Public opinion sought on relaxation of lockdown measures and curfew

webfact

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Works quite well with translate on Chrome. No identifying data is collected.

Public opinion questionnaire Towards easing measures on the question of public opinion Against the government's lockdown easing measures
The survey period has ended.

During the 1918 flu pandamic the city of Denver Colorado was under a lock down rule which was being sucessful in bringing down the number of cases. The mayor of the city started recieving alot of pressure to reopen for business, which he did. Needless to say the case numbersa sky rocketed doubling the case load of the city. I not think I would be listening to the scare mongers who want a early opening.

• Like 1

...How about expats opinions ? We actually pay our way and generously provide for many Thai people during this crisis and ask only for some respect and consideration in return. A large percentage of Thais due to their illiteracy wouldn't be able to follow an opinion survey let alone answer it. Just lip service, sounds like they don't have a plan yet but we're originally scheduled to begin further relaxation of shutdowns on May 17th. 

Maybe I was dreaming ....

• Haha 1

Since when has public opinion counted in Thailand ? Authorities make the law up as they go along,. Curfew certainly needs lifting 10pm is ridiculous ~ restaurant’s now started opening but cannot serve alcohol with food ! Bangkok have screens in the middle of tables ( common sense needs to be applied ) barber shops closing every couple of hours - cleaning with sanitizer before allowing customers back inside “ several look as though there handling toxic waste ???????? I’m all for changes and it would be nice to take the family out and start enjoying life again,. 

51 minutes ago, Choochai said:

Trolling or just stupid?

Well, I have just been going through a few Thai forums and Facebook pages where this question was asked, and it would appear that the majority of Thai's share the same view as i do. One of their main concerns is that they do not want their country to become like western countries where the virus has spread and killed thousands of people. 
Pretty sensible if you ask me. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2

Reckon important to get Thais back earning, so open all shops. Also, open beaches, lots of Thais selling on Beaches, would much rather be on a windy beach than in a cramped Thai market. Massage shops would put hundreds back earning.

Today, in parts of Spain, who still have a few hundred dying daily, Bars restaurants opening with restrictions. Should allow restaurants serve alcohol.

Also, from a selfish point of view, open gentleman clubs, provided they can control numbers.

6 hours ago, mr mr said:

i know of a few places that are closed that if opened would provide much needed relaxation.

Today in a dutch newspaper a whole article about the people working on Nana/Soi4, they have no food and treated words, they bring the corona to Isarn.

2 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

I would like to be treated like an adult and be allowed to have a glass of wine or a beer with my meal in a restaurant.Whats this the problem. I just don't see it. It's not a bar I am in a restaurant observing social distancing sitting two meters apart. But no I have to drink water or some <deleted> sugar drink that should be banned

smoke some legal cannabis in 2020! I too, would happily keep complying with social distancing  

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

Public opinion sought????? Why those in control here will never take any notice, so why even suggest it?

I would suggest a 'suck it and see approach' - has always worked for me :<)

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Public opinion sought on relaxation of lockdown measures and curfew

Administration (CCSA) has released a questionnaire via Google

People can answer the questionnaire until the week

Are they going to Inform the People Where they can Find/Answer the questionnaire. and Until when the people Can answer the questionnaire (Until the week doesn't compute )

1 hour ago, moe666 said:

During the 1918 flu pandamic the city of Denver Colorado was under a lock down rule which was being sucessful in bringing down the number of cases. The mayor of the city started recieving alot of pressure to reopen for business, which he did. Needless to say the case numbersa sky rocketed doubling the case load of the city. I not think I would be listening to the scare mongers who want a early opening.

Im not sure you grasp the concept of a scare monger

• Like 1

6 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post using ALL CAPS has been removed.  Please turn off your Caps Lock when posting as there is no need to shout. 

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

Forum Netiquette

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes, colors or use unusually large emoticons. It can be difficult to read.

• Thanks 1

Since they are asking for opinions, here's one: The testing capability is nowhere near where it needs to be for a working test & trace network. Lockdowns should not be opened before this network is in place. 

Which was the point of the lockdowns in the first place but thank's to usurpers not wanting to bankroll the testing, the economic crash caused was for near nothing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hackjam said:

Reckon important to get Thais back earning, so open all shops. Also, open beaches, lots of Thais selling on Beaches, would much rather be on a windy beach than in a cramped Thai market. Massage shops would put hundreds back earning.

Today, in parts of Spain, who still have a few hundred dying daily, Bars restaurants opening with restrictions. Should allow restaurants serve alcohol.

Also, from a selfish point of view, open gentleman clubs, provided they can control numbers.

Agreed, opening bars is fine as long as rules are enforced. A bar owner should be told not to exceed a certain number of customers depending on the size of the establishment. They should also be told if they do not enforce the rules they are subject to a fine. Any customers not adhering should be booted out as they are affecting everyone elses chances of normality. The staff/owners would police it properly if they were to face a fine, if not, it would be their own fault

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

When government doesn't have a clue, they ask people with even less of a clue..

Sounds like a referendum and we all know how they end ????????

Sounds like your an anti brexit remainer.

In othet words a fan od dictatorship and hand power from the people over to un elelected officals

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AsianAtHeart said:

It seems they already promised to loosen restrictions when there were fewer than 10 new infections per day.  The infection rate has been below that for awhile already: if they don't make good on their promise, they may lose a significant share of the public trust.  If it were up to me, they should only make recommendations and let people decide for themselves how careful they need to be.  But since they have assumed authority to govern people's personal lives, to be capricious about it will certainly not end well for anyone--the public or themselves.

They promised to review restrictions every two weeks which they have. Next change hopefully May 17th.

• Like 1