Bangkok reopens with stylists in scrubs, plastic screens between diners

webfact

51 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yes, it could be the new normal, or people could adapt like they have done throughout evolution.

All I asked her to do was speak louder and clearer through her mask. Is that bitching and moaning? 

There will be some interesting encounters in the near future as we go to Immigration for our renewals. When I did my last 'in office' 90 day report, the officer on that desk habitually wears a mask and that was before Covid. I hardly understood a word he was saying. I just nodded my head.

Doing a renewal of marriage extension with monthly income is going to be quite a challenge!

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Thailand = new normal then?

Thailand should teach the rest of the world the new normal.

Covid-19 seems to be about twice as deadly as the typical flu everywhere else while it is killing 0.6% as many people here as die of the flu (typical flu kills around 2k people in Thailand per month and in last four months 54 have died from Covid-19 instead of 8k).

"Thailand in January was the first country outside China to report a case of the new coronavirus that since swept the globe, infecting 3.5 million and killing 460,000"

Is this some kind of futuristic prediction? So far all sources say the death toll is around 252,000 at present. That's taking poetic licence a bit far.

21 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Well, in the restaurant photo the guy is leaning over to the other side to get some food, so defeats the purpose of the screen. If two friends or a couple turn up together it makes no sense having a screen between them as they would have been in each others company before arriving at the restaurant. If it's two strangers sitting at one table, then I see the point of it.

I do think we are moving into a time of silly ideas and rules being implemented, mostly not thought out very well, but the intention is good.

none of this makes sense.  no use trying to make sense of it

• Like 2