Thailand reports ZERO new COVID-19 cases

webfact

Last Thursday, I had an appointment at the large private hospital, the Ram, in Chiang Mai, and my wife had an appointment at the nearby large Government hospital, the SuanDork.

Both hospitals were much quieter than normal, and whilst my wife was seeing the doctor, I took a walk around the hospital including Casualty.  Nowhere were there any signs of extra activity, and no areas appeared to be cordoned off.  Possibly there were less people than usual, because of the fear of catching the virus there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, delboy said:

Last Thursday, I had an appointment at the large private hospital, the Ram, in Chiang Mai, and my wife had an appointment at the nearby large Government hospital, the SuanDork.

Both hospitals were much quieter than normal, and whilst my wife was seeing the doctor, I took a walk around the hospital including Casualty.  Nowhere were there any signs of extra activity, and no areas appeared to be cordoned off.  Possibly there were less people than usual, because of the fear of catching the virus there.

You would not be let into any COVID-19 ward, if there was one. The hospitals that do have them are mostly in Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

According to worldometer Thailand have tested 286,000 people.

Correction: According to Worldometer Thailand has carried out 286,000 tests. That is different from 286,000 people. A small point, but still the number of people tested is well below 100,000 or less than 1 in 700 people have been tested for their exposure to the virus since January.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand now has a total of 3,017 COVID-19 cases

well, that's not quire right:

1. There are only REPORTED cases. What about those, they never been detected?

2. There are only around 10.000 tests per week. (up to 500.00 in Eu....not Uk of course).

the more you test the more cases you'll find. 

So could there be a reason for less tests in Thailand ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Correction: According to Worldometer Thailand has carried out 286,000 tests. That is different from 286,000 people. A small point, but still the number of people tested is well below 100,000 or less than 1 in 700 people have been tested for their exposure to the virus since January.

and what about other conutries? Do they count as

No. of tests or

No. of people tested???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

And that figure includes among others Chula, Mahidol labs where a positive will not result in a confimed case. For that you'll need two positives from two separate reference labs.

I once analyzed a leaked MoPH document. There has since been one update in facebook from surapongofficial, but the main gist of it is the same:

4 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Fantastic news Thailand, well done! 

meanwhile in the West 600+ cases on the DAILY! 

I feel so lucky and blessed to be living in Thailand right now. 

RIP to those that passed away, and i hope the west recovers from this ASAP.

Certainly a lot  lessons to be learnt from all of this.  

They have people with brains in the west and journalists who ask questions. Impossible to get away with large scale lies and coverups

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Susco said:

BREAKING NEWS

Thailand has now completely ended all testing and reporting

There is a drive-through testing center at Pyavate hospital on Rama 9.

Edited by revup
typo
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

The death by pneumonia data (not including BKK) is published on the HDC site and updated more or less daily. Looks like not including BKK, Thailand had about 1,000 deaths by pneumonia in the past week which is about twice the average for the whole country (including BKK) for a typical week.

I'm sure none of those deaths were actually Covid 19 as they would have been in the daily reports.

Have you a link to that page, cheers

32 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Not a small point, but an important point. Also, the reported number of total tests is apparently including all tests performed in the country but is two to three times as high as the number of tests which pass the tighter filter to be included in results (tests have to be done at one of the two official reference labs then confirmed positive at the other one). So, put another way: the 286k number includes a lot of tests whose results are not made public. If you consider that only about 55k tests might have passed the tighter filter, then the ratio of tests (whose results were counted) to population would be: 55k/70mil or 0.8% of the population. 

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

I believe Thai's have stronger immune systems due to much higher exposure to pollution.

Perhaps it is the mass exposure to high octaine somtam that keeps the virus at bay.

On a serious note this is great news, I hope this trend keeps up and some sense of normality can return.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

That may depend what is classed as testing.  My wife was suspected as having covid 19 simply because she'd travelled with me. Officials turned up at her workplace unannounced 2 days running and simply checked her temperature. If they are including such things as 'tests' then yes, they will have a high testing rate.

Those are checks. Numbers are official tests conducted. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mung said:

and Germany going back into lockdown in some areas

That's the keyword ... in some areas.

And why? Was it a closed environment, i.e. old folks home or a specific workplace (as in the case you mentioned where it trippled).

Or just because of a general losing up of restrictions?

There are differences in this ... and you can isolate specific areas 

Edited by RedPill
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

How many villages, towns & cities in Thailand?  Say every village had 10 deaths due to the virus (but not put down to virus), over the last 5 months, how many would that be?  Not exactly "piles of bodies easily noticeable".  What if every village had 30 deaths over 5 months?  Again, no piles of bodies piling up.  56 deaths?  

Most Thais don't even know how you finally die from Chinese flu.

They know of it but not the end result

Doctor says pneumonia and that's it, in the kiln and carry on

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

20,000 deaths from pneumonia in the whole of 2019 and already 12,000 after 4 months

Add bkk and other associated deaths that were actually whu flu and a cover-up is emerging!

No, it's the budget year 2020 so there are more months. But, compare the daily average and you'll still see a higher than average number. 

• Thanks 1