Rescue volunteer criticised for his treatment of accident victim

snoop1130

7 hours ago, bangkokfrog said:

Perhaps he simply wanted to make sure that the man's wallet and jewelry were properly "dealt with" before the rescue guys arrived.

You are probably correct, when i had my accident every last baht, plus phone were stolen.

A policeman handed my wife my wallet, complete with cards driving license but not 1 baht.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff65 said:

And who's to blame ???. Common sense would tell you the government for not haven the proper ambulance system in place. Again they don't care about health and safety of their citizens.

True but what's often also in the picture is that someone in power is getting a cut and nobody would dare speak up / rock the boat.  

On 5/8/2020 at 12:51 AM, missoura said:

Awhile back at our place in the boonies of Phitsanulok province we had an ambulance show up. Why? To deliver some roofing supplies...

ambulance roof 2.JPG

They deliver the box of Leo Beer as well? Or was that part of the emergency service?

On 5/8/2020 at 11:05 AM, geoff65 said:

And who's to blame ???. Common sense would tell you the government for not haven the proper ambulance system in place. Again they don't care about health and safety of their citizens.

Even with proper ambulance systems in place, anyone on spot might be required to start first aid procedures such as CPR before the respective ambulance personnel arrives.

Edited by Mak25

On 5/7/2020 at 8:55 PM, samsensam said:

i dont know what training paramedics are given here, hopefully it's extensive. one main difference between paramedics in thailand and back home is how hyped up they seem. back home paramedics are cool calm and collected, calmly dealing with whatever situation they are facing. in thailand they often seem almost like adrenaline junkies whizzing around in their ambulances, pick ups or motorcycles.

Theyr'e paid  per  victim dead or  alive

6 hours ago, Genmai said:

These must be the wonderfully hard working volunteers that @Yinn was praising earlier.

No, I talk about the other 3,000 man and woman who help the people yesterday. 

Maybe you will need one day. 

When you die who will take your body? Your wife in your car? Or this volunteer?

If your house flood/fire? This guys will help you. 

Car accident, motorbike. They save you, your kids etc. Volunteer. 

What you do?