Sukhothai barber fully booked after govt lets its hair down on lockdown

webfact

Sukhothai barber fully booked after govt lets its hair down on lockdown

By THE NATION

800_994d3dfdc78990b.jpg?v=1588577922

With the government allowing barbers and beauty salons to open from May 3 after about a month of shutdown, one barber in Sukhothai voiced happiness at seeing he is fully booked until May 6 at least by customers who have spent weeks staying put at home.

“I am glad the government has finally let barber shops reopen and that I can work again to support my family,” beamed Suchart Boonmee, 45, owner of Chart Barber in Sukhothai’s Meuang district.

KHxKBPKVyv21QoSc_121349.jpg

“I have employed measures as suggested by the Public Health Ministry to ensure the safety of my customers, including cleaning my hair-cutting tools and seats after every customer has left, providing services to one customer at a time and placing hand-sanitiser dispensers at the entrance,” he added.

EjCovmvsV1IdLGg1_121439.jpg

“All customers must make an appointment in advance via telephone and no waiting is allowed inside my shop,” he said. “Most importantly, customers and staff must wear face masks at all time.”

NVzbjOBD1lL2CsIL_121602.jpg

Suchart has also provided additional chairs spaced one metre apart outside his shop in case customers queue up.

Suchart added that his shop can provide services to approximately 20 customers per day. Prices for a haircut start at Bt80 for adult customers.

As of Sunday, Sukhothai reported only three confirmed Covid-19 cases. All patients have recovered.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387250

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-04

I went to my hairdresser lady yesterday. She had a table set up outside her salon. She told me that she was not allowed to operate inside with the A/C on. Must be the usual different town different rules.

6 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I went to my hairdresser lady yesterday. She had a table set up outside her salon. She told me that she was not allowed to operate inside with the A/C on. Must be the usual different town different rules.

Different "rules" and ideas from salon to salon!

I went this morning. My barber has a visor and mask, wearing latex gloves and operating appointments. Chair for next customer outside shop in covered sheltered area. He was cleaning rigorously after each client and was cutting hair only, no shaving.

I was first customer and he was waiting for me when I arrived very early. I didn't want to me later after several more.

• Like 1