Second phase of easing lockdown measures from May 17

webfact

23 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I just want to be allowed back into the country.. Not bothered about 14 day quarantine, just want to be home with the missus !! I'm over this now...

sorry  for u matey  agony  

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Haven't you ever heard.... absence makes the heart grow fonder???   :smile:

The equivalent Thai proverb, roughly translated, is, "Three days away, beloved finds a new lover."

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Hope they don't just deny people based on what passport they travel with, wouldn't surprise me though... 

Do you mean behave like a large country that proudly denied entrance to the Chinese back in February?

15 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

They'll deny people on the grounds of which countries they have visited recently and the Covid status of those countries. Its going to be a while before visitors from the UK and US will be allowed free passage. Can you blame them?

I can blame them if we have tests for measuring infection or antibodies.  As one of the millions of New Yorkers who has not contracted the virus, having spent the last two months in my apartment, missing my May-June trip, still desperately hoping to keep my late July/Aug flight to be with my GF, I sure hope they can be more discriminating than to rule out entire countries. 

4 hours ago, habuspasha said:

I can blame them if we have tests for measuring infection or antibodies.  As one of the millions of New Yorkers who has not contracted the virus, having spent the last two months in my apartment, missing my May-June trip, still desperately hoping to keep my late July/Aug flight to be with my GF, I sure hope they can be more discriminating than to rule out entire countries. 

Unfortunately for you, an antibody test would be of no use to you as its likely you don't have any. The obvious way forward is to have the vaccine and then be tested for antibodies. Can't see that being available any time soon.

I live in Pattaya and have a family. Just before the lockdown, I had an echo cardiogram in a local hospital. I sent the CD back to a doctor in the UK. He informed me that I have a serious heart condition which requires surgery. I didn't receive the news until after the lockdown. I wouldn't have the surgery done in Thailand both for cost reasons and not trusting Thai doctors.

I am desperate to return to the UK, have the surgery and return to my family in Thailand. Currently impossible. I'm looking at next year before I get my surgery done, if I survive.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

I'm thinking we'll be lucky if international return flights will occur this year

What about that fourth-quarter bounce-back in tourism? What about the Chinese?

17 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Unfortunately for you, an antibody test would be of no use to you as its likely you don't have any. The obvious way forward is to have the vaccine and then be tested for antibodies. Can't see that being available any time soon.

I live in Pattaya and have a family. Just before the lockdown, I had an echo cardiogram in a local hospital. I sent the CD back to a doctor in the UK. He informed me that I have a serious heart condition which requires surgery. I didn't receive the news until after the lockdown. I wouldn't have the surgery done in Thailand both for cost reasons and not trusting Thai doctors.

I am desperate to return to the UK, have the surgery and return to my family in Thailand. Currently impossible. I'm looking at next year before I get my surgery done, if I survive.

Keep your chin up man you'll survive, Im looking the other day about flights home the cheapest time was September with Etihad 

• Thanks 1

It appears the virus is right on schedule...it's awe inspiring that they'll draft the recommendations on the 14th for implementation on the 17th....The four P's are in effect.

<deleted> poor prior planning ..

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Keep your chin up man you'll survive, Im looking the other day about flights home the cheapest time was September with Etihad 

Yeap the MIL was in a meeting involving relevant parties the other day and they are looking at flights 3rd quarter without fail was the jist I got from her. Details of health measures are being drummed up now altho her take will be facemasks only with Temp tests and possibly Covid19 cheap health policy and no talk of mandatory 2 week quarantine or social distancing the airlines won't have it due to loss of revenue and not being able to afford to operate or pay the new loans with only 70% capacity.. 

39 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Sorry to hear of your situation, i'm sure many more have similar stories.

I do not agree however with not trusting Thai doctors, at some of the better hospitals they are very well trained from overseas. I do agree about the cost tho if no insurance and going private, that can easily rack up a large chunk of change.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Phil McCaverty said:

That's not good...

Why can't you fly back to U.K now ?? Better to be alive and wait to come back to Thailand...

Uk is open if you're a citizen and or a resident. Try EVA Air. They have a daily non stop to Heathrow. Theyre a 5 star airline based in Taipei Taiwan.

www.evaair.com

Edited by Greg O
Spelling error

On 5/7/2020 at 9:09 PM, EricTh said:

I don't think international flights will happen soon considering domestic travel is so restrictive.

Australia has done very well in this pandemic, along with NZ way better than most other countries, yesterday a potential guidance roadmap was revealed by the PM and it includes staggered relaxing of many items and within I think about 1 month many more domestic flights. 

The PM and state leaders were asked about international flights in and out of Australia. Instant change of attitude, mentioning that it will very probably be many months and maybe the end of this year before this might start to happen. And only involving other countries which have also made big positive progress with lowering the infection rate, ICU rate and death rate and keeping it low for some time, and re-opening has been successful and no second wave.

One state leader also mentioned that for his state he would continue to insist for some time on 2 weeks compulsory quarantine, in state controlled locations/buildings for all people flying in from abroad.

The exception right now is OZ citizens & permanent resident holders, and some diplomats and essential professionals. Programmed flights to get Australians home from abroad are continuing and will do so for several more months, all with 2 weeks compulsory controlled quarantine etc. 

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

That's not good...

Why can't you fly back to U.K now ?? Better to be alive and wait to come back to Thailand...

There is an additional problem in that UK hospitals have put elective surgery on the back burner. I'd probably have to sit in the UK for months waiting for an appointment.

It's the hidden side of this pandemic. People are dying because they are having treatment, for non Covid related conditions, delayed.

• Sad 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:26 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Haven't you ever heard.... absence makes the heart grow fonder???   :smile:

Social distancing rules apply to any "leg - over " activities. just be aware!

So i take it the second stage will alow people to gather and protests against the government opps sorry my miss understanding. That one is not in any of the stages of the the easing of the lockdown

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, cornishcarlos said:

That's the logical path.. Don't be surprised to hear reports of people being refused due to carrying a certain passport though. Remember, IOs here make up their own interpretation of rules..

I'm sorry you can't get back to be with your wife and family.
Another two-tier system:
Thai nationals allow to repatriate.
Foreign nationals with Thai families locked out indefinitely.

Thai authorities neither care for and support mixed foreign/Thai families.  Racism is the norm. 

• Thanks 1