Necessary to have flu/pneumonia vaccine?

homeseeker

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is just WHO propaganda. Your chances of dying from measles are zero.

Jeez, that wasn't the point of the measles reference. The point was vaccines aren't foolproof individually. Precisely, CDC is saying a vaccinated person can still be infected if exposed to enough sick people. So, the more of us vaccinated the less chance any of us getting exposed to the disease (whatever the disease in question might be, measles, C-19, whatever).

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Some people say it, others mean it. I've not had a single vaccination for anything since leaving the armed forces in 1985. I've traveled the world since then, often in some very dodgy countries and I never, ever get sick. I certainly cannot recall ever having flu. 74 now and still fit as a flea, as they say.

Some folks are just seem to be that way. Strong immune system coupled with a positive mindset is my guess.

I'm not so sure a positive mindset keeps this new coronavirus away. Saying that, I agree that a positive mindset has to be a plus for fighting any kind of illness, even if it doesn't do anything in certain circumstances.

I'm 49 and had flu shots every year for the past 5 years. Working in a Thai school it seems that there is always a virus floating around, and while I haven't had any sick days, the persistent coughing for weeks drove me mad. That seems to occur much less after having an annual flu shot.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Which is why flu vaccine is not recommended for all people, but is recommended for the elderly.

& forced upon children in huge quantities despite the risk of autism? 

Much has been written about the increase, yet never in the MSM, injecting heavy metals, DNA and MRC-5 has possible consequences that people are not made aware off, as is the possibility of having a latrogenic reaction to the contents of the vaccine.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Some people say it, others mean it. I've not had a single vaccination for anything since leaving the armed forces in 1985. I've traveled the world since then, often in some very dodgy countries and I never, ever get sick. I certainly cannot recall ever having flu. 74 now and still fit as a flea, as they say.

Some folks are just seem to be that way. 

Strangely enough,  these people often die from heart attack. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

zinc, selenium, magnesium, C, Lysine, probiotics  & various other natural products 

What's natural about these things? 

Sounds like from my chemistry textbook. 

2 hours ago, tontraveller said:

Pneumovax 23 was recommended from my doctor in Holland.

Recommended when 70 years or older, it might prevent you for 5 years from  getting pneumonia, and with the current Covid pandemic, I took it from BPH

In Holland,  23-valent pneumococcal vaccine is recommend for old people.  Kids got the 13-valent one so it's not helpful for the old. 

Not so in Thailand.  For this reason, Bumrungrad recommends both vaccines for old people in Thailand, one year apart.  This is in agreement with the American CDC.  

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, uhuh said:
3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Some folks are just seem to be that way. 

13 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Strangely enough,  these people often die from heart attack. 

Not so strangely enough, everyone dies from something. What's your point?

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Some people seem to get sick a lot.

Others have never been sick all their life.

People who die from heart attack usually fall into the second group. 

44 minutes ago, CGW said:

That crackpot theory has been debunked about the same number of times as flat earth and fake moon landing.

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

I'm not so sure a positive mindset keeps this new coronavirus away. Saying that, I agree that a positive mindset has to be a plus for fighting any kind of illness, even if it doesn't do anything in certain circumstances.

There's one thing that you can be sure of in life. You cannot be sure about anything.

But there's one thing that I am sure about. With a positive mindset, you live life fully for today and don't worry about what may come tomorrow, or the next day.

Sorry, but I don't give a monkey's toss about coronavirus or any other dreaded lurgy. I live for today.

6 minutes ago, Why Me said:

That crackpot theory has been debunked about the same number of times as flat earth and fake moon landing.

Your just exhibiting gross ignorance now!

Obviously you never read the link, now go back, read the link and tell me that it has been "debunked" rather than spout nonsense. ???? 

Hint:-  Both the "governments" and Big Pharma say there is a definite link.

Edited by CGW

25 minutes ago, uhuh said:

What's natural about these things? 

Sounds like from my chemistry textbook. 

Research it and you will know rather than making silly comments - educate yourself ???? 

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Sorry, but I don't give a monkey's toss about coronavirus or any other dreaded lurgy. I live for today.

Sound like a mildly dopey teenager. Hope you use a condom though. Because you won't get sick today but maybe tomorrow or the day after.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, CGW said:

Much has been written about the increase, yet never in the MSM, injecting heavy metals, DNA and MRC-5 has possible consequences that people are not made aware off, as is the possibility of having a latrogenic reaction to the contents of the vaccine.

Complete rubbish, the autism link has been repeatedly debunked.

