Thailand reports ZERO new COVID-19 cases

webfact

17 minutes ago, condobrit001 said:

Maybe so ThailandRyan - if indeed that is your real name...

I am here in Bangkok, retired from the US. So yes that's my Name because that's who I am and where I am now condobrit, but to flame on everyone and all, by calling them Thai Trolls, or Bar Stool Jockeys seems a bit harsh, do you not think.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So the disease is in fact trivial ........ and the whole world has thrown their economies away for nothing?

Seems a little unlikely!

if it wasn't  for things like social distancing, curfews, and travel bans, then obviously the death rate would be much higher.

• Confused 1

Just now, Kaopad999 said:

if it wasn't  for things like social distancing, curfews, and travel bans, then obviously the death rate would be much higher.

BS.

Everyone will catch it, but the death rate is so small as to be trivial.

Probably 50% of the world population have already had it.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

BS.

? What is BS? T he death rate is low yes, but it is very infectious and people with underlying health problems and the elderly are at higher risk. This is very well documented now so should not be a surprise to you. As for everyone is going to catch it why do you say that? Not everyone is going to catch it but it will not be completely beaten until a vaccine emerges. Until then we must protect the vulnerable and the elderly, don't you agree?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BS.

I think that the mortality rates are non-trivial - a lot of people are dying from the disease, and probably a substantial number of those are not reported, for one reason or another.  Better to look at overall mortality rates. 

You might argue that it is a culling process, that everyone has to die some time, and that the people that the COVID-19 related deaths are early deaths, not new deaths, and that we will see a lull following the virus. 

On the other hand, there is clear evidence that more people recover if the "curve is flattened", and there is an empty bed in ICU for everyone that needs it.  Now, case management has also improved so that more people survive going to ICU.

SC

13 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am here in Bangkok, retired from the US. So yes that's my Name because that's who I am and where I am now condobrit, but to flame on everyone and all, by calling them Thai Trolls, or Bar Stool Jockeys seems a bit harsh, do you not think.....

Yes, you are probably right - but don't underestimate the presence of Thais on this forum. I like to inject a touch of humour and satire on this forum occasionally, and I am sorry if you were offended. Please feel free to remount your bar stool and have one for me.

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

? What is BS? T he death rate is low yes, but it is very infectious and people with underlying health problems and the elderly are at higher risk. This is very well documented now so should not be a surprise to you. As for everyone is going to catch it why do you say that? Not everyone is going to catch it but it will not be completely beaten until a vaccine emerges. Until then we must protect the vulnerable and the elderly, don't you agree?

Why? Everyone is going to die sometime.  Better to go sooner than after senility has set in, right Britman2?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

BS.

"Probably" Keyword right there just shows that you are taking a wild guess. 

Doctors have already stated the this is a lot more infectious than your average flu 

look at Italy, they were on their knees at one stage. if it wasn't for their curfews then just imagine what their death rate would look like now...

5 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

look at Italy, they were on their knees at one stage. if it wasn't for their curfews then just imagine what their death rate would look like now...

The same, as those who will die from it will die no matter what, only when they die will be changed by a month or two.

I wish I had died from it when I caught it in January, it would have been a good time to go, after a decent holiday in Saigon with plenty of cannabis and cheap beer. As I get older my health and my life can only get worse. My adventures can only get less, my girlfriend can only get less attractive, the VISA situation will only become more problematic, the exchange rate can only get worse. Better to die while I still have money in the bank and a decent life, I welcome death.

Edited by BritManToo

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If you don't test people, you don't get the correct information !

Selected pre tested people  were tested , know what i mean .

Amazing Thailand ,   UK , the end is nigh ...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

"Probably" Keyword right there just shows that you are taking a wild guess. 

Doctors have already stated the this is a lot more infectious than your average flu 

Except here where it's about 1% as infectious as the average flu.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The same, as those who will die from it will die no matter what, only when they die will be changed by a month or two.

I wish I had died from it when I caught it in January, it would have been a good time to go, after a decent holiday in Saigon with plenty of cannabis and cheap beer. As I get older my health and my life can only get worse. My adventures can only get less, my girlfriend can only get less attractive, the VISA situation will only become more problematic, the exchange rate can only get worse. Better to die while I still have money in the bank and a decent life, I welcome death.

i  fully respect your own personal view on your own mortality, i certainly can't argue with that

But, you know many people might not feel the same as you... 

