Busted: Police on Koh Samui raid "farang owned" beachside bar - 22 Thai and foreign patrons arrested

webfact

1 minute ago, Phil McCaverty said:

More like this:                                                               Here's the one Transan was coveting I think.

image.jpeg.a5470cc6592036deb166b53c2667154d.jpeg                                         image.jpeg.4304321e533f593cbf87445fdd7acdfb.jpeg

you can't call them soap box can you? The one I send you I build myself when I was very young.

1 hour ago, Susco said:

You been living under a rock for the past month?

Spain has had that rule for 2 months I believe. Only allowed outside to go to the supermarket ALONE, not even with your wife, and only 1 person at the time in the shop. They have last week eased the rules, but extended state of emergency because new cases increased again after easing of the rules.

In Belgium you were not allowed to visit other homes, they are now considering easing it, in so far that you can visit but not more than 4 people allowed in the house

A UK friend message me this 2 weeks ago.

covid 19 is pissing me off, getting pulled in by cops for driving car out 2k from my home.

These are the rules starting 18th this month in the UK

image.png.1b4615099523ff890239d02248f1e1fd.png

Phase one starts this Wednesday, not on the 18th.

Here are the clear as mud rules...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

51 minutes ago, peleid said:

I often think foreigners leave there brains at the airport of their respective country

Couldn't agree more. Pretty remarkable how many guys arrive in Thailand and embark on a life paying hookers for sex and openly discussing it with no shame... No regard for their own moral code, or the damage from sex trafficking or how scummy they appear to normal people. Something they would never, ever do back in their home countries. So, it is hardly surprising when people ignore the rules and go for a <deleted> up at a beach bar. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone notice how the details, name and address, + the name of the foreigner owner, is openly displayed?

Would I be right in assuming that if this were a Thai establishment, those details would be omitted?

Because the Thai owners might sue for defamation?

Not that I have any problems with the 'bust' - I'm for social distancing, so they are in the wrong.

It's the inequality that is so obvious....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Alcohol can only be sold in take away form, consumed in the home and with less than 5 people present - social distancing must be observed there too. 
Sitting down in any cafe, restaurant, or bar and drinking in-house is forbidden under the orders surround congregating under Covid 19 safety health restrictions.

how are the police enforcing social distancing in peoples home? ????

2 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

another "motorbike helmet logic" farang! lol.

1. Its not your country so you are expected to behave yourself and abide the law ESPECIALLY during a global crisis. Otherwise, leave.

2. Your income is probably much more than the income of many Thais.

3. A small fine plus a reprimand by a police will work for a Thai. You and most farang however, wont be impressed by a police reprimanding you (you robably would ridicule him on Thaivisa) and a small fine. ONLY a stiff punishment will make you listen and obey.

I personally think that the country has slid downhill and landed in a big pile of the smelly stuff. The laws are unfair, police and everyone corrupt, people unfriendly, bad roads, bad hygiene, bad affordable health, xenophobia, farang hatred,,, and on and on,,,. However you are correct, we all know what to expect from such a place so if you don't like it leave (which I did), for others who are in denial or stupid enough to stay well it's all yours..????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

This whole situation is a joke. In my Province all the major outlets are closed for general shopping, eg, Home Pro, Global House, Thai Watsudo and Home 1, all only except orders taken outside the premises. Yet Saturday and Sunday Makro is jammed packed with customers and Bic C similar. Biggest load of BS I have ever seen.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Pretty remarkable how many guys arrive in Thailand and embark on a life paying hookers for sex and openly discussing it with no shame... 

I have a friend and thats all he's done for the last 10 years routing hookers and drinking beer for 2 weeks at a time

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I personally think that the country has slid downhill and landed in a big pile of the smelly stuff. The laws are unfair, police and everyone corrupt, people unfriendly, bad roads, bad hygiene, bad affordable health, xenophobia, farang hatred,,, and on and on,,,. However you are correct, we all know what to expect from such a place so if you don't like it leave (which I did), for others who are in denial or stupid enough to stay well it's all yours..????

Thank you for your contribution to the welfare of others. You might consider that not everyone is physically, financially or having family ties is able to leave. Nothing to do with the same old 'not liking it' mantra, being in denial, or stupid. 

I sometimes wonder why negative posters like yourself ever came here in the first place.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I have a friend and thats all he's done for the last 10 years routing hookers and drinking beer for 2 weeks at a time

Probably a waste of time trying to talk some sense into your friend, unfortunately the country is full of people like that who seem to have lost their way and abandoned their moral fibre, it's very sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

All this if not handled well could result in a second wave.....all down to an island mentality of smugness.

oh no, and then the 3rd wave, and then the 4th, so enjoy the lockdown, its is only to protect you, better stay locked at home forever!

