Thailand to allow alcohol sales after three-week ban: officials

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

The 7-11 family had already bought a machine from China to make masks and bought Personal protective equipment and supplies for hospitals before PM asked for help.

Yeah thats part of the 700 million people seem to think CP donated to the government as cash.... cost em 135m to set up as I recall.

It may have have been mentioned already, but let's not forget that the bars will still be closed, and you can go to your favourite restaurant for a meal, but you can't have a drink with your meal! You could of course buy a bottle of wine from the restaurant and take it home with you (if there's an ATM handy!)

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Because that's not 100% sure, that's up to Chonburi's governor now.

He will confirm or not the ban this afternoon.

Here lies the problem. Thailand isnt a huge country like the US so this province by province decision in stupid! If they say you can buy it then you can buy it, end of story!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Here lies the problem. Thailand isnt a huge country like the US so this province by province decision in stupid! If they say you can buy it then you can buy it, end of story!

But you will be able to buy booze in Bangkok, so if they want to avoid people travelling to Bkk... they know what they have to do.

I doubt the ban wont be lifted in Chonburi, we are too close to Bkk.

37 minutes ago, lampangguy said:

Sa Kaeo governor has extended ban, regardless of May 3rd lifting...other provinces to follow?

Any more news on yeas or nays to lifting the ban from the various governors?

• Like 1

Surely we are not going to have a yay or nay nonsense from 75 successive governors, fer f u k s sakes is this country a kindergarten.

Can't someone take control and give proper directions to the whole country.

All these muppets making pronouncements when they don't have a clue what they are on about.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Any more news on yeas or nays to lifting the ban from the various governors?

The problem is that as soon as couple of governors impose a ban, the others get mind struck that ..." I don't wish to be seen as a governor doing nothing..."

My guess is many proviences will ban alcohol.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marquis22 said:

But not the head, I bought a months supply from the black market yesterday .....

Yes, Sergeant Daeng knows already, he'll be round to see you Monday morning! :wink:

11 minutes ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

I noted Heineken's non alcoholic beer also have been removed from our 7 Eleven despite it's advertised as containing 0% Alcohol.

Why not remove all soft-drinks by that rationale- keep it safe. 

I'm just wondering why non alcoholic beer is equal to or more expensive than real beer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Yeah, I was led to believe the 2 - 5 PM ban was about schoolkids, but they are in school then supposedly, so what is the thinking behind it.

The 10 - 4 curfew they can have as long as they like, couldn't give a to$$

I was led to believe the same but like you I don't understand that thinking either as schools are closed on weekends and you still can't buy between 2 and 5 pm on Sat or Sun.

I have no problem with the curfew personally but it serves no purpose to controlling the spread of the virus. 

3 minutes ago, Toshiba66 said:

I was led to believe the same but like you I don't understand that thinking either as schools are closed on weekends and you still can't buy between 2 and 5 pm on Sat or Sun.

I have no problem with the curfew personally but it serves no purpose to controlling the spread of the virus. 

Think it keeps the brain dead no mask p_ss heads of the streets ....

1 hour ago, lampangguy said:

Sa Kaeo governor has extended ban, regardless of May 3rd lifting...other provinces to follow?

I think Pathum Thani has extended to the 31st also. Just went into Big C and theres a new sign since yesterday. This one says that "in order to comply with govenerment instructions...." no booze until at least the 31st. Oh well, an instruction passed down from those it wont effect because I have no doubt the government officials won't be without a tipple if they fancy one during the month!! I can see Nakhon-Nayok/Rangsit Road be nose to tail traffic tomorrow with everyone hitting the 7/11's in Bangkok!