China, South Korea to be removed from Thai list of Covid hotspots

webfact

On 5/7/2020 at 10:21 PM, JensenZ said:

I think they're using the herd immunity strategy. I don't think Xi and his cohorts would mind too much if a few million died. Life is very cheap in China. They have more than enough people and it will cleanse the population of old people that they can't afford to support.

truth is that china is still strugling with the virus, there are many reported and unreported 

outbreaks, there are many youtube videos that show this.

another truth is that china - and thailand - simply can't afford to remain shut down

for long, more people will die from those lockdowns than from this virus, and

another truth is thailand has to choose now - china or farang.

if the chinese will come back here in millions - other nationalities who

don't believe of course the CCP numbers will not come to thailand.

On 5/8/2020 at 5:45 PM, ChouDoufu said:

personally, i try to avoid all chinese tourist sites like the...umm....plague.  they are overcrowded of course, and they are overpriced - often charging 300-400 rmb entry fees (about 1500-2000 baht), are they are just awful.  but no foreigner fee, there's that at least.

there's no real nature.  go to a mountain and there are few real trails, just a straight staircase to the top (and a cable car).  all the old stuff has been torn down, to rebuild new copies that look like the old stuff.  once you get inside, the staff are constantly trying to sell you more stuff, and to get out you must go through a huge sales complex with no direct exit, just an endless maze through the shop.

they've even built copies of sections of the great wall for the chinese to visit, cause the real thing doesn't look new.

You mean the terracotta warriors on display in Xian were all new? The Forbidden City was newly built? The Temple of Heaven also recently built? The Li River cruise in Guilin must be a very good Virtual Reality tour because the scenery looked so real.

• Like 1

It's rather funny to see so many farangs still having an imperialistic attitude. This is Thailand, not your country or your colony. Why should Thailand be the exclusive playground for you farangs?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Selatan said:

It's rather funny to see so many farangs still having an imperialistic attitude. This is Thailand, not your country or your colony. Why should Thailand be the exclusive playground for you farangs?

I think that primarily refers to mass tourism / group tourism.
Also Chinese expats in Thailand should not be really happy about it.

Edited by Berti

Thailand mean business.  Thai embassy visa section in China already opened on May 7, starting issue visas to Chinese.

They will come sooner that you think.  As soon as Thailand allows international flights from China.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2020 at 9:34 AM, sitti said:

????Looks like so many farangs are jealous of Asia's success of defeating covid19

Yes, Thailand has so much to be proud of, despite being euphemistically referred to (and having the reputation) as the "world largest brothel" or well the 7th largest brothel (nana) in the world.

https://www.alltop10list.com/top-10-largest-brothels-in-the-world/

Keep up the good work indeed.

I forgot to mention also that thailand is a country that allows wealthy to avoid prosecution for cop murder. WOW!

Edited by i84teen
  • Like 1