Filipinos in Nonthaburi plead for food aid

webfact

Filipinos in Nonthaburi plead for food aid

By The Nation

800_896f53cfb0f3b52.jpg?v=1589445386

Nonthaburi Filipinos say they need donations of food and basic necessities to help members of their community who have been left with no income during the pandemic crisis.

Jaycee Dilan, administrator of the Filipino Community in Nonthaburi Facebook group, said the situation remains dire for many community members, who cannot earn a living under lockdown.

Among them are about 200 Filipino teachers on “no work-no pay” contracts at public and government schools, which remain shut.

Others who work in entertainment, hotels, and restaurants are also suffering after their number of paid workdays were cut. Meanwhile undocumented community members have lost their part-time or odd jobs because they can’t go out under the state of emergency and stay-home advisory.

The group is asking for more "Covid-19 Food Packs” to feed Filipinos who have been hardest hit by the virus crisis.

The packs contain five kilos of rice, a pack of noodles, three to five tins of sardines, 10 eggs and face masks.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387847?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-14

Good luck with that, Do the Thai government class you as foreigners? if so then you wont get any help in that direction why not set up soup kitchens and try to get donations that way at the same time feeding the people

Well, there certainly are plenty of Filipinos in the Bangkok area who can unite and help these people. I'm sure any Thai or other expat in their area would help out if they ask for it. I suspect a lot of these people were working under the table. They may be afraid to come out. I'm sure they'll survive but this story lockdowns may go on for some time. It might be the right time to take a vacation back home if they can.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Well, there certainly are plenty of Filipinos in the Bangkok area who can unite and help these people. I'm sure any Thai or other expat in their area would help out if they ask for it. I suspect a lot of these people were working under the table. They may be afraid to come out. I'm sure they'll survive but this story lockdowns may go on for some time. It might be the right time to take a vacation back home if they can.

You are aware that the borders are closed now and no in/out flights from the airport.