Something Changed About 31 july?

Hi guys,

I cant remember how many but i saw some topics about going out of thailand and do a new visa and come or or likewise. And im not following the news closely since i read all type of visas are safe to stay till 31 July. My visa is NON-O multi and it expired on 5 may already. I already did my last 90 days so i must go to Savanakhet and get a new non-o. 

My question here is is something changed with 31 july Auto visa or not? NON-O multi is still safe or not even though its expired already?

thanks a lot.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes. You can stay until July 31st.

Your non-o visas expiration date means nothing after you are in the country. Only the 90 day permit to stay from it is important.

thanks Ubon. Good to know. Well i can get back to my relaxation till 31 july than. I think i did my last 90 days in march.. so it should be safe

Edited by problemfarang

18 hours ago, problemfarang said:

thanks Ubon. Good to know. Well i can get back to my relaxation till 31 july than. I think i did my last 90 days in march.. so it should be safe

"And im not following the news closely since i read all type of visas are safe to stay till 31 July."

Don't you think you should read the news and keep track on restrictions etc etc? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Me too. Might be like a zoo after they lift the amnesty date. 

And on the anniversary........

I did my 90 day last month (when the blanket extensions were to 30 April) for just that reason.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zillod said:

I just went to my local Immigration office and got a 1 year non im O visa.   Didn't leave the country.

I presume you are referring to a 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Yesterday 3 immigration officers appeared at my door they were very polite and spoke good English they were from Suratthani immigration and are on the island checking out people they asked to see my passport which I showed them , i pointed out to them that my extension of stay ( retirement ) was up for renewal In the middle of June the reply I got from them was that’s okay you are good until 31st July one of them took my phone number and picture and told me if I had an issue over it to call him and he would speak to the officer dealing with my renewal application. Happy Days !

Very nice to read!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Moonlover said:

This smells of a scam @crazykopite. I strongly recommend that you do your extension on time.

Why would it be a scam they were in full uniform with Immigration Suratthani on the back of their jackets and ID cards which they showed me they then went next door so why would it be a scam as you suggest or do you look at every Thai as a scammer if you do maybe you should move on to another country.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Why would it be a scam they were in full uniform with Immigration Suratthani on the back of their jackets and ID cards which they showed me they then went next door so why would it be a scam as you suggest or do you look at every Thai as a scammer if you do maybe you should move on to another country.

We may, of course all be wrong. And I do mean we. Just go back through this thread again.

Consider this. What's it going to cost you to do your extension on time? We all know of course, it's 1,900 THB and you have a clear conscious  What could it cost you if you go late and you're in overstay and suddenly the IOs 'forget' what they told you, or they discover that the advice they gave you was wrong? Which it undoubtedly is.

But as is so often said in Thailand, 'It's up to you'.

Have a safe day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, Max69xl said:

"And im not following the news closely since i read all type of visas are safe to stay till 31 July."

Don't you think you should read the news and keep track on restrictions etc etc? 

On 5/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I would.  An announcement will be made some time before 31 July, either extending the amnesty again, or reminding people they must leave Thailand (or do their visa run) before 31 July.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Of course im following things but not everyday trying to find something. I check thaivisa like every 4-5 days. I think we all agree that immigration is a joke in thailand but i also think they wont change it easily a date they already gave officially. Im also seriously not intend to leave the country to get a new visa the very first day they open borders. Im ok with few over-stay days to see whats going on (i believe they will tell us to leave in 7 day not like in 1 day). My fear is that Savannakhet will start same regulations with Vientienne, appointment or more paper work, corona check from hospital in last 14 days (im kinda pretty sure of this), etc. Because we all know that place will be a nightmare in first 1-2 weeks.

56 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Hi, thanks for the advice. Of course im following things but not everyday trying to find something. I check thaivisa like every 4-5 days. I think we all agree that immigration is a joke in thailand but i also think they wont change it easily a date they already gave officially. Im also seriously not intend to leave the country to get a new visa the very first day they open borders. Im ok with few over-stay days to see whats going on (i believe they will tell us to leave in 7 day not like in 1 day). My fear is that Savannakhet will start same regulations with Vientienne, appointment or more paper work, corona check from hospital in last 14 days (im kinda pretty sure of this), etc. Because we all know that place will be a nightmare in first 1-2 weeks.

I assume you are married to a Thai and obtained your Non Imm O ME on that basis.

You could apply for a 1 year extension of stay at your local Immigration office as an alternative to crossing the border at sometime to obtain a new 'Visa' and therefore dodge any Covid 'entry' requirements.

For a very first application of an extension based on marriage you would require 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, OR 2 x 40K monthly overseas transfer.

Depending on your nationality, an Embassy Income letter is a further alternative.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

I assume you are married to a Thai and obtained your Non Imm O ME on that basis.

You could apply for a 1 year extension of stay at your local Immigration office as an alternative to crossing the border at sometime to obtain a new 'Visa' and therefore dodge any Covid 'entry' requirements.

For a very first application of an extension based on marriage you would require 400K deposited in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application, OR 2 x 40K monthly overseas transfer.

Depending on your nationality, an Embassy Income letter is a further alternative.

hi and thanks for the advice, though i know the process and i dont have 400K in the bank, thats why i got multi-o ????  living in khon kaen for 14 years.. im very happy with non-o multi. Not want to do 400K or 40K thing

Edited by problemfarang