Pattaya: friends in shock as associates of British man asked to come forward in murder of Thai woman

rooster59

7 minutes ago, Sujo said:

That is also my experience from prosecuting in qld.

marijuana, very small crime, not worth mentioning.

cocaine, again very small crime until on the way down then hope they are not driving. Users tend to have money so dont do crimes against others to feed the addiction.

heroin, lots of break and enter, stealing, robbery to feed the addiction. Lots of crimes to get money to pay for it.

ice, meth, all bets off, they go nuts and will do whatever it takes for a hit. Once they have that hit you dont want to be near them. Its the real crazy drug.

Where were you a prosecutor?  Your statement (Once they have that hit you don't want to be near them. Its the real crazy drug) sounds like a statement my Grandmother would make i.e. a statement of little knowledge or experience concerning this subject. 

Edited by BeltAndRoad
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, dddave said:

The US has spent billions of dollars in it's various wars on drugs yet the problem is worse than ever.  Enforcement of restrictive drug laws have proven to work no better on drugs than the restrictive alcohol laws enacted at Prohibition worked reducing alcohol abuse.  It's time to accept the obvious, that eliminating the hugely profitable illicit drug trade by legalizing the sale of drugs is the only answer.  People who want to take drugs can, just as they do now.  The only difference is they won't have to steal and murder to support it.

It does seem that just buying the entire world supply of drugs and selling it to those with a licence would be a lot easier than trying to eradicate it, not to mention a lot cheaper. It would also reduce gang violence, corruption and the whole underground drug scene massively. Must be a good reason not to..

7 hours ago, simtemple said:

If he is found guilty, the death penalty would seem appropriate.

RIP Thai Lady 

It would be interesting to know how many people confess to a crime and 

then later found not guilty, I guess he could change his plea in court.

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The addicts wouldn't have to steal and murder if they could get hard drugs legally in a public health setting.  Many would be happy to sit in front of TV and dope to death.Others sold and Taxed. Like Cannabis in US.

All drugs should be legalized. Deal with it as a public health issue. It is called harm reduction 

I'm in two minds on this. I completely get your argument. But at the same time I think legalising something is effectively saying it's ok to try it. Or that's how kids might interpret it anyway. As a teenage school kid I was keen to try cigarettes and alcohol (legal), but I never wanted to try heroin. 

And besides, I don't think this guy murdered the girl just because yaba was illegal...

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So in terms of the awfulness of this.

My wife's cousin, who until recently was a lady of the night in Pattaya, was on a vidchat with my wife.

She actually knew the guy and had he had been a 'customer'. 

She recognized him from the media reports, and said she had the three times felt scared. He paid well, but he always wanted her to take YaBa and at the end was aggressive.

She always refused to go with him after that

Sounds like a nasty piece of work. So sad that it took the loss of a life to get him off the streets. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

What beats me about the headline is if his friends havent made themselves known yet, how do they know they exist, and if they do, that they are in shock?

Journalistic license.  It's one "friend", Khun Ping, who apparently claims to be shocked.  I have news for Khun Ping, its not necessary to have lots of money to have lots of women in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, Steve Vincent said:

What’s wrong with tattoos ? I’m covered in them and I’ve never killed anybody nor do I want too unless it’s necessary ! 

A local volunteer who has full of tattoo on his body was removing graffiti in the park. It seems a classic oxymoron.   

18 minutes ago, elliss said:

Does any expat, have freiends ?.

I can count on one hand ,555

I still have genuine friends from my early days here over twenty years ago. 

8 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Drugs affect different people differently. Some drugs are far more addictive than others and some far more harmful to health and well being. Again, people's tolerance and reaction times will be different.

Personality changes, due to the affects on inhibitions, judgement and reasoning are common. Some may become more jovial, behave strange but harmless, etc. Others can become depressed, anti-social and downright violent. 

Those changes aren't always predictable nor are they consistent. Someone can have no issues with a drug and then one day something happens. Seen that a lot with big alcohol consumers.

A lot depends on the personality, state of mind, natural tendencies and mental state of the individual. Some people would always self harm, other would harm other people, in extreme situations. 

Drugs usually reduce an individuals ability to control and prevent extreme situations and reactions.

If you worked in nightclubs, or visited and don't drink, you can observe the physical changes in people's appearances and their behavior changes as more alcohol, and possibly other drugs are consumed. You also get used to spotting which ones are likely to be trouble.

We don't know how much alcohol and/or yaba this man consumed; or what his personality and tendency to violence was. Some people are violent, have violent tempers, and don't need any drug to stoke it.

totally agree, i experimented with drugs in my youth, never went more than recreational use, but saw many times that drugs effect different people in different ways and there's no predicting what will happen. i always took with friends, never with strangers.

3 hours ago, BeltAndRoad said:

It's not because they are taking meth, it's because they don't have enough money to buy more meth.  Give out meth in exchange for labor and these crack heads become workaholics.

True up to a point - I had some experience with a company in HK that gave out free meth to the workers - long time ago. One guy, an electrician, didn't clock out for a month. Never stopped working.  Scary on more than one level. Have to add though that it wouldn't take too long to kill someone at that rate.

