SCB reopens most branches in malls, markets

SCB reopens most branches in malls, markets

By THE NATION

800_9b103ed7b34c697.jpg?v=1588313387

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) on Friday (May 1) reopened 292 out of a total 322 branches in markets and department stores nationwide.

On Tuesday (May 5), it will also reopen 578 out of its total 586 standalone branches.

SCB said the reopening has complied strictly with precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387118

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-01

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I don't know if SCB was one of the banks restricting entry to foreigners, but will all their reopened branches be open to all?

It was one apparently, and that shouldn't be forgotten.

One of my friends banks with them in Bangkok and was refused entry into the branch on the basis that he was a white foreigner.

For me, regardless of the circumstances, that would be enough for me to cease dealing with that entity for good.

Edited by Yadon Toploy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

It was one apparently, and that shouldn't be forgotten.

One of my friends banks with them in Bangkok and was refused entry into the branch on the basis that he was a white foreigner.

For me, regardless of the circumstances, that would be enough for me to cease dealing with that entity for good.

Agreed, although I think what happened before the mass lockdowns shouldn't necessarily occur now. I would however, threaten to sue for discriminating on the basis of nationality or race. Surely there are anti-discrimination laws in Thailand and surely banks would be among the least likely to discriminate since it effects their image?