11 minutes ago, phutoie2 said:

Oh stop it, I'm still recoiling from "ripped jeans are fashionable" 

erm, they are fashionable. You many not like them, you may think they are stupid like many fashionable items before them but just because you have become and old duffer doesn't mean the world has stopped turning fella.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

well that's good to hear ... I just hope Cambodia have done enough to prevent a severe outbreak of the COVID-19 virus .....   just remembering that some countries like Italy are very slack in enforcement of protective guideline and assurances so others don't catch the virus 

Almost 4 weeks now with not a single new case and zero deaths, yes, it seems as if Cambodia was doing the right things, such as no lockdown, no curfew, no beach ban, no alcohol ban, and so on.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath reported that a raiding party made up of Bo Phut police, immigration and local officials went to a foreign owned beachside bar and restaurant that was serving alcohol and allowing sit down customers on Sunday evening

Concentrating on those vicious crimes, forget the rape, burglary, murders or assaults,  Get those people for serving food.

7 minutes ago, Krisanadi said:

i am suprised how 'farangs' are ignorant.  there is no such a thing as covid virus. only mornons or people who gain their knowlege of reality from watching TV are brainwashed enough to believe that nonsense.  wake up people.  you have been given your brain for a reason...

Really! Well I believe only complete idiots would believe the David Ickes of this world. Believing that all the worlds governments and all the worlds medical professionals are collaborating in some "super conspiracy", utterly moronic. The fact that this would be impossible doesn't seem to enter your mind right? Also what is the end game if it were to be a conspiracy? You have been given your brain for a reason too, try engaging it and thinking it all through.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

My daughter is working in ICU in the UK. Her life is in danger every time she goes to work. The more patients on the ward, the bigger the danger.

The biggest threat to her life are the moronic idiots who insist that Covid-19 is nothing more than flu and act in a completely selfish manner by ignoring the regulatons, spreading the virus and prolonging the lockdown.

puhhh..an emotional argument..with an emotional argument for regulations.. in other words one must follow your logic or one is a potential killer! what if u are wrong? and corona turns out way less dangerous as U may believe? then one will say.. better safe than sorry right?? look i hope ur daughter is and will be fine.. and as she decides to go to this dangerous work of hers..its other peoples right to decide to risk a party.. and if u are wrong in assessing corona and its dangers?..hmm u indirectly advocate for cutting of human rights..just to be safe...

anyway i am blabbering.. my point is i that i see more dangers in cutting freedoms than any corona.. just my thoughts

4 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I will try and explain it to you. The government do have less cases to contend with then other countries so I believe they should start to relax the restrictions now whilst still ensuring some precautions. However the reason why they are doing it is not to tackle the current situation, it is to try and avoid and big outbreak that is not a joke. This may be hard for you to understand as you seem to be on the side of denial regarding the existence of the pandemic. As for you claiming the WHO don't think it exists or that the lockdown will do nothing that is total nonsense. The virus is rampant throughout the world, it is too late to stop that, however we can suppress it to try and slow the spread and keep the health systems from falling over and therefore saving lives. When this is all over sometime in the (hopefully) not too distant future there will be countless studies conducted on this global crisis, I wonder how many of the idiotic people who denied it's severity or even very existence will still be around spouting their rubbish... 

One question - why would it be over in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

The virus is entrenched in the population - there is no guarantee of an effective virus being developed anytime soon.  

Are we supposed to lock down the economy for years until we find a solution?  Most people will be unemployed by then, many will have depleted their savings and even retirees will not get pensions as governments won't have money.

Thailand did not have a lot of cases before the lockdown.  But they allowed Chinese tourists in January and February.  Thailand still does not have a lot of cases. Are we assuming that only western tourists would transmit the virus and that is why Thailand implemented measures once the virus was impacting Europe?

The USA now realizes that there were cases in December last year (before there was even an issue) - France had community transmission in November/ December last year.  After 8 weeks of lock-down, some western countries still have a lot of transmission (but incubation is only 2 weeks) while the virus should be minimized by now.