I'm interested if you have been vaccinated for polio, TB, typhoid, hepatitis and tetanus. If you have, there seems to be a double standard at work. If not, we may not see you gracing the pages of TV for much longer.

6 minutes ago, Why Me said:

This link says no.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

Like I said stay away from crackpots. They're potentially more harmful than any virus. Because you can't vaccinate against crackpots.

The CDC ???? no accounting for gullibility is there, though there is a cure for ignorance - just saying ???? 

Try read what the "government" say rather than the people who are paid to promote, surely you are not naive enough to believe they are independent! ????

You might want to look up "cognitive dissonance" you may learn something there, though I doubt you will bother , you seem to know everything. 

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It's the people that insist everyone has vaccinations that are the bullies.

If vaccination works, and I choose not to have it, I'm only harming me.

If vaccination works, and you choose to have it, my disease can't harm you.

Why do you care if I want to harm myself?

You feel bullied if the government vaccinates you against your will?

Maybe your point of view would change if you were living ( if that can be called living ) in an iron lung because you contracted polio.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Complete rubbish, the autism link has been repeatedly debunked.

Rubbish Mr Scientist - again, try read something new for a change, despite considering you know it all you may well learn something new - or are you beyond that!

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

The CDC ???? no accounting for gullibility is there,

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

Try read what the "government" say rather than the people who are paid to promote,

Hmm, last I checked the CDC was a US federal government agency. Look, CGW, you are free to be an idiot on your own dime. And you are free to embarrass yourself in public fora. But do get a jab at some point.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, uhuh said:
9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

30 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Some people seem to get sick a lot.

Others have never been sick all their life.

People who die from heart attack usually fall into the second group. 

Well, you know what Uhuh? That would suit me just fine. The last thing on my wish list is a lingering death.

• Like 1

Just now, CGW said:

Rubbish Mr Scientist - again, try read something new for a change, despite considering you know it all you may well learn something new - or are you beyond that!

I love personal attacks, it just proves the person running with them has run out of any other options.

To repeat - have you had vaccinations for polio, TB, typhoid, hepatitis, and tetanus? It's a binary question - yes or no.

If you choose not to answer, it demonstrates how spurious, pathetic and empty your anti-vaxxer stance is.

Just now, Lacessit said:

To repeat - have you had vaccinations for polio, TB, typhoid, hepatitis, and tetanus? It's a binary question - yes or no.

If you choose not to answer, it demonstrates how spurious, pathetic and empty your anti-vaxxer stance is.

Polio yes, given when I was too young to have a choice.

TB no, age 14, I said no, I saw the scar on everyone's arm and decided I didn't want one.

Typhoid no, I've never lived anywhere they had contaminated water.

Hepatitis no, I've never felt at risk from it.

Tetanus, yes when I was too young to have a choice.

MMR, I would have said no, but I'm old and when I was young we all caught mumps and measles ..... and it didn't harm us. Catching them was considered normal.

I've not had any vaccinations in the last 35-40 years.

My son was given MMR when he was very young and immediately started displaying symptoms I associate with vaccine induced autism (repetitive hand movements), they lasted about 3 years and he's now grown out of them.

I had no choice in that vaccine as Thailand injects with or without parental permission.

Edited by BritManToo

15 minutes ago, CGW said:

You might want to look up "cognitive dissonance" you may learn something there, though I doubt you will bother , you seem to know everything. 

Perhaps you should consider changing the record. The know everything line has been to the well many times.

36 minutes ago, Why Me said:

The earth is in fact flat. That's a well established fact.  I have seen it on YouTube. 

The moon landing was obviously fake.  How do you explain that it's neither on insta nor on face?

You should follow CGW's advice. He is a real smart guy. 

1 minute ago, CGW said:

Can you give me a third option please? have a read of this and dismiss it in the meantime ???? 

Where did I ever state I was anti -vax, you know what making assumptions does don't you.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3364648/

Why should I give you another option? You think I'm some kind of charity? Yes or no.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps you should consider changing the record. The know everything line has been to the well many times.

OK, noted ????

I am a Scientist? will that be better ???? 

27 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Sound like a mildly dopey teenager. Hope you use a condom though. Because you won't get sick today but maybe tomorrow or the day after.

What a sad, sick and very misinformed comment. You're a newbie here, so I'll be tolerant. But I strongly suggest that you refrain from from making such personal comments against other members.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Why should I give you another option? You think I'm some kind of charity? Yes or no.

Seriously, because - I don't have a bloody clue, I'm old, had a hard life.............

Be charitable ????

• Like 1