Can we go on a domestic holiday yet

4MyEgo

Our kids go back to school on 1 July if I am not mistaken and have to continue through without a break till 31 March 2021, that's 8 months straight, then break in April 2021 until May 2021.

The above said, we are in Isaan and I would like to take them on a trip down south to Ko Lanta for a week, add a couple of nights on the way in Hua Hin to break the 20 hour drive to Ko Lanta, and a night in Hua Hin before we return home.

It isn't their fault that they have had to be caged up in the house since school holidays started on 5 March, so would be very unfair if we can't take them away for 10 days before they start school again.

So my long winded question is, are we allowed to travel domestically by car yet or do we have to wait further, that said, if we have to wait further, I might hold them back from school.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We spend roughly 3 weeks here in Pattaya and 10 days or so down at our house in Trang province....we will be off down there early sunday....road checks expected but as my GF,s ID card was registered there we don,t anticipate any problems as were "going home" so to speak....however if your just traveling for leisure you may have a problem....Ko Lanta,s Hotels are closed until the end of the month as is all those in Krabi province....Hua Hin/Cha Am I think possibly the same closed until end of month,but not sure.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe non essential travel is still not allowed.. Plus some provinces are still imposing 14 day quarantine for people entering.. You have to drive through a lot of provinces to get there so you should find out up to date info from each before heading off !!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

we allowed to travel domestically by car yet

You are, but if the police or neighbours think you are having too much fun there's a chance of a 'middle of the night' raid and arrest. Especially if they find booze in the fridge.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait and see in June as this is only May. Next release phase 2 is May 17 and that should give you a window to look through seeing the next phase 3. As same as you, me too as I would like to take the kids and family out if can do but I am not jumping through bureaucratic moronic hoops. Especially anything Anutin puts into place. First I had Japan planned then said no. Then I had Indonesia planned and then said no. Then I had domestic travel to Phuket and then some islands ending in Samui with flight to BKK with family visit and back to CM, and then the whole world caved in here. So just wait and see how it unfolds. If you were Chinese it might be a bit easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Burgerburner said:

Who would want to? I'm in lock down in east Pattaya have been for along time 

I'm in lockdown in East Pattaya too, which is why I'd like to get away for a decent break before schools return.