Edited by katatonic
Addition

Been to patts.  . . . The expat community is the most sad, pathetic bunch of individuals I've ever seen.

They are so proud if how little they pay the girls and know where all the best happy hours are.

Sad bunch of losers.

This guy is a classic  example,  picking up girls in the street and taking drugs.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Been to patts.  . . . The expat community is the most sad, pathetic bunch of individuals I've ever seen.

They are so proud if how little they pay the girls and know where all the best happy hours are.

Sad bunch of losers.

This guy is a classic  example,  picking up girls in the street and taking drugs.

Wow you must of met so many on your trip to make such a sweeping statement. 

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Lots of money and nice house many girls and then doing something crazy like this . Life's over for him now and the police or whoever have some money and property to devide .

You believe a brown envelope with signed house documents and X million bath will give him one way ticket back to England?

26 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

Sad bunch of losers.

You must really know "The expat community" well, maybe from the cheap Charley bars you hang out to get info where you can get cheap beer and prostitutes. 

Get a life man.

5 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

They would need to be in an institution though. You couldnt have them getting zonked in a safe setting all afternoon then kick them onto the streets at 7pm. Probably cost too much though for the authorities to be bothered about

How much is spent on jails, police forces, and drug enforcement?

6 minutes ago, bander said:

You must really know "The expat community" well, maybe from the cheap Charley bars you hang out to get info where you can get cheap beer and prostitutes. 

Get a life man.

Unlike the real high end bars and restaurants where the high rollers go.

Maybe i missed them also in all my many long trips to Pattaya.

Care to share these hidden gems which you frequent in Pattaya?

Just for the record my experience of Pattaya ex pats is a bunch of penny pinchers as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

There really needs to be better screening for people entering Thailand. literally anyone with a shady past, whether it be a peado, rapist, or a murderer can so easily just enter this country without any proper background checks. 

Sounds like you believe a big % of the murderers in Thailand are foreigners, have you got any clue how many Thais who kills their wife or friends, mostly during drug or alcohol intoxication?

Thai news channels shows this scenario almost every day.

Western foreigners committing murder in Thailand is not the biggest problem RTP has to deal with.

12 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Yaba is just a stronger coffee.

Other article said they smoked ice. Which would be more consistent with what happened. Having sex all night, murdering someone, having accident on motorbike, screaming about murdering someone in delirium.

Ya - Drug

Ba - Crazy

yaba is called crazy drug.  I believe it is "Ice" mixed with caffeine to keep user awake even longer.  Seems to be popular with long distance drivers, gogo dancers for example.

8 minutes ago, sharksy said:

Ya - Drug

Ba - Crazy

yaba is called crazy drug.  I believe it is "Ice" mixed with caffeine to keep user awake even longer.  Seems to be popular with long distance drivers, gogo dancers for example.

The psychological effects of methamphetamine can include euphoria, dysphoria, changes in libido, alertness, apprehension and concentration, decreased sense of fatigue, insomnia or wakefulness, self-confidence, sociability, irritability, restlessness, grandiosity and repetitive and obsessive behaviors. Peculiar to methamphetamine and related stimulants is "punding", persistent non-goal-directed repetitive activity.[41] Methamphetamine use also has a high association with anxiety, depression, amphetamine psychosis, suicide, and violent behaviours.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

More likely that she asked him for the money owed & he refused.

RIP to the lady.

Yes, money likely motive, maybe she gave him some ya.ba, then wanted the money for the drug and the entertainment. He flipped, probably was a flipper anyway, she probably pressed his flip button, bad luck for her. Sad this is, Only demonstrats that lots of nutters still live in  Childs Playground, Sorry to say that but that's it's nickname. If you spoke fluent Thai then you would not believe what they say about these sorts behind your back 

. These types unfortunately ruin all, of the good peoples reputation and fuel the enlightened one

,   1

So how was a 48 year old living in what looks to be a pretty nice house survive in Thailand?

What was he doing for money?

Too young to retired, and I know looks can be deceiving, but he doesn't look like the online tech wizard kinda guy.

So how did he get an extension of stay?

Many questions about this guy, apart from the fact that he brutally (allegedly) murdered a woman

3 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

The psychological effects of methamphetamine can include euphoria, dysphoria, changes in libido, alertness, apprehension and concentration, decreased sense of fatigue, insomnia or wakefulness, self-confidence, sociability, irritability, restlessness, grandiosity and repetitive and obsessive behaviors. Peculiar to methamphetamine and related stimulants is "punding", persistent non-goal-directed repetitive activity.[41] Methamphetamine use also has a high association with anxiety, depression, amphetamine psychosis, suicide, and violent behaviours.

I heard it's very addictive, does anyone know if everyone gets addicted or is it just certain people? i wonder because a falang got a girl i know onto yaba and I'm hoping there won't be a downward spiral

3 hours ago, sharksy said:

Ya - Drug

Ba - Crazy

Years back they had meth or some sort of amphetamine that was called "white horse". Favorite of truckers and others who drove all day, all night.  Nothing new.

I used to buy a few tablets of Valium before I got on an all-night bus from Loei to Bangkok on those 2 lane roads.

Edited by Damrongsak