When did you decide to divorce her?

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I decided to divorce my first wife when each and every day with her was not a good day any longer. 

When she stopped helping me to be a better version of myself.

When she stopped having my back. When I realized she never really understood the definition of compromise. 

When she became impossible to live with. Life is too short to stay in a marriage that is not working. 

The day my divorce was final was one of the greatest days of my life. Now, I am remarried. To an absolute gem of a woman. She is the most emotionally stable and consistent woman I have ever had the joy to be with. 

That's a perfect story as true as it is.

I was also married to an x from hell for 12.5 years, she suffered from the Greek Princess Syndrome, yes mum and dad spoilt the Sheeet out of her, however I am now married to someone of the same qualities as your wife if I may say.

I have no regrets, been VERY HAPPILY married to this girl since 2007 surpassing the 12.5 years with the x from hell, and I have forgiven myself for trying and putting up with the x from hell for so long, however if I didn't go through that process, as my Thai wife also had with her x partner, our worlds would have not collided.

I only wish more people could experience what you and I are, makes life so much more enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Some guys on this forum just cannot handle a positive reply, nor a rosy scenario, nor good news about life here in Thailand.

At one of the first schools I worked at, all the other farang teachers had nothing to do but moan and groan about the relationships they were stuck in, or rather, chose to do nothing about. They couldn't stand I had a good thing going.

• Thanks 1

Wife #1 (English) - when she chose to stay in the UK over opening a hotel on a beach in the Seychelles

Wife #2 (Thai) - when she tried to kill me

Wife #3 (Thai) - when she spent my hard-earned savings (which were intended to build extra rooms at our small hotel) on a new car instead.

Wife #4 - None yet, and very unlikely to be........

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

No. The first time around she was an American. A lot of American women are tough. Uncompromising. Major issues with femininity. A constant competition. No thanks. Do not need to repeat that. 

That's how you guys raised them. It boomeranged to you, no one else to blame except yourself. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Retarded said:

That's how you guys raised them. It boomeranged to you, no one else to blame except yourself. 

Yes.  Male weakness has created control and great wealth for current and former wives.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

When I found out she was cheating on me, not in Thailand but after we were already living in the US.  She found herself the golden goose millionaire who had come into the restaurant she worked in .  All I lost was 8 years of my life, no future money, all property went to our daughter.  

Married for about 10 years all up of which 8 years were lived in Sydney. Met and married in Sydney. She went to Sydney Uni, was my first wife, neither of us married before.

Really an accumulation of things:

*Her failed business venture in Australia added to the pressure, poured money into that

*Romance completely dead at the 5 year point and just treading water after that

*Refused to send money to her parents in Issan, became an issue over time

*Became bored with each other, wasn't interested in her hobbies and she wasn't interested in mine

I am sure there are other factors but she went back to Issan and we got divorced there with a clean 50% separation of assets both in Australia and Thailand. Didn't want to go through the Australian courts so we agreed on 50%. No kids made it easier. Amicable split.

Edited by PaulieAUS
Addition

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

No. The first time around she was an American. A lot of American women are tough. Uncompromising. Major issues with femininity. A constant competition. No thanks. Do not need to repeat that. 

A constant competition with what? Your femininity?

On 5/5/2020 at 12:07 AM, Captain Monday said:

I take into account the value of domestic services. Cooking Shopping and Cleaning. It has value.

Marriage is an economic partnership. I would not marry anyone who had less potential as me.

Minimum $200k USD per year. Othe wise better to  rent.

Nonsense, the only reason I got married was for the sake of my children. 

Renting a partner is something I would never think of.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Wife #1 (English) - when she chose to stay in the UK over opening a hotel on a beach in the Seychelles

Wife #2 (Thai) - when she tried to kill me

Wife #3 (Thai) - when she spent my hard-earned savings (which were intended to build extra rooms at our small hotel) on a new car instead.

Wife #4 - None yet, and very unlikely to be........

Yeah, you should have learned your lesson by now! 

I would never marry a second time if this one doesn't work out. Been good for 19 years. 

Just now, Neeranam said:

Yeah, you should have learned your lesson by now! 

I would never marry a second time if this one doesn't work out. Been good for 19 years. 

My first one was good for 30 years (as far as I knew).

Try losing your income and see how it goes then.

Edited by BritManToo

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Oh, we've been through hard times, which brought us closer together. Death of our first child, no money, etc. 

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

A constant competition with what? Your femininity?

How I wish. I embrace the feminine aspects of my nature, wholeheartedly. No, she was constantly competing with my masculinity. I have absolutely no interest in being with a woman who is more masculine than I am. What fun is that?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

yes the first one stiffed me ,but then i learnt my lesson ,mind you my wife now i trust 1 million %

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Retarded said:

True. So true. And it kind of devolved, into a very ugly reality. Most American woman are so fearful of their femininity. It is such an unattractive and unappealing quality. Combine that with the big bones, and the big bodies, and it is like something out of a horror movie.