They published this work along with their US counterparts.  Such viruses can be used to research defences against real threats that might emerge in the future.

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

I have, twice in this thread. Thanks for the link. The UK, Canadian and Australian security services couched their response in polite diplomatic terms (not all governments are headed by foul mouthed morons) which can be literally translated as "Trump is talking out of an orifice not normally associated with verbal communication".

Just don't ask you for proof.

2 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Just don't ask you for proof.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/04/coronavirus-lab-leak-trump-five-eyes/ (link courtesy of Rabas).

"Despite claims from the Trump administration of a growing consensus that COVID-19 originated from a Chinese government lab, three members of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing partnership and sources within the U.S. national security community are throwing cold water on the theory.

Australia, the United Kingdom, and Canada have pointedly not backed up America’s apparent surety that the novel coronavirus was either deliberately or accidentally leaked from a Chinese lab."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Susco said:

My article claims that the outbreak was in Wuhan, not somewhere else, but was carried there on purpose by US soldiers.

Where in the article does it say the outbreak was elsewhere?

How do you explain that many US army boats, which haven't seen land since the covid outbreak, have infections?

They are US Navy ships, not US Army boats.

The soldiers that went to the exercise in China flew there, they didn't arrive by ship.

Navy ships frequently make port calls, and have people fly on and off routinely.

Rather than wildly speculating, why don't you inform yourself before you post?

10 minutes ago, heybruce said:

They are US Navy ships, not US Army boats.

The soldiers that went to the exercise in China flew there, they didn't arrive by ship.

Navy ships frequently make port calls, and have people fly on and off routinely.

Rather than wildly speculating, why don't you inform yourself before you post?

My sincere apologies for using the wrong wording for the row boats ships

Since English is not my native language, maybe we can continue in my native language, so to be sure I don't make any more of those unforgivable mistakes. Let's see how you do in my language.

Of course the soldiers that went on exercise didn't go there by boat, but they carried the virus with them, because it was produced in a US lab and needed to be planted in China.

Yes those army row boats, oops I mean NAVY SHIPS of course, have people fly on and off, but I don't think much of them are Chinese.

So looks like maybe something went wrong in the US army lab and many soldiers ( I am allowed to use that word Bruce? ) got infected and infected those on the boats SHIPS.

Why don't you practice some comprehensive reading before you post?

4 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/04/coronavirus-lab-leak-trump-five-eyes/ (link courtesy of Rabas).

"Despite claims from the Trump administration of a growing consensus that COVID-19 originated from a Chinese government lab, three members of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing partnership and sources within the U.S. national security community are throwing cold water on the theory.

Australia, the United Kingdom, and Canada have pointedly not backed up America’s apparent surety that the novel coronavirus was either deliberately or accidentally leaked from a Chinese lab.

Ummm.... NO. You claimed earlier:

4 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

"I have, twice in the Pompeo thread. Thanks for the link. The UK, Canadian and Australian security services couched their response in polite diplomatic terms (not all governments are headed by foul mouthed morons) which can be literally translated as "Trump is talking out of an orifice not normally associated with verbal communication".

As proof, you offered an article that summarizes what some journalist says they said, not what they actually said. Nice try.

7 hours ago, candide said:

Direct from Wuhan, starring Bat Woman!

From a paper in the Journal of Science "An experiment that created a hybrid version of a bat coronavirus — one related to the virus that causes SARS — has triggered renewed debate over whether engineering lab variants of viruses with possible pandemic potential is worth the risks."

She also found natural ones that could also infect humans!  "In 2013, researchers reported this ability [to infect humans] for the first time in a different coronavirus isolated from the same bat population2." 

Here is the scientific paper how she made it. A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence

But don't try this at home kids, it could leak!  Deadly SARS leaked from a Beijing lab 3 times, sickening  many and killing one. Worldwide there have been 100 biolab security accidents.

But yeah, there is no scientific evidence yet showing it came from a lab, or that it didn't. Circumstantial evidence is about like 'pants on fire'.

Edited by rabas

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Direct from Wuhan, starring Bat Woman!

From a paper in the Journal of Science "An experiment that created a hybrid version of a bat coronavirus — one related to the virus that causes SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) — has triggered renewed debate over whether engineering lab variants of viruses with possible pandemic potential is worth the risks."

She also found natural ones that could also infect humans!  "In 2013, researchers reported this ability [to infect humans] for the first time in a different coronavirus isolated from the same bat population2." 

Here is the scientific paper how she made it. A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence

But don't try this at home kids, it could leak!  Deadly SARS leaked from a Beijing lab 3 times, sickening  many and killing one. Worldwide there have been 100 biolab security accidents.

But yeah, there is no scientific evidence yet showing it came from a lab, or that it didn't. Circumstantial evidence is about like 'pants on fire'.

That does not even reach the threshold for circumstantial evidence that this virus was manmade and escaped from the lab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

That does not even reach the threshold for circumstantial evidence that this virus was manmade and escaped from the lab

That was not my subject. Subject was that they were making  mad made viruses at that lab.

The one that may have leaked was not an engineered virus. Been known from the beginning.

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

That was not my subject. Subject was that they were making  mad made viruses at that lab.

The one that may have leaked was not an engineered virus. Been known from the beginning.

Ah, that's why you mentioned "But yeah, there is no scientific evidence yet showing it came from a lab, or that it didn't. Circumstantial evidence is about like 'pants on fire'." after talking about a manmade virus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ah, that's why you mentioned "But yeah, there is no scientific evidence yet showing it came from a lab, or that it didn't. Circumstantial evidence is about like 'pants on fire'." after talking about a manmade virus.

Show me the evidence it didn't.

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Show me the evidence it didn't.

Which is not the point of your post or my reaction to it. You're implying things, and when queried backtrack, trying to shift to the replying poster. No.

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Pants on fire refers to lab leaks in general, not a man made virus as you juxtaposed. Though I understand the confusion in the heat of TV battle. This is what I said before fire pants.

"She also found natural ones that could also infect humans!  "In 2013, researchers reported this ability [to infect humans] for the first time in a different coronavirus isolated from the same bat population2." 

"Deadly SARS leaked from a Beijing lab 3 times, sickening many and killing one. Worldwide there have been 100 biolab security accidents."

So yeah, how could people ignore the possibility? 

You should also know scientists are not particularly careful people.

43 minutes ago, rabas said:

Pants on fire refers to lab leaks in general, not a man made virus as you juxtaposed. Though I understand the confusion in the heat of TV battle. This is what I said before fire pants.

"She also found natural ones that could also infect humans!  "In 2013, researchers reported this ability [to infect humans] for the first time in a different coronavirus isolated from the same bat population2." 

"Deadly SARS leaked from a Beijing lab 3 times, sickening many and killing one. Worldwide there have been 100 biolab security accidents."

So yeah, how could people ignore the possibility? 

You should also know scientists are not particularly careful people.

Nobody is ignoring any possibilities, but you're leading at best.

If you want something to apply to a part of a post, place it with that part, not in general.

Btw, I had to look it up, but juxtaposed means placed closely together for contrasting effect. That is not what I did, better know the meaning of words before using them. I'm sure you can find more applicable terms to impress me with.