Busted: Police on Koh Samui raid "farang owned" beachside bar - 22 Thai and foreign patrons arrested

webfact

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I personally think that the country has slid downhill and landed in a big pile of the smelly stuff. The laws are unfair, police and everyone corrupt, people unfriendly, bad roads, bad hygiene, bad affordable health, xenophobia, farang hatred,,, and on and on,,,. However you are correct, we all know what to expect from such a place so if you don't like it leave (which I did), for others who are in denial or stupid enough to stay well it's all yours..????

Either you're relatively new to Thailand or you know very little of its history. Thailand has ALWAYS been as you describe. (Personally, I find the Thai citizenry quite friendly. Depends on the circles one moves in, I suppose.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dararasmi said:

Either you're relatively new to Thailand or you know very little of its history. Thailand has ALWAYS been as you describe. (Personally, I find the Thai citizenry quite friendly. Depends on the circles one moves in, I suppose.)

i have been travelling to Thailand on business for many years, I lived there for a decade. So your assessment of me is incorrect, I am not new to Thailand. Why do I need a degree in Thai history to know how it is today? You have been living in Thailand too long. You sound like that weak local argument that every Thai seems to use when they respond to something that is obviously stupid, I quote,, "you don't understand Thailand" ,,, well I think it's a load of cobblers. I may not be the smartest man in the world but I am certainly not the dumbest either. Perhaps you can explain to me exactly what I am missing in Thai history that would help me understand why the country is such an unfriendly cr**hole? To me it has gone downhill and I didn't want to waste any of more of our precious time on this earth enduring it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

selling alcohol from a business registered as bar is not allowed and selling alcohol from a restaurant and consuming it on site is not permitted.  

May be he was giving it away.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

actually if it's a business registered as a bar then they were breaking the laws from the start as bars are not allowed to open as yet, restaurants are but bars are not, secondly they were selling alcohol which is forbidden anyway ....  so the french man is in deep sh_it 

Which some owners find hard to understand.... 

In the past many try to flout the licencing regulations by saying we are a restaurant selling alcohol, but operate like a bar with live bands and selling snack/food.

At this moment in time under the "emergency decree" they think they are immune by operating under the we are a restaurant banner.

Either way selling alcohol was stupid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrfill said:

Phase one starts this Wednesday, not on the 18th.

Here are the clear as mud rules...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

The BBC is hardly a reliable reference, there has been many incorrect observations reported by the media.

The current facts can be found here.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/884171/FINAL_6.6637_CO_HMG_C19_Recovery_FINAL_110520_v2_WEB__1_.pdf

I suggest this was a case of just too many people and too obvious, and the foreign owner/operator did not help. I imagine that all over the country there are tiny out of the way bars with just a couple or 3 patrons that are left alone.

13 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

I came there with work. When I first arrived I like it, it seemed a very free society with less "nanny state" attitude towards citizens. However it went downhill and I think it is heading for worse regarding government intervention on your life. It was not easy for me to uproot my family, sell our properties and change jobs so we had to endure it for 2 years whilst we planned leaving. If you are unable to leave then I genuinely feel for you, I have some friends in Thailand that are unable to leave, they are pretty down everyday and I feel so very sad for them. but there are also people in denial about the situation and kid themselves that it is still the wonderful place it once was. It's sad but in my view and (judging by the mass migration) the view of many others it has had it's day and there are better places to enjoy life without the hassle. 

I really appreciate your honesty. it's very refreshing to hear.

Edited by Kaopad999

BIB cannot pull over traffic offenders these days, let's crackdown falang who is throwing a party during COVID-19 curfew law and check his finances.

Finally they caught a French guy who has committed the crime of the century @ Kho Samui.

How big was the brown envelope this time?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

A very disappointing public relations photograph. No pointing! 

I'm disappointed with RTP, why did they quit the pointing routine?

How can we know who the bad guys are?

And where is the drugs they always find during razzia falang resort?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bander said:

I'm disappointed with RTP, why did they quit the pointing routine?

How can we know who the bad guys are?

And where is the drugs they always find during razzia falang resort?

Yep, very surprised they didn't find any bongs at that party.

Where there's a pair of elephant pants, there's always a bong.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, steven100 said:

actually if it's a business registered as a bar then they were breaking the laws from the start as bars are not allowed to open as yet, restaurants are but bars are not, secondly they were selling alcohol which is forbidden anyway ....  so the french man is in deep sh_it 

A Frenchman named Quentin T ( arantino)?

Well done the plod, NOT.

Everyone of those young people will be spreading the word via "social media" and LOS can kiss goodbye to hundreds if not thousands of potential future ATMs. They'll just go to Vietnam or similar instead.

If the plod had a clue they'd just send the patrons back to their accommodation, and keep the strong arm stuff for the owner.

Unless the owner had arrived yesterday, he must have known the score, and IMO had done what he thought was required to stay open.

If one thing about this makes me pleased, it's that the plod won't be collecting anything for the xmas fund till tourists return and that's going to be a long while IMO. Perhaps this is because they are desperate to recoup the losses.

• Sad 1

On 5/13/2020 at 12:11 AM, Mike k said:

stuff like this is going to bring back the alcohol ban people won't learn

Very much doubt that. As long as the ban continues the plod won't be getting donations to their xmas fund. They'll be as keen as any for the ban to end.

• Sad 1

On 5/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, steven100 said:

Laws? In LOS? You think they count for much?

:cheesy:

• Sad 1

On 5/12/2020 at 3:54 PM, bander said:

BIB cannot pull over traffic offenders these days, let's crackdown falang who is throwing a party during COVID-19 curfew law and check his finances.

Finally they caught a French guy who has committed the crime of the century @ Kho Samui.

How big was the brown envelope this time?

Good to read a post from someone that actually knows something about LOS.

• Sad 1

On 5/11/2020 at 4:04 PM, AmericanSafety said:

Because alcohol sales are known to spread the C19 virus. I swear, it is difficult dealing with the idiots from the general public who blindly say "Obey" and the facists who blindly follow orders thinking somehow what they are doing is actually lawful.

no not the alcohol it is the people setting next to each other talking and then talking louder and louder as the consume more booze. The louder one talks the futher and more particles are spread.

• Like 1