"Toward a new post-pandemic world order"?

It did not really surprise me, but nevertheless shock me when I read it black on white in my press review this morning: "Toward a new post-pandemic world order" from CHINA DAILY.

The hegemonic preponderance of powers should be replaced by cooperation among major powers. The win-lose strategic game against potential enemies should give way to win-win multilateral socio-economic cooperation, particularly among countries in the same region.

History tells us that following the 1918 influenza pandemic, the world order began tilting from Britain toward the US.

And the fact that an Asian Development Bank report, issued on April 3, says the Asian region – comprising 34 countries and regions – will witness a V-shape recovery in national income, led by China where GDP growth will increase from 2.3 percent in 2020 to 7.3 percent in 2021 shows which way the world order could move.

In fact, the “new normal” could be China, preferably in cooperation with Japan, the Republic of Korea and Asean member states, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia in particular, helping build a new Asia-wide cooperation network of cities, regions and enterprises. As such, the post-pandemic world could see the emergence of a new world order. 

So after the change of world order following the 1918 influenza pandemic, from Britain toward the US, now, after the Covid 19 pandemic, the change of world order from the US to China?

Source: https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50721103/toward-a-new-post-pandemic-world-order/

Successful execution of an "Art of war" strategy?

Edited by yuyiinthesky

A lot of the alt media that decries the US Oligarchy and its dirty tricks believe China is an honest broker only driven to help the rest of the world. I would like to believe that but harbor doubts. The silk road is described by China as a trade network to help all countries. To me it seems like a trade capture network purely to promote the trade of Chinese goods and securing low cost raw materials. They are building infrastructure in 3rd countries to benefit themselves and handing those poorer countries the bill. As such little better than IMF and World Bank in screwing countries into unpayable debt and servitude.

To quote The Who: "meet the boss, same as the old boss."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

History tells us that following the 1918 influenza pandemic, the world order began tilting from Britain toward the US.

The implication that the pandemic caused the shift to the US is ludicrous. Britain lost it's best and brightest, it's great hope for the future with the insane policy of sending them to the trenches to lead the troops in futile attacks on an enemy with machine guns.

Even so, the end came with another war that economically destroyed Britain. Till Pearl Harbour was attacked, the US was isolationist.

Unfortunately, the west is too corrupt, soft and rotten to defeat a stronger and ruthless power. IMO it isn't if China becomes the next world power, but when.

China doesn't give credence to multiple genders and other suchlike stupidities that obsess the west. They are building a mighty war machine, and it isn't to protect themselves from Taiwan.

The ultimate irony is that they are building it with money the west gives them.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1