6 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Except here where it's about 1% as infectious as the average flu.

what? Are you suggesting that a virus that has gripped the world in just a few months is not highly infectious?

It is very well documented that the virus doe not do as well in sub tropical and tropical climates, think yourself lucky that is the case. 

No coughing but still in lockdown with people begging and scraping to get by. Selling their measly possessions to get food and second hand clothes. While the government sits on it laurels waiting? For what? For the numbers to go down? For the curve to go convex? What? Minus numbers? Well done! Open everything up now and take off these masks as I cannot shop as I have COPD and stupid mall workers with their digital friend wont let me in even with a doctors certificate saying that the mask is more detrimental to my already poor health and breathing! Need a massage for my back and knees. In pain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nchuckle said:

Because Thailand is an insignificant blip in most concerns related to western interests. Just because you live here....

True. Just because people in Thailand believe they are centre of the Universe nobody gives a fig about the place outside of it's own borders. 

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

What complete and utter nonsense. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Thailand has some excellent healthcare, no doubt, but ALL of them in the private sector.

The government hospitals are absolutely not the best healthcare in the world.

Comparing the UK National Health to extremely expensive, private healthcare in Thailand is not a level playing field. However if you compare the UK NHS to the same in Thailand there is absolutely zero comparison. The NHS is a fantastic service that is far, far better then the Thai government hospitals, the best example in the world today of free healthcare to everyone no matter how rich or poor. The private hospitals may be closer but for me I would rather pop down to Harley Street in London if I were looking for the best healthcare then Bangkok General. 

In summary you can get good medical care in Thailand if your pockets are deep enough or your insurance covers it. if not you are at the mercy of not much better then a Victorian abattoir. 

1 hour ago, GAZZPA said:

What complete and utter nonsense. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Thailand has some excellent healthcare, no doubt, but ALL of them in the private sector.

The government hospitals are absolutely not the best healthcare in the world.

Comparing the UK National Health to extremely expensive, private healthcare in Thailand is not a level playing field. However if you compare the UK NHS to the same in Thailand there is absolutely zero comparison. The NHS is a fantastic service that is far, far better then the Thai government hospitals, the best example in the world today of free healthcare to everyone no matter how rich or poor. The private hospitals may be closer but for me I would rather pop down to Harley Street in London if I were looking for the best healthcare then Bangkok General. 

In summary you can get good medical care in Thailand if your pockets are deep enough or your insurance covers it. if not you are at the mercy of not much better then a Victorian abattoir. 

All of Thailand is covered by healthcare under the 30 baht scheme. 30 baht!

NHS free? Wait until you are self-employed and see how much you have to pay to the NHS every month.

Private hospitals are not that expensive with a private insurance (2k/3k per month). Less that I would pay in the UK.

The NHS is a joke. Heavily understaffed, huge management failures and a immense pressure on the (big part foreign) staff working there.

I have had to bring my wife to the hospital myself in the middle of the night because no ambulances were available on short notice. I have seen people crying in pain, waiting for hours on in an ER room, and where only given some paracetamol.  

The NHS is the prime example of a failing welfare system that is in dire need of repair. There is a reason Covid19 is hitting so hard in England. 

Netherlands/Germany/All Scandinavian countries. Those are examples of good healthcare systems. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

The NHS is the prime example of a failing welfare system that is in dire need of repair. There is a reason Covid19 is hitting so hard in England. 

That is incorrect. The NHS in normal times was overloaded and underfunded due to; the increasing population, the changing demographic and developments of new treatments.

Increasing population: mainly from the EU.

Changing demographic: people are living longer and therefore needing more hospital treatment.

New treatments: just one example, 30 years ago St James's hospital in Leeds had no Radio Therapy machines. Now they have 12 - these things cost £££ millions.

Successive governments have clearly been aware of these increasing costs but have been scared they will lose votes if they increase National Insurance contributions to cover them. The NHS has been a hot topic in the UK for some time now and most people that I've discussed it with agree that we need to pay more for our healthcare, pensions etc. Maybe the governments could have correctly funded the NHS if they'd actually tested the nation's readiness to accept increased contributions.