There are other factors influencing the spread of the virus - but politicians are so invested in "their" solution (social distancing) that they don't want to even consider an alternate approach.  The problem with destroying the economy is that government will run out of money too - what do you think will happen when unemployment assistance in Europe stops (in the USA it has not started for many) and pensions get reduced to the levels of the basic minimum support?  We are no longer growing our own food to live, hunt in the woods and slaughter our own pigs - most people work, earn money and shop in the supermarket for food.  

Let's reduce income of politicians, media personalities etc to the average received unemployment support in the country and only pay people who really work saving lives (doctors nurses, food store workers) - this will clear the situation quickly once everyone shares the pain

1 minute ago, Miami007 said:

One question - why would it be over in the (hopefully) not too distant future.

The virus is entrenched in the population - there is no guarantee of an effective virus being developed anytime soon.  

Are we supposed to lock down the economy for years until we find a solution?  Most people will be unemployed by then, many will have depleted their savings and even retirees will not get pensions as governments won't have money.

No, it is a careful balancing act of getting the economies moving again whilst practising some level of social distancing. I believe there will be a vaccine, and therefore I believe it will be over in the not too distant future, if you don't believe it then fine.

1 minute ago, Miami007 said:

Thailand did not have a lot of cases before the lockdown.  But they allowed Chinese tourists in January and February.  Thailand still does not have a lot of cases. Are we assuming that only western tourists would transmit the virus and that is why Thailand implemented measures once the virus was impacting Europe?

The USA now realizes that there were cases in December last year (before there was even an issue) - France had community transmission in November/ December last year.  After 8 weeks of lock-down, some western countries still have a lot of transmission (but incubation is only 2 weeks) while the virus should be minimized by now.

There are other factors influencing the spread of the virus - but politicians are so invested in "their" solution (social distancing) that they don't want to even consider an alternate approach.  The problem with destroying the economy is that government will run out of money too - what do you think will happen when unemployment assistance in Europe stops (in the USA it has not started for many) and pensions get reduced to the levels of the basic minimum support?  We are no longer growing our own food to live, hunt in the woods and slaughter our own pigs - most people work, earn money and shop in the supermarket for food.  

Let's reduce income of politicians, media personalities etc to the average received unemployment support in the country and only pay people who really work saving lives (doctors nurses, food store workers) - this will clear the situation quickly once everyone shares the pain

Do you think your points above have not been discussed by anybody else? Do you think your brain power is so superior nobody has considered every single point you are making, they ALL occurred to me a long time ago. The reason why the virus is still spreading it because the economies are not completely locked down are they? In the UK all the support services are still working, the police, the delivery drivers, the supermarket workers, the farmers and not to mention the NHS which employs 1.7 million people alone, so yes the virus still spreads but it is at a much lower rate. Just because the virus has a 2 week incubation period doesn't mean if we all lockdown that the virus will be gone in 2 weeks does it. Everybody in the entire world has been debating the global effect of the lockdown, the economic damage versus the virus has been discussed every single day and is discussed every day by every political leader as they try and plan how to safely end the lockdown. Your insight is obvious and the driver to every decision that is being made every single day....

now you realise that (hopefully) what do you think is the best answer to this problem?

Your last paragraph just sounds like a babbling class warrior.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

puhhh..an emotional argument..with an emotional argument for regulations.. in other words one must follow your logic or one is a potential killer! what if u are wrong? and corona turns out way less dangerous as U may believe? then one will say.. better safe than sorry right?? look i hope ur daughter is and will be fine.. and as she decides to go to this dangerous work of hers..its other peoples right to decide to risk a party.. and if u are wrong in assessing corona and its dangers?..hmm u indirectly advocate for cutting of human rights..just to be safe...

anyway i am blabbering.. my point is i that i see more dangers in cutting freedoms than any corona.. just my thoughts

its not an emotional argument fella, its a factual statement, the deaths and people in the ICU's testify to that. If you think it's a hoax then perhaps you should talk to the hundreds of thousands of people grieving the death of their friends and family members, again not an emotional argument just a simple statement of fact. It's ok to have your say on the virus but perhaps you could be more sensitive to the people who have loved ones in the firing line who probably worry every single day.

It is a very valid point about how the lockdown may be more damaging then the actual virus, to me if I find out the government start abusing data under the banner of protecting society I will be really concerned. It's a slippery slope when we go there and I don't trust any single government to temporarily use the data and then relinquish that power post the current crisis. The Russians and I believe some other nations are using CCTV and facial recognition software to hunt people and issue fines,,, very scary.. CCTV used for cracking serious crimes would probably be acceptable to most people, outside of that absolutely not.

Usually you need a court order to access certain data and I won't be happy to see that line crossed in my country..