29 Thais arrested in an attempt to cross the border from Malaysia illegally

rooster59

29 Thais arrested in an attempt to cross the border from Malaysia illegally

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4sKo7iFeg5xAuXWZ0iofeLSAN0AIEntWFt9XaC.jpg

Twenty-nine Thai nationals were arrested for illegal entry today, as they attempted to sneak over the border from Malaysia into Sabayoi district of Thailand’s Songkhla province.

The group of 18 men and 11 women rode through forests on 15 motorcycles to avoid immigration checks. They were intercepted by a Thai border patrol police on a routine patrol.

They were identified as residents of Tambons Ban Na and Sakom of Jana district. Most of them had been working in Thai restaurants in Malaysia, but were returning to Thailand after the businesses were closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/29-thais-arrested-in-an-attempt-to-cross-the-border-from-malaysia-illegally/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-05-10

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

A post using language in violation of the following forum rules has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

17 minutes ago, metisdead said:

A post using language in violation of the following forum rules has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Noted.

Those naughty Thai people dont seem to understand their actions could hurt Thailands recovery in a very bad way regarding possibly more infections . Naughty very naughty in my opinion..

• Haha 1

Meanwhile in the other newspaper there is a report of 3 foreigners being arrested for swimming on a closed beach behind a hotel in Pattaya. They face up to 1 year imprisonment and/or a 100K baht fine.

What punishment do these people face? The article says nothing about that.

• Like 2

They should be letting them in really, even if they have to quarantine them.

This government doesn't seem to be getting up and doing much at all.

I notice they've announced the issue of a bond, like today. So they sat on their asses and did almost nothing until now.

What will they spend the bond money on? Surveillance systems, more submarines, who knows....

• Like 1

If they crossed the Thai border legally by passing through an immigration check point, they likely would have to quarantine for 14 days. That might not be a reasonable option from their viewpoint; hence the "illegal" crossing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petedk said:

Meanwhile in the other newspaper there is a report of 3 foreigners being arrested for swimming on a closed beach behind a hotel in Pattaya. They face up to 1 year imprisonment and/or a 100K baht fine.

What punishment do these people face? The article says nothing about that.

When comparing the severity of their wrongdoings and in particular the possible impact on common health I am afraid they will all be in death row soon. Or may be is there some kind of double standards?

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thai's do not break the laws, they just choose to ignore the ones they feel do not pertain to them. Just as the Hi-So folks think they are also above the law, so do the Lo-So Thai's and they pick and choose what they will obey, they always try to take the easy way out.  Anything too hard is pushed away as they do not want to try.  Has anyone here on TV done something for a Thai person in order to assist them when the Thai person needed to accomplish something that they would say "Can not do"....

Yep, i helped prize my stepdaughters phone from her hand that she was unable to do on her own, also i showed  her how easy it is to close the gate after she comes  in, oh yes and i also showed her how to return my change to me after she comes back from the shop.

20 hours ago, Sharp said:

Noted.

Those naughty Thai people dont seem to understand their actions could hurt Thailands recovery in a very bad way regarding possibly more infections . Naughty very naughty in my opinion..

Not to mention tarnishing the "image" of Thailand.