Covid-19 centres to be set up in all provinces

webfact

Covid-19 centres to be set up in all provinces

By THE NATION

800_823a8a5c8cdf4a7.jpg?v=1588916283

Chatchai Promlert

Interior Ministry permanent secretary Chatchai Promlert ordered all provincial governors on Thursday (May 7) to set up Covid-19 operations centres.

According to the order, the centre will cover different levels of administration, including the provinces, districts, subdistricts, and municipalities.

The administrative chiefs, such as governors and chiefs of district or sub-chiefs, will be assigned as chiefs of each level of the centres. Other officials of each administrative body will be assigned to participate in the centres as well.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387507

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-08

5 minutes ago, keith101 said:

Better late than never i suppose , but why now when they are saying its all good now ?

I suspect when they turn the tap back on for tourists to return, they'll want to keep a very close eye. I believe this is the first time I've ever seen an ounce of prevention in this country.

• Like 2

This makes me think they know something they're not telling us. If everything is under control as they continue to tell us with extraordinarily low numbers of infections and deaths one has to wonder why. Of course I may be wrong by thinking covid-19 centres are about testing, indentifying, isolating and tracing rather than setting up committies and then give the fat cats big bonuses for 'being on the frontline'. Mmm! Having re-read the article it's definitely the latter.

• Like 1

I work at a large school with people who have connections all over Thailand, and not one of us has any personal contact with anyone who got it, or knows someone who knows someone who got it. I'm starting to think the lockdown they did had the right affect.

52 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

This makes me think they know something they're not telling us. If everything is under control as they continue to tell us with extraordinarily low numbers of infections and deaths one has to wonder why. Of course I may be wrong by thinking covid-19 centres are about testing, indentifying, isolating and tracing rather than setting up committies and then give the fat cats big bonuses for 'being on the frontline'. Mmm! Having re-read the article it's definitely the latter.

They will, I think, be a jolly useful tool. Let's face it, if you feel the need to control the population, which this regime clearly does, then having a network of regional offices, unaccountable, with seemingly unlimited powers to dictate how life is lived and to impose sanctions at will, even as a form of collective punishment; all set up without any judicial or parliamentary oversight has clear advantages - George Orwell and Aldous Huxley would wish that they had thought of it when writing their novels.

Doing it at a local level is jolly clever too - it will allow for much better targeting of particular areas, very useful given the territorial aspect of the Thai political scene. Sanctions which may be need to be applied in, for example Issaan and the North may be less desirable, counterproductive even in provinces south of Bangkok!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAG said:

They will, I think, be a jolly useful tool. Let's face it, if you feel the need to control the population, which this regime clearly does, then having a network of regional offices, unaccountable, with seemingly unlimited powers to dictate how life is lived and to impose sanctions at will, even as a form of collective punishment; all set up without any judicial or parliamentary oversight has clear advantages - George Orwell and Aldous Huxley would wish that they had thought of it when writing their novels.

Doing it at a local level is jolly clever too - it will allow for much better targeting of particular areas, very useful given the territorial aspect of the Thai political scene. Sanctions which may be need to be applied in, for example Issaan and the North may be less desirable, counterproductive even in provinces south of Bangkok!

They could wear yellow shirts with light blue scarves.  People who don't do as requested could be accused of being unpatriotic and ostracized.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I could imagine the main man in Thailand likes the situation having access to almost unlimited funds. Where did all the money go???? Try to keep it like this as long as possible.  

8 hours ago, johng said:

Because of the next wave ?  then WuFlu 20,21,22  after the millions of Chinese are let back in.

Are you able to see how silly your post is when it is related to covid 19 deaths in Thailand compared to say USA.

7 hours ago, J Town said:

I'm starting to think the lockdown they did had the right affect.

Be a few million that would disagree with you, every day that they continue with this a lot more will be joining them!

How many cases have there been? :wink:

11 hours ago, J Town said:

I work at a large school with people who have connections all over Thailand, and not one of us has any personal contact with anyone who got it, or knows someone who knows someone who got it. I'm starting to think the lockdown they did had the right affect.

It did. Millions are hurting.

13 hours ago, J Town said:

What lockdown! a 10pm to 4 am curfew????

5 minutes ago, bodga said:

What lockdown! a 10pm to 4 am curfew????

Did you try entering Pattaya any time over the last month? I found one way you could bypass the police lockdown, and only by push bike that you had to lift over the barrier. Other than that, you had to have your temperature taken and id checked (I wonder if they nailed any over stayers?). Sure, there will always be a minuscule number that slip through the cracks, but by and large it was a successful policy.

• Like 1

This guy is a complete moron who doesn't have a clue what is going on. My wife returned to Thailand from Australia 11 weeks ago, and a couple of weeks after returning she felt off one day and convinced herself she had contracted the virus, so she went to Korat's Suranaree University Hospital and they had a Covid-19 section set up then, over 2 months ago. Anyway, she was tested and sent home as nothing was wrong with her.