‘We Love Thailand’ campaign to stimulate domestic tourism

webfact

2 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Personally, I couldn't care less. Having lived in the North of Thailand for nearly 20 years, I could see the "writing on the wall" beginning to appear with the current pro-military elite, so having no "ties" I legged it to a neighboring country. My slogan "I LOVE CAMBODIA" - Siem Reap to be precise!

See you soon , Bill ..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Personally, I couldn't care less. Having lived in the North of Thailand for nearly 20 years, I could see the "writing on the wall" beginning to appear with the current pro-military elite, so having no "ties" I legged it to a neighboring country. My slogan "I LOVE CAMBODIA" - Siem Reap to be precise!

I can't wait for the borders to reopen so I can continue my holiday in Siem Reap.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Not happening, so only fools will travel.

Already had it so not really worried, am worried about airlines taking my money, cancelling my flights and not giving a credit/refund ......... so only bus travel viable for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

If they prefer the Chinese, I'm off to Grimsby next year,

no faffin about, and language is nearly understandable.

Why not?

They have excellent social media there.

Try GrimsbyVisa Forum (GVF) for all the latest..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"This campaign will promote new local products and attractions, especially those involving tourism communities," he said.

What are the new local products? New prostitutes or massage girls?

All I know is that most men I've met in my time here came to Thailand because of the 'easy-going girls."

I might be wrong, and they have so many new and fantastic products not copied.

"Especially those involving tourism communities?" What could that be? Sorry, I just don't get it.

My apologies for not understanding their statement. 

But I know that they need the money from Western tourists in a way like we need oxygen to breathe.

One night in Bangkok? 

59 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Domestic travel: Come to Buriram and enjoy two weeks of mandatory camping in the searing heat of an abandoned racetrack.

Why didn't you ride on an elephant's back and enjoy your life? Isn't Buri Ram the elephant province of Thailand?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

' We love Thailand '   so who is he talking about .. ?  thai's ?  so that's going to make the Chinese come ....?

“This campaign will promote new local products and attractions, especially those involving tourism communities,”  

I hope he means COVID19 room rates and virus free tours ....  lol

I think he's dreaming .... 

We Love Thailand” campaign in collaboration with the Tourism and Sports Ministry and the Tourism Authority of Thailand to stimulate domestic tourism

he's talking about domestic tourism, and he may not be dreaming; thais are very patriotic and may be sensitive to going abroad for their vacations, also they may have less disposable income and it's cheaper to holiday in thailand. sounds like a good way to get tourism started

I guess some tourism will start in Thailand, and the way the USA is still ignoring

social distancing, or those silly masks, gloves, or washing hands for 20 seconds.

I think the USA is doing herd immunity practise, while Asia did the smart way.

I hope Vietnam is still a cheap place to visit next year. 

Geezer

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Have they officially removed the TM30 reporting requirements yet? Or is it just not enforced until they decide to enforce it again?

That would be a good way to get foreigners travelling domestically again. 

good question.....perhaps ubonjoe could give us advice on this......

22 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Have they officially removed the TM30 reporting requirements yet? Or is it just not enforced until they decide to enforce it again?

That would be a good way to get foreigners travelling domestically again. 

good question perhaps ubonjoe could advise us on this???.......

I will love to be a domestic tourist in Thailand if:

I shall not have tm 30 problems,

I shall not be runned down of hords of uncivilized chinese tourists,

I shall not sit in a covid dangerous overcrowded flight,

I shall not go to many times 2 weeks quarantine,

I can get guarantie that I will not get covid from chinese tourists or untested thai tourist staff,

15 hours ago, sucit said:

In other words, more people will want to go to places like Italy or New York, because they have a very high % of people with antibodies and your chances of infection would be very low (hint, good time to stay away from other tourists in these cases). 

Since when is there definite proof that covid-19 antibodies give immunity from the spread or prevention of the virus.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

I have never had to do a second report on my TM 30 and I have even gone out of the country on travel.  I have a year long contract for my rental and as long as it is only a couple f days IMM Pathum Thani told me she did not care.  Same with travel around the country.

Yes that's exactly the problem. Your Immigration officer didn't care. Maybe mine would. I don't like being at the mercy of some egotistical immigration officer whose stupidity is only matched by their arrogance. I want to know the rule i.e. is it required or not.

If it is, I won't travel domestically (or more accurately, I will only travel to my second home where nobody reports me staying there, or to places where the owners know me and don't report me staying there).

22 hours ago, Zikomat said:

The so called Chinese tourism only pays off when they come in huge masses. Anything less than that and this becomes not profitable. Don’t see the Chinese coming in masses soon.

They will.  And when they travel it's always in the masses. But they never spend money on local Thai businesses so even if they come only the big companies and government makes out on it and not the regular thai person.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:37 PM, BobbyL said:

Never knew there was a Tourism Council of Thailand and a Tourism Authority of Thailand

And a Tourism Council Department of Tourism Council Authority, under the Department of Redundancy Department.

But anyway, from where did the virus originate again? They want those guys back. But those "dirty farangs" out having too much fun and forgetting their masks? They want them out.

• Like 1

4000 new cases confirmed today in India and south Asia on the up for the virus testing has proved that its on the up wait till they come back to thailand be like china all over again 10000 in moscow today also welcome them back too . Welcome them All back rich indians and chinese carriers no tests in thailand unless they show signs of the virus lets wait and see watch the news all on there because of no testing in these countries.

23 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Domestic travel: Come to Buriram and enjoy two weeks of mandatory camping in the searing heat of an abandoned racetrack.

Tell me about it , property values is Buriram , gone down the pan .

Same same , Udon Boring Thani ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aspenbkk said:

4000 new cases confirmed today in India and south Asia 

image.png.dc86898c25cf337f793448c3f99c214a.png

Looks like it's only the Thai hot climate that has magical virus killing qualities, India climate not same hot, sure, kraaap.

• Haha 2