Department explains reasons for removing some countries from high-risk list

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Knocker33 said:

do you have link for the full list as I cannot find one

How I understand it they made two lists before they closed the borders at all. So all the "newly" affected countries like USA did not get listed anymore.

Right now we only know which countries will be not on the list: China, Macao, HK, South Korea. We don't know which countries will be added to the list in future.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/main/issued_8 Mar20.pdf

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/main/Territories_outside_n.pdf

• Thanks 1

I can't see how this will change anything. I mean, in BKK at least some retailers have their employees testing daily for the virus prior to going to work. I don't know if this is a government condition or whether it is limited to certain retailers or malls. But if you have your own people testing daily, I don't see a hoard of Chinese appearing without crazy conditions set for entry.

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Stop asking sensible questions!

..... and what about Vietnam too?

They have to be on the list to be taken off. Taiwan and Nz were not on the list  

Edited by madmen

1) Please read this sentence: "The territory must have less than 20 internal cases in the past 14 days",

2) Go to the publication which can't be quoted or linked here and read the article on the subject of recent testing in Wuhan, China (pay careful attention to the last paragraph), then

3) Come back here and explain how #1 and #2 can work together in the same universe at the same time. 

Edited by JCP108

If China have stopped outbreak why they will test 10 million people in 10 days? For can manipulate woth numbers again and say we dont have any case? If they test 10 milion people i am sure there will be a lot positive false or real but there will be alot... Unless China doesnt manipulate woth numbers again, Thailand should wait until China put official numbers from that tests before they do any steps but i guess CDC Thailand wasnt aware of that news... And yes Korea had 35  new cases after they opened nightclubs so where is that number in last 2 weeks less than 20...

1 hour ago, mbenson said:

I can't see how this will change anything. I mean, in BKK at least some retailers have their employees testing daily for the virus prior to going to work. I don't know if this is a government condition or whether it is limited to certain retailers or malls. But if you have your own people testing daily, I don't see a hoard of Chinese appearing without crazy conditions set for entry.

Actually I am wrong about this. It is only workers who travelled to other provinces, and it a condition set by the employer. I misunderstood what she meant by "test." Just temperature. Same as everywhere else.

3 hours ago, phkauf said:

From what I understand, it allows people from the included countries to travel within the bubble and not be subject to quarantines. Australia and NZ are working on it as well. 

I think initially it's intended for business folks to revive trade, but tourism is definitely a factor in the article. Vietnam is looking to replace Thailand as a favored destination. Although the Vietnamese people absolutely hate the Chinese, so that will be interesting.

I do love a tourist bubble. To have a flight ban on all flights until 30 June is too much. At least that will bring in some money for some unemployed people in Thailand.

3 hours ago, JCP108 said:

1) Please read this sentence: "The territory must have less than 20 internal cases in the past 14 days",

//

3) Come back here and explain how #1 and #2 can work together in the same universe at the same time. 

I think that it's less than 20 new internal cases per day in the past 2 weeks. China is below that this month, despite its huge population.

Edited by Pattaya46

21 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul,

He certainly has all the necessary qualifications to be the Public Health Minister:  His family's company, Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport.[5] An engineer, Anuthin served as president of Sino-Thai.[6]

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I think that it's less than 20 new internal cases per day in the past 2 weeks. China is below that this month, despite its huge population.

Oh. I didn't see the per day part.