What type filter

Kwasaki

Any plumbers here I just want a suitable water filter to have in line to a small 1000 litre concrete tank where the kids like to sit this hot weather so I circulate the water instead of draining it away each couple of days. 

You probably want to treat it as a pool, get a floating chlorine dispenser (or an old sock on a string) and some chlorine tablets from a pool supplier.

A simple sediment filter and a small pump would trap any lumps, but don't run the pump with anyone in the pool for safety's sake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

You probably want to treat it as a pool, get a floating chlorine dispenser (or an old sock on a string) and some chlorine tablets from a pool supplier.

A simple sediment filter and a small pump would trap any lumps, but don't run the pump with anyone in the pool for safety's sake.

The pump to the rings is earth and protected as my house showers not just the kids like it I do too ???? as I've set it up as a decuzzy and I'm still alive. ????

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

The pump to the rings is earth and protected as my house showers not just the kids like it I do too ???? as I've set it up as a decuzzy and I'm still alive. ????

Unless it's a specially designed pool pump I still wouldn't run it with people in the pool, but that's your decision.

Get that chlorine sock in there and you're good to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Unless it's a specially designed pool pump I still wouldn't run it with people in the pool, but that's your decision.

Get that chlorine sock in there and you're good to go.

OK I respectfully heed your words cyber buddy.

Just need too know whats is not same as in shower like say as I have done as in a bath. 

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

OK I respectfully heed your words cyber buddy.

Just need too know whats is not same as in shower like say as I have done as in a bath. 

Pool and Jacuzzi pumps are designed to be operated in damp environments around people (plastic bodies, water tight cable glands etc.), your standard domestic water pump isn't. They also tend to be much closer physically to the damp bodies than your house water pump. Even our plastic bodied pool pump has a notice not to operate with people in the pool.

In reality, with a good solid local ground and earth leakage protection along with a decent length of PVC piping between the bathers and the pump the danger is minimal, but it's still there.

Second only to water heaters, water pumps seem to be a favourite way for farangs to zap themselves.

Care and common sense goes a long way, be safe.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Care and common sense goes a long way, be safe.

Thankyou well heeded the Jacuzzi is cancelled and will just get the chlorine sock a simple filter as suggested and circulate when required empty of people.

48 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Sit in the daytime circulate at night. You could put the thing on a timer based on the number of water changes?

That's a good idea but rather not rely on a timer I will do it manually and then unplug from house supply so I know the water totally safe.

Will vacate the water in a lighting storm. ????