China, South Korea to be removed from Thai list of Covid hotspots

webfact

flip and Flop worked this out weeks ago, Flip said the Chinese would be allowed back in next month but they will only be allowed to go to Chiang Mai, why do you suppose they picked that place to send them?

6 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Sino Thai, the family business!

correct SINO Thai means  Chinese Thai 555

Sino-

/ˈsīnō/

combining form

• 1. Chinese; Chinese and …: "Sino-American"

22 minutes ago, johnarth said:

flip and Flop worked this out weeks ago, Flip said the Chinese would be allowed back in next month but they will only be allowed to go to Chiang Mai, why do you suppose they picked that place to send them?

Because they own half of the properties in Chiang Mai....did I win the prize for guessing the right answer?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

. As of May 4, around 230,000 people have been tested for Covid-19, a ratio of 3,421

It's a Rediculous low number of tests comparing to some EU countries (up to 500.000 a week)

It's quite obvious that you wouldn't find infected people if you not test them. 

Thailand is far away to be called "safe".????

• Like 1

The Big Picture?  Good Sino Relations is the key to prosperity.  Someone once said there are 3 kinds of lies:  Lies, Damm Lies and Statistics.  Based upon the numbers put out by the Chinese they have the one of the lowest Covid 19 infection rates and deaths(that is if one believe a nation of over 1 billion has only 80,000 infected and only over 4000 deaths) then a Chinese tourist poses little risk.  On the other hand S. Korea with slightly over 10k Infected and with under 300 deaths could be classified as low risk.  But the numbers out of the land of the morning calm are completely believable.  It helps since the government is transparent and they have free media.  

But if one is from the USA, Spain, Italy or the UK then this kind of tourist is a more of a risk than a Chinese person entering LOS.  I could see Thailand implementing different entry criteria depending upon where one is from or where the journey originates from?  In my case it will be difficult to re-enter LOS after I take my trip later this year.  I see the “Writing On the Wall” and my contingency plan is to convert my round trip into a one way journey.  I wish I did not have to take an overseas trip this year but I have business back home that requires my physical presence. 

I think this news is an indicator of the future?  Of I course I could be overthinking it and could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

The Big Picture?  Good Sino Relations is the key to prosperity.  Someone once said there are 3 kinds of lies:  Lies, Damm Lies and Statistics.  Based upon the numbers put out by the Chinese they have the one of the lowest Covid 19 infection rates and deaths(that is if one believe a nation of over 1 billion has only 80,000 infected and only over 4000 deaths) then a Chinese tourist poses little risk.  On the other hand S. Korea with slightly over 10k Infected and with under 300 deaths could be classified as low risk.  But the numbers out of the land of the morning calm are completely believable.  It helps since the government is transparent and they have free media.  

But if one is from the USA, Spain, Italy or the UK then this kind of tourist is a more of a risk than a Chinese person entering LOS.  I could see Thailand implementing different entry criteria depending upon where one is from or where the journey originates from?  In my case it will be difficult to re-enter LOS after I take my trip later this year.  I see the “Writing On the Wall” and my contingency plan is to convert my round trip into a one way journey.  I wish I did not have to take an overseas trip this year but I have business back home that requires my physical presence. 

I think this news is an indicator of the future?  Of I course I could be overthinking it and could be wrong. 

Sounds like someone in the government or maybe a writer I don’t know is just making unofficial statements because I’ve looked it up and no one else is reporting that in Thailand. 

Nick 

Sent from stolen US technology and made in China 

8 minutes ago, Pj2738 said:

Why would they want to go to Thailand if their count is lower? I think they would prefer to go somewhere they are less likely to get infected.

Probably WuHan then since apparently China is now declared “safe” by someone’s word of mouth ???? 

1 hour ago, johnarth said:

I don't think the majority of us who live in CM Thai and foreigners really want them here. They simply are not quality people and too many of them. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

I've seen how they live and observed their habits. The Chinese will never ever change; Rude, noisy, pushy etc etc. We'll have to put up with them. Fortunately, I moved from BKK to Isaan so not many Chinese tourists around here.

Then they dont have to encounter you either.

Which will be a plus......

• Sad 2

Get the last few baht out of China whilst you can, because it won’t exist in 3 yrs. The west will have their revenge and wipe the dirty bastards off the planet in a nuclear war. Sooner Donald presses that big red button the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are plenty of tourist attractions in China for the Chinese to enjoy, totally no need for them to take the risk to go anywhere outside China for the next 12 to 18 months.

Here are some examples:

SIchuan (4,000 tourist attractions):

And there's China's Hawaii, Hainan, 70 times the size of Phuket:

Too bad China is still closed for foreigners at the moment. I would love to visit it again now that it is the safest place from Covid-19 at the moment.

Edited by Selatan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DUNROAMIN said:

if Thailand doesn't let the Chinese back in for the tourist Barht, then the CCP will start to put the pressure on Thailand for outstanding debt, and if not paid will cut trade export and imports to Thailand. That's how the CCP works.

it's not the Covid 19 Corona Virus you should be worried about, it's the CCP virus that will take away your way of life as you know it and your basic rights of freedom over time. The CCP is a leech trying to take control of the world economy.

Don't be silly. China's priority is to revive its own local businesses. Barring its people from holidaying overseas at the moment is the best way to do it. 

The "First Movers COVID Group" includes Australia, Denmark, Norway, Greece, the Czech Republic, Israel and Singapore. These are the countries that are doing the best in the World in terms of defeating Covid.

Neither China or Sth Korea are in the group. 

Need any more proof that this is simply a push for Tourist money, regardless of the danger posed to the Thai people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fair Warning!!! If I see any Chinese tour buses anytime soon in Pattaya, I will be calling a good friend of mine who works in US State Department back home in WAshington, DC. And I will let him, and the rest of the world know just how corrupt, incompetent and money hungry the Thai Government really is!  #Americafirst2020  #Chinapurge2020

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

For all who doesn't know much about Thailand standing in the region China is the big boss around here and what it says and want goes, so Thailand with its super pride disdain and dislike in everything that goes with other foreigners, is a putty and a puppet in the hands of the communist giant...

Also the big boss in Australia. Own ports, Airports, roads, large cattle & sheep properties, Dairy industry, agricultural land, fisheries etc.  50 yrs ago they were 3rd world and the West poured billions in foreign aid into them.  Now they control the world economy 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, steevjee said:

The "First Movers COVID Group" includes Australia, Denmark, Norway, Greece, the Czech Republic, Israel and Singapore. These are the countries that are doing the best in the World in terms of defeating Covid.

Neither China or Sth Korea are in the group. 

Need any more proof that this is simply a push for Tourist money, regardless of the danger posed to the Thai people

and you know that S.Korea is not a part of China, and has been praised for their success in containing the virus, right? What is your source of "the best in the world in terms of defeating Covid".

https://interestingengineering.com/7-countries-keeping-covid-19-cases-in-check-so-far

https://www.thelocal.de/20200414/germany-ranked-second-safest-country-in-the-world-during-coronavirus-pandemic

Edited by Jumbo chilli