Can you run a business from a residential property/house

I bought a very good Kebab from a guy who does a catering service from his house in a Moobaan. 

Was a bit shocked to find out that's possible, but its' Thailand, as long as the landlord doesn't find out, you should be okay.

3 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I bought a very good Kebab from a guy who does a catering service from his house in a Moobaan. 

Was a bit shocked to find out that's possible, but its' Thailand, as long as the landlord doesn't find out, you should be okay.

until some busy body shops him and it will happen.  

I wouldnt sell from the property if the locals know a farang lives there it wont be long before something bad happens. 
Maybe get on of those street food barrows and park it near the house selling from that, many farangs buy these for their partners for selling smoothies and things so shouldnt be a problem. Depends where you are and how strange your community is

26 minutes ago, Crossy said:

From a condo, almost certainly not.

From a house in a gated village or moo baan - possibly, but check the village regulations.

From a stand alone home anywhere else - bring it on.

Of course, if you upset the locals by setting up in competition all bets are off.

2 and 3 most definitely yes. Seen plenty of businesses run out of 2). Why is 1) off-limits? Technically if it were an online based business or even something like a chiropractic office, I'm sure it could be allowed?

11 hours ago, drbeach said:

Why is 1) off-limits? Technically if it were an online based business or even something like a chiropractic office, I'm sure it could be allowed?

"Could" is the operative word, most condos have wording in the bylaws about running businesses. Permission would be required for anything potentially visible or "disruptive" (extra visitors).

Online would be no issue, chiropractor - maybe, but our OP is talking about catering which would almost certainly be no no.