Travellers urged to strictly comply with local restrictions

rooster59

9 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Sorry, that went out the window the same moment that alcohol are again available from today.

Thai people lost their Songkran, been out of work and out of money. You can bet your last satang that alcohol fuelled parties are going on around the country, from today.

Long weekend + alcohol ban lifted ....... So much for planning.

Yes it was well planned and encouraged or it would have been banned, but how are travellers going to get through  Korat without a Quarantine both ends and who is checking, many laughing as they hit the beer BUT WHO IS CHECKING or after all this is going to turn into a free for all?

8 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

This is one of the biggest problems IMO, is that the governor of each province can set his own rules, not sure how that makes any sense at all?

This is Thailand, get used to it. Sense as we know it does not exist here.

Where else can you find any business responding to less customers by jacking up its prices?

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It's actually the same everwhere, Germany, US, local administrators made their own rules.

Was that not the case in Australia?

A bit of a tug of war going on there. The Federal Prime Minister wants the kids back in the schools. The State premiers are saying frok off, that's putting the teachers at risk.

In Victoria, golf is banned, the only state in Australia to do so. That's got golfers who pay $4000 t0 $6000 a year in membership subscriptions very teed off.

Depending on whether one subscribes to the herd immunity or virus extinction hypotheses, Australia is doing either very badly or very well. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

A bit of a tug of war going on there. The Federal Prime Minister wants the kids back in the schools. The State premiers are saying frok off, that's putting the teachers at risk.

In Victoria, golf is banned, the only state in Australia to do so. That's got golfers who pay $4000 t0 $6000 a year in membership subscriptions very teed off.

Depending on whether one subscribes to the herd immunity or virus extinction hypotheses, Australia is doing either very badly or very well. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

I don't know when you reside in Australia the last time I am here for many years

and I do agree with every thing the government does. Just look at the stats from

Australia or New Zealand

48 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This is Thailand, get used to it. Sense as we know it does not exist here.

Where else can you find any business responding to less customers by jacking up its prices?

I'm very used to it but will be p i s s e d off getting stuck somewhere i don't want to be.

If a conversation at the checkpoint was taking that route i think i'd make a run for it.......lol

15 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I don't know when you reside in Australia the last time I am here for many years

and I do agree with every thing the government does. Just look at the stats from

Australia or New Zealand

Depends on the age grouping, I'm in the most vulnerable cohort so I'm in favor of virus extinction.

Australia has become a totalitarian country. Scumo is the worst PM the country has ever seen. The opening of schools is about getting parents back to work. Not about protecting kids, teachers or anyone at home of those kids. I am glad I am in Thailand especially so when the government here did a backflip on the demon grog.

12 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

Sorry, that went out the window the same moment that alcohol are again available from today.

Thai people lost their Songkran, been out of work and out of money. You can bet your last satang that alcohol fuelled parties are going on around the country, from today.

Long weekend + alcohol ban lifted ....... So much for planning.

You have been watching to much CNN propaganda. ????