VIDEO: Shocking moment patient falls from ambulance in Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Unfortunately, Sh*T happens and will always happen. People make mistakes and errors occur,. We have all been guilty.

But this wasn't a mistake. Speak for yourself

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, MrMo said:

There appears to have been just the patient and the driver in this ambulance.   Was there no attendant in the back with the patient ?   And it may not have been the driver's responsibility to shut and secure the door.

So whose responsibility was it to close the door... the patient? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

as dangerous and scary as it is .....   if you don't laugh at that video you've lost your sense of humor  !  haha

so funny .....    good that the driver ran around and stopped it quickly

Wonder if the patient had a soar head as he hit the van when it stopped suddenly.

2 hours ago, nodomino said:

Unless the plague wipes us all out, this will be an amusing story to tell the grandkids....

If you are referring to Covid wiping us out, I don,t know of one person down with it, and after nigh 40 years here I know a lot of people !

Never knew anyone come down with the dreaded Bird Flu either, and am beginning to highly question the veracity of the printed page ????

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

More likely just hired a lawyer to sue the poster

Fair use, public domain.  there are no grounds whatsoever to do that. They could, however, sue the media for publicizing it. Rule #1: You don't sue anyone who doesn't have the money to pay. 

40 minutes ago, Percy P said:

But this wasn't a mistake. Speak for yourself

Just as long as you yourself have never made a mistake, I will continue to speak for myself. So since you are

so da*ned sure it was not a mistake and you are so da*ned sure that it was done on purpose YOU must have

been right there when it all happened. Get over it perfect person that you are and know that the rest of us 

are imperfect human beings who try to do our best. 

Edited by Dap

2 hours ago, Dap said:

Unfortunately, Sh*T happens and will always happen. People make mistakes and errors occur,. We have all been guilty.

Yes,I’m sure 'sh*T happens' is a well accepted defense and surefire get out in negligence cases. Never fails...

This looks like a joke video from Benny Hill, Mr. Bean or Monty Python Show, unfortunately a true event in Thailand where there is not any kind of safety anywhere.

Who is in charge to lock the wheels on the bed?

Who is in charge of fasten the bed inside the van with a rope?

And last who is in charge to close the back door and make sure it's locked?

The answer is: nobody is in charge because nobody cares...mei pen rai.

• Like 2

... that crack on the nut; as his head hit the rear bumper/towbar? - I could feel it from here!

probably worse now than from the original condition...

lucky there was an ambo' near 

Edited by tifino

1 minute ago, Whackjob said:

And they are allowed to have submarines ???????????????? logic can't see it well for them... 

... guess that was the ambo blowing its ballast, to go faster

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

OMG!

This could had gone terrible wrong, had a vehicle tailgated this ambulance, as they often do.

The ambulance driver should be sacked.

After Channel 3 show this video, I assume he was called in to human resources and kicked out.

Sacking alone is too kind. The driver is representing the value of human life in Thailand. It's just totally incompetent and inexcusable that the door wasn't properly closed and that the patient is able to just slide out when it opened. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OnTheGround said:

OMG!

This could had gone terrible wrong, had a vehicle tailgated this ambulance, as they often do.

The ambulance driver should be sacked.

After Channel 3 show this video, I assume he was called in to human resources and kicked out.

No not kicked out but I'm sure the error of his ways were explained

You can see what the driver did wrong. He did it again.

He closed the back door very softly and didn't check that the door was closed properly before running around to the front.

Maybe its going to happen again with him!