Best way to transfer 3MB to UK?

I've just sold some land. Looking at getting 3MB back to the UK or into an offshore account.

Does anyone have any good experiences they can share?

I just want to get the funds into the UK or an offshore account at the best rate possible.

Obtaining, an offshore account, is not as simple as it used to be. A lot more documentation, notorified is now required. 

If you still have a UK bank account,, active,, then easier. If not mega hoops to try and open one. 

1 hour ago, Dunky said:

Looking at getting 3MB back to the UK

Are you Thai well never mind.

You may have to send it in smaller sum amounts but use the Thai bank you put the money in to transfer to UK bank, dunno about  off shore bank stuff.. 

Check how much u can take out of Thai at any one time ..rules change recently 

I use a company called Xe ..excellent being used them for 5 years.. you can down load the app for your mobile ..

Finally transferring money into the UK could be a challenge ..would suggest limiting the amounts to <£10k ..maybe even first transfer £5k .. watch out for the tax man !!

With DeeMoney, the limit is at 800,000 THB per day and the transfer fee right now is at 125 THB.

As for banks, you may need to check the banks' branches in person to get the most reliable information from that bank's branch manager.

If you're interested in DeeMoney, you can sign-up here: https://www.deemoney.com/sign-up/

Only your passport will be required for registration. Our sales staff will contact you back to finalize the registration and request additional info. This is all verbal/text, no additional documents are required other than your passport.

Once transfer has been initiated (our staff will guide you through this process), your money should arrive within a few hours. (Our guaranteed delivery time is within the next working day)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DeeMoney said:

With DeeMoney, the limit is at 800,000 THB per day and the transfer fee right now is at 125 THB.

As for banks, you may need to check the banks' branches in person to get the most reliable information from that bank's branch manager.

If you're interested in DeeMoney, you can sign-up here: https://www.deemoney.com/sign-up/

Only your passport will be required for registration. Our sales staff will contact you back to finalize the registration and request additional info. This is all verbal/text, no additional documents are required other than your passport.

Once transfer has been initiated (our staff will guide you through this process), your money should arrive within a few hours. (Our guaranteed delivery time is within the next working day)

Is this a cash or electronic transfer? B125 up to 800k one transaction.

Are there any other fees involved on either end assuming my bank won't charge me fees?

How is the x rate determined?

Transfer to US or Singapore

Why work permit? Assume this information is transferred with the money.

Website looks pretty shonky.

Info Facebook and Line??? How about a PDF or just another webpage????

Edited by Number 6

On 5/4/2020 at 4:56 PM, Kildonan said:

Obtaining, an offshore account, is not as simple as it used to be. A lot more documentation, notorified is now required. 

If you still have a UK bank account,, active,, then easier. If not mega hoops to try and open one. 

Off topic and not entirely accurate. Recently opened an account with Citibank Singapore. Need proof of address, proof of identity (passport in my case) and you need to be able to show the funds are earned legitimately, as in show ownership of company, or, in the OP's case, land sale.

Edited by malathione
grammer

On 5/4/2020 at 3:51 PM, Dunky said:

've just sold some land. Looking at getting 3MB back to the UK or into an offshore account.

Does anyone have any good experiences they can share?

I just want to get the funds into the UK or an offshore account at the best rate possible

Dunky, 

You can open an account even with Bangkok Bank or Citibank and have a "dual" currency account.  Money denominated in either THB or Sterling.  The big item would be the conversion rate.  Despite the fact that I can transfer to Thailand any amount for as little as $25 USD, I get the least THB using a U.S. bank to convert into THB, I get more having it arrive in USD and using the banks TT rate.  You may wish to contact your local Thai bank get an exchange rate to Sterling and then call your UK bank and get an exchange rate.  I don't know if you could wire money to a service like Transferwise to your account and have them convert.  I know they won't transfer THB by debited a Thai bank to transfer back to the USA. 

I guess you have a Thai bank account and the money will end up there. When people are going back home after been staying in Thailand and have money in the bank, there's no problem to repatriate the money through your Thai bank. There's no need what so ever to transfer several small amounts using money transaction companies. Talk to your bank. That's my advise. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Max69xl said:

I guess you have a Thai bank account and the money will end up there. When people are going back home after been staying in Thailand and have money in the bank, there's no problem to repatriate the money through your Thai bank. There's no need what so ever to transfer several small amounts using money transaction companies. Talk to your bank. That's my advise. 

Proof of where the money originated from is often required.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, Number 6 said:

Is this a cash or electronic transfer? B125 up to 800k one transaction.

Are there any other fees involved on either end assuming my bank won't charge me fees?

How is the x rate determined?

Transfer to US or Singapore

Why work permit? Assume this information is transferred with the money.

Website looks pretty shonky.

Info Facebook and Line??? How about a PDF or just another webpage????

Electronic transfers using our app and Cash transactions at our branch at Soi 8 Sukhumvit is also possible. 

There is no other fee, 125 THB is the only fee. No fees for the recipient when money has been transferred either.

You can view our exchange rates on our website, it is updated daily.

Our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeeMoneyTH/
Line: @deemoney