So, pre-covid your statement held some truth. Since covid, you are totally wrong.  Hospitals have cancelled much of their usual business to concentrate on Covid 19. The new Nightingale hospitals, built specifically to deal with Covid 19 have hardly been used. The NHS has done a brilliant job of dealing with Covid 19.

The reason there have been so many deaths in the UK is because the UK government failed to take the outbreak seriously in the beginning and the route they have taken to deal with the virus. Some countries have gone down the test, track and trace route and so far have been more successful than countries like the UK that chose to control Covid 19 through locking down the population and it locked down far too late.

I'm of the opinion that the UK made the wrong choice - If no vaccine is found, eventually everyone in every country will get infected. The difference between the two paths is that many of those who have taken the test, track and trace route have not had to employ the other measures that have devastated the economies of countries that have totally locked down.

The NHS hasn't caused Covid 19 to 'hit so hard in England' - the UK government has caused that. The NHS has maintained plenty of capacity throughout the pandemic and has the equipment to deal with it.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

20,000 deaths from pneumonia in the whole of 2019 and already 12,000 after 4 months

Add bkk and other associated deaths that were actually whu flu and a cover-up is emerging!

where is that stat from? I found 60+K in 2017. please give a link https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

Edited by vermin on arrival

3 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

where is that stat from I found 60+K in 2017? please give a link https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

It's not 12000 in 4 months. These stats are over the budget year....so it's from October to April - 7 months. The RATE of infection per month is barely any different between the current year and the budget year of 2019. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DavisH said:

It's not 12000 in 4 months. These stats are over the budget year....so it's from October to April - 7 months. The RATE of infection per month is barely any different between the current year and the budget year of 2019. 

and if my link was correct it was 5k per month in 2017...so even 12k in 4 months is not abnormally high in comparision. I would like to find the 2019 official statistics.

3 hours ago, Eibot said:

All of Thailand is covered by healthcare under the 30 baht scheme. 30 baht!

NHS free? Wait until you are self-employed and see how much you have to pay to the NHS every month.

Private hospitals are not that expensive with a private insurance (2k/3k per month). Less that I would pay in the UK.

The NHS is a joke. Heavily understaffed, huge management failures and a immense pressure on the (big part foreign) staff working there.

I have had to bring my wife to the hospital myself in the middle of the night because no ambulances were available on short notice. I have seen people crying in pain, waiting for hours on in an ER room, and where only given some paracetamol.  

Netherlands/Germany/All Scandinavian countries. Those are examples of good healthcare systems. 

Utter BS. I got a blood clot on a plane last year, got stuck in my neck and caused a stroke. I have had nothing but the best care through the NHS. You sound like the typical people who love to hate and soak up all the criticism thrown at what is the best health and only comprehensive free health service in the world. The uk public have lived for generations knowing that if anything goes wrong they can get help. Yes it has been stretched and it needs shaping up in areas but it is still a fantastic service and i would put my health in it anyday over the Thai government hospitals. As for people queueing up in A and E yes thats true for minor ailments but if you need urgent medical care you absolutely get priority, I know because I been unfortunate enough to need it. i was rushed into A and E and given appropriate medication and wheeled straight into the MRI scan room, then straight to a hospital bed for 3 weeks where i had many, many blood tests to check everything, since then I had weekly physio at home and now I am fully recovered. Every single pill i needed every consultation, all my time in hospital, scans, physio, monthly check ups since all absolutely free. 

My friend had renal failure in Thailand, he got some kind of infection. He was very sick and obviously in a life threatening position. He was taken to a Thai hospital in Pattaya, they would not let him in unless he paid 20k deposit,,,, utter disgrace. In the end his family arranged for a nurse to fly from Australia, bring him back and get him decent care in Australia (which is where is from of course). It was cheaper to do that then leave him in that money grabbing butcher shop they called a hospital. He is 39 years old by the way and he had limited medical cover. 

