Since the ban on Alcohol was lifted how do you feel

4MyEgo

1 hour ago, flinc2020 said:

Glad some of you have been able to get resupplied. Where I am we are still banned (a 50/50 or even 40/60 split between provinces lifting the ban and not I could understand but a 4/73 split is hard to fathom!). Of course, to rub salt in the wound my local Big C still has all their stocks of BW&S out on display and have even been considerate enough to put some in the chiller cabinet, for those who prefer not to be allowed a cold beer at the ned of the day. One thing that did annoy me about the lifting/not lifting of the ban was a headline in a newspaper which read: "Booae is back on the shelves in Thailand from Sunday, May 3rd to the relief of many thirsty foreigners." It was the last 2 words that annoyed me. There have been loads of videos across social media showing the mass panic and rugby scrum approach to buying booze in the shops here when the ban was lifted and I couldn't spot a farang in any of them! So why use a headline that gives the impression the ban was lifted purely to keep the foreigners quiet, not the 10,000,000 or so Thais who descended on the shelves like a piranha feeding frenzy?

To Everyone out there and just read it not at all surprised and the minority again totally trying and frankly don't care and see topic in Bangkok on the right hand side and the police are now warning that since this booze ban was lifted last Sunday there are reports of many people flouting the rules and drinking in large numbers.
But they are now warning that no one even if they come around CAN NOT BE OFFERED A BEER  and would not be a case with me but they are threatening to reactivate this booze ban everywhere.
As I stated and not at all surprised. Same everywhere as well the growing minority do not give a stuff about laws and to other people in general!!!

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Funny I have bought enough for 2 months now,  govt might change its mind again.. ????

Yeah I wasn't taking any chances, Ive enough now to keep me lubricated till end of June.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jackie66 said:

I feel exactly the same because i am not an alcoholic ????

I've had 10 beers here for months untouched.

Spent on other things and yes getting more and more expensive and smaller bottles too. Only have one at most anyway!!

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Yes, it is strange in some instances where things just don't add up, maybe it was a way to extort the big companies out of money as I heard they weren't going to lift the ban, then the big companies coughed up 5 million baht and 7 million baht to the government, e.g. 1.2 billion baht as charity to help the government out as the government asked the 20 of the richest, but no one came to the party, and maybe, just maybe the rich know something we don't, like where the money would go ????

yES AND AGREE 200 PER CENT WITH THE POST BEFORE YOU ANSWERED.

2 hours ago, SteveK said:

The Thais are only panic buying it to sell it to farangs at a markup.

I got offered a case of Chang on the last day for 1300 Baht I didn't buy it, I did have a feeling the ban would be lifted 

For all you do-gooders the tourist police force needs volunteers why don't you do something or let us professionals get on with life and quit all the blubbering about highway deaths, drunk drivers , bad relationships etc. They really could use some help.

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You couldn't have stocked up that much if you are as you say a social drinker? 6 months of beer/booze doesn't mean anything unless you say how much you bought. 6 months for some is a truck load. 

That last sentence was added to my post by someone else, you would have to go back to my original post to see that I am a social drinker.

I think the person added it to my post because he is a newbie and doesn't know how to highlight for the quote button to come on, a bit of a concern that someone can edit ones post though.