SURVEY: When will tourism return to normal?

Scott

SURVEY: When will tourism return to normal?  

492 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, overherebc said:

Any posters out there who don't actually care if tourism never comes back.

Just askin'.

You are really caring for other people, don"t you? Most of my Thai friends are directly or indirectly connected with tourism. So yes, I do care.

There will be lot of extreame traveller who want show they not scared! Main thing where they want to go and when coundry's give them green light to travel. But this kind people don't have enough to cover all loses in tourist section.

The International Tourism industry is going to be in the doldrums for many years to come but with most countries as has happened after a significant event eg: the Bali bombing Governments rely on local tourism with a massive campaign / cheap tickets / hotel packages.... Thailand will find they will have to do the same

5 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Sir, I believe that such as myself that if your healthy you will be fine!  I want to get back to Thailand to be with my wife!

Why you did not return before all this mess has started? 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:30 PM, connda said:

Tourist will not come if these types of restrictions are in place.

These restrictions are in place for a very long time .

Lets not forget the big boss of the Army is  teetotal , no alcohol ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

In my opinion, open up for tourist before there is vaccine and tourist can prove they have been vaccinated, would be open up for incoming Corona virus.  A card there prove they had a test not more than 6 days ago is worthless, they might not have it then, but can still be infected and develop it up to 2 weeks later.

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, overherebc said:

Any posters out there who don't actually care if tourism never comes back.

Just askin'.

I care, in that I hope it doesn't come back. I do not miss the Chinese or the Russians. Thais who work that I know have office jobs in non-tourist related businesses.

2 hours ago, Misab said:

In my opinion, open up for tourist before there is vaccine and tourist can prove they have been vaccinated, would be open up for incoming Corona virus.  A card there prove they had a test not more than 6 days ago is worthless, they might not have it then, but can still be infected and develop it up to 2 weeks later.

Would it not be funny to come from Europe - the so called epicenter -, covid free (as confirmed by a certificate), and catch it in Thailand, where there are "so few infections"? 

• 2 weeks later...