Also, what on earth do you mean about self employed people not getting NHS cover or having to pay extra for it, it is a complete load of BS. Any British citizen gets free health insurance, full STOP. The only thing you can do as self employed is voluntarily contribute your NI which is more to do with the state pension.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

That is incorrect. The NHS in normal times was overloaded and underfunded due to; the increasing population, the changing demographic and developments of new treatments.

Increasing population: mainly from the EU.

Changing demographic: people are living longer and therefore needing more hospital treatment.

New treatments: just one example, 30 years ago St James's hospital in Leeds had no Radio Therapy machines. Now they have 12 - these things cost £££ millions.

Successive governments have clearly been aware of these increasing costs but have been scared they will lose votes if they increase National Insurance contributions to cover them. The NHS has been a hot topic in the UK for some time now and most people that I've discussed it with agree that we need to pay more for our healthcare, pensions etc. Maybe the governments could have correctly funded the NHS if they'd actually tested the nation's readiness to accept increased contributions.

So, pre-covid your statement held some truth. Since covid, you are totally wrong.  Hospitals have cancelled much of their usual business to concentrate on Covid 19. The new Nightingale hospitals, built specifically to deal with Covid 19 have hardly been used. The NHS has done a brilliant job of dealing with Covid 19.

The reason there have been so many deaths in the UK is because the UK government failed to take the outbreak seriously in the beginning and the route they have taken to deal with the virus. Some countries have gone down the test, track and trace route and so far have been more successful than countries like the UK that chose to control Covid 19 through locking down the population and it locked down far too late.

I'm of the opinion that the UK made the wrong choice - If no vaccine is found, eventually everyone in every country will get infected. The difference between the two paths is that many of those who have taken the test, track and trace route have not had to employ the other measures that have devastated the economies of countries that have totally locked down.

The NHS hasn't caused Covid 19 to 'hit so hard in England' - the UK government has caused that. The NHS has maintained plenty of capacity throughout the pandemic and has the equipment to deal with it.

absolutely correct, minor ailments were cancelled to be rescheduled but not due to capacity, more to do with trying to halt the spread of the virus. Now services are slowly resuming but if you needed vital treatment they still went ahead. An old friend of our family is pretty much being kept alive with transfusions after living with stage 4 prostate cancer, his treatment has obviously continued. Had he been in Thailand he would be dead by now..

It should happened, open everything star the economy unless you dont want more younger people will die because of unemployment and hunger than so called Covid-19...what a waste of time...what will happened when so called 2nd wave arrives will they close all again? I dont think so... Can they afford again to ruin Tourism and Economy for they can payout trillions of baht? No country cannot afford it anymore to quarantine whole cities and shutting down borders. 

Edited by NB1986

15 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

I read a few hours ago that it's being reported China has now ordered compulsory testing again for all Wuhan residents within 10 days. 

Correct China will test 11 million people in 10 day's, because they have found 6 new active cases 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

It should happened, open everything star the economy unless you dont want more younger people will die because of unemployment and hunger than so called Covid-19...what a waste of time...what will happened when so called 2nd wave arrives will they close all again? I dont think so... Can they afford again to ruin Tourism and Economy for they can payout trillions of baht? No country cannot afford it anymore to quarantine whole cities and shutting down borders. 

Too late to stop now. We can only hope a vaccine will be forthcoming, until then its going to continue to be very tough for everyone, everywhere.

16 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Do they get to join the Tasman Travel Bubble now ??

Yeah really. What a bunch of numpties. They all dodge a fat one and think whatever they did worked well lol. Right place, wrong time, right place. Not to mention Thailand had its secret fill before Christmas.

Edited by daveAustin

6 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Correct China will test 11 million people in 10 day's, because they have found 6 new active cases 

It is usually a good ideal to multiply anything the ccp would put out by a factor of 50 or 100. Some would believe 200 died in Tiananmen. Never mind. Carry on. :saai:

7 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

what? Are you suggesting that a virus that has gripped the world in just a few months is not highly infectious?

It is very well documented that the virus doe not do as well in sub tropical and tropical climates, think yourself lucky that is the case. 

Seems highly infectious in other parts of the world. Here, not so much if you believe the reported numbers. 

Some research seems to support the hot weather theory but seems like the jury is still out on that one.

See, for example, 

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/04/experts-covid-19-pandemic-unlikely-ebb-weather-warms