Checkpoints, curfew to be strictly enforced for 28 days

webfact

when is all this worldwide nonsense going to stop.

360k plus humans are born every day. 150k die every day. even if this virus rips through society we really wont loose that many in the grand scheme of things. have old people stay inside and let the rest of us live. 

social distancing for a species like ours ? hahaha laughable.

a few months ago loads of people cared about the environment and climate change and how big bad humans were destroying the world. now everyone all of a sudden cares about the safety and health of people ? gtfoh

Edited by mr mr
  • Like 1

His disapproval is noted and ignored. It’s either illegal to travel or it’s not. It’s either a legal requirement to wear masks or it’s not. Why do these bell ends always feel the need to puff their chests and spout nonsense. People higher than him have Changed the rules, he has to abide by them. He should <deleted>.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mr mr said:

a few months ago loads of people cared about the environment and climate change and how big bad humans were destroying the world.

Actually, I was thinking a few days ago, how nice it has been not seeing Greta Thumbergs face everywhere. Hopefully she will be permanently quarantined 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I understand why they give provincial control (as severity of the infection differs greatly), under guidance from the government, but it gets confusing to those living in provinces that buck the system and add their own extra measures, or rather enforce them differently.

As an example, up here in Phitsanulok they had removed at least 3 of the covid-19 checkpoints (road barriers, tents, booths all gone) which we would normally have to go through, and re-opened the roads for normal traffic usage. Apparently going against everything announced by the government in the OP.

Eventually arriving at Tesco Extra and seeing the enforcement of the alcohol ban still being observed. And later reading that air passengers arriving would have to go through 14 day quarantine; locals self-quarantine and visitors forced quarantine. 

So, up here anyway, what I see is that they have removed the system they had in place for registering visitors into the province, (by road) and now seem to be concentrating on the newly opened air travel mode for control of visitors. Throw on top of that the extended booze ban (which makes no sense after the Songkran period anyway) which seems to add that little bit of extra control and you have what you have.

Still, that was yesterday, seemingly before this latest announcement. It would be no surprise when going to work tomorrow I will again see hastily erected checkpoints once again. 

What roadblocks? I have been told by Thai people I know well that they have travelled regularly between provinces for the past weeks without any problems. One told me, if you are unlucky the police will take your temperature and then you can drive on if within normal limits. It looks like there is one reality being presented in the news while the actual situation is quite different.

10 hours ago, smedly said:

Curfew is a very draconian measure in any society and is the ultimate removal of civil liberty and very hard to justify 

Especially when it's not used for ramping up testing capabilities. It's just a power trip, eventually they'll have to open and it's back to square one because there's no test & track network in place. All they are doing is delaying for no gain whatsoever.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eddy Ozark said:

It looks like there is one reality being presented in the news while the actual situation is quite different.

That's all that matters in Thailand, how it looks. Face, the deadly cultural flaw in full swing.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Especially when it's not used for ramping up testing capabilities. It's just a power trip, eventually they'll have to open and it's back to square one because there's no test & track network in place. All they are doing is delaying for no gain whatsoever.

exactly 

some believe Thailand is doing a good job - I just don't see it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

That's not how they see it especially the narcissistic Prayuth. They see themselves as acting in a hugely cunning and subtle manner, and while everyone knows it's a nonsense, the people who want something from Thailand won't say so, and the people who don't want anything from Thailand have no reason to say anything. Besides, tomorrow, they may want something from Thailand. Such is the nature of diplomacy - do not defaecate on your neighbours lawn today, because tomorrow you may want to borrow his lawnmower.

Why on earth does anyone think the international community has been prepared to keep welcoming and talking to these numbskulls? Because they've all been fooled? Everyone? I don't think that's very likely.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

They see themselves as acting in a hugely cunning and subtle manner, and while everyone knows it's a nonsense, the people who want something from Thailand won't say so, and the people who don't want anything from Thailand have no reason to say anything.

Sounds exactly like how one treats a village idiot.

Edited by DrTuner
grammar
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bluesofa said:

'defending the Kingdom from external threats' Ha ha ha! I didn't know you could see a hundred years into the future.

Or are they perhaps going to invade China and open those damned dams that are causing the Mekong River to dry up?

I think they are referring to democracy..Or fair elections.