Trapped in Thailand, and Loving It? Glad You Disregarded Government Warnings to Return Home Immediately? Do you now feel stranded like Robinson Crusoe?

12 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I was first here in 1974... so, no feeling of being trapped, FT for 20 years now... but my few visits back to USA, I worried abt somehow getting trapped there and not being able to return here... 

nice that you can enjoy yourself here... the positive side to the old saying - "Wherever you go, there you are.." 

Enjoy.

Speaking of the wizard of OZ....

Yes, wherever you go, there you are.

• Like 1

I was more afraid of being trapped in my home country, so I decided to stay, but if I still had work home, I would have left Thailand in time. Lucky all my projects was cancelled long time before the borders closed. 

Two factors to be happy where you are in Thailand. Money, and no responsibillity back home. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Your name suits you well. Former Gov. Mario Cuomo died  January 1, 2015.

You make a blanket claim, and I can assure you that the deceased former governor is still held in high regard. His  son, Governor Andrew Governor is one of the most respected  state governors now and is seen as a future president of the USA. He is an honest, decent, caring and responsible man. I try to watch his press conferences. Where Trump is all about himself and  politicizes things, Cuomo has been  apolitical, and  self sacrificing  ensuring that others receive the credit.  Cuomo is a great leader and restores one's faith in the morally bankrupt USA.

He does come across as a smart politician, with some pretty good pr skills, and the media mob behind him.  But, if you think Cuomo did a good job during the crisis, what can you say about Desantis from FL...who comes from the other side, and an even larger state, with many more senior citizens...One is a success story, the other is a catastrophe of biblical proportions.  But, if you only want to compare him to Deblasio, then yes, he is presidential material.

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

I have no family, or property or any reason whatsoever to return to oz. My home is where i am at any given time. It is what it is and i am happy.

We have been locked down in malaysia for 8 weeks. Would i do it again or return to oz where u could leave your home at least. No, i wouldnt go.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Is your name an admission of reality?

Mario Cuomo is no longer with us. It was in all the papers.

Maybe he means the crooner perry como. Though he is also expired.

• Haha 1

Thailand is the perfect place to be stuck. w

We are very lucky in comparison to what we hear from friends in the US and Europe.

Life is almost normal here unless you are an addict to bars, go-go's and beaches and alcohol (until recently, but now for sale in shops)

You can go shopping as usual. Restaurants open (no alcohol yet). Move around freely (except 10pm to 4am).

Hairdressers, laundry places, bakeries and many other services available if you know how to find them (locals are always willing to guide you in the right direction)

Delicious food and street food available as usual and people friendly as (almost) always, what more do you need?

Girls (if you are in to that) are plentiful (if you know where to look for) and ever so willing.

conclusion: sabai sabai

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, moontang said:

Yet, you managed to get your 1200 usd, and the stock market regained half its losses in one month.  But, yes, the future looks bright at Thai Airways.

Free money? Not really considering all the abuses Americans have suffered. 

I don't understand your real intent, though.