Trust is not dead

Lacessit

On 5/17/2020 at 6:26 AM, kenk24 said:

I have had the same experience in my village.. helping w/banking and ATM cards... obviously they knew you... everyone knows how well I have taken care of my family... 

That is the difference - they didn't place their trust in a farang - they placed it in you... surely a respect you earned. Thai are not as evil as some make them out to be on this forum.

And myself too, quite agree Ken.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 6:45 AM, BritManToo said:

Everyone knows white foreigners are rich, why would you steal from them? 

I don't think that cliche stands any longer... too many poorly dressed, poorly mannered people walking around who are unusually cheap, throwing fits abt everything from sin sod to buying mom a bowl of noodle soup... 

On 5/17/2020 at 6:26 AM, kenk24 said:

I have had the same experience in my village.. helping w/banking and ATM cards... obviously they knew you... everyone knows how well I have taken care of my family... 

That is the difference - they didn't place their trust in a farang - they placed it in you... surely a respect you earned. Thai are not as evil as some make them out to be on this forum.

They put their trust in his THAI wife or GF not in the farang , you think they would have given their ATM or pincode to a farang if he was staying on his own without any THAI connection ?? I am not saying all thais are evil or something like that i have a thai GF myself , but that's just the way it is for 99% of the time .

54 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

a farang if he was staying on his own without any THAI connection

It would be pretty difficult to live in a 100% Thai village w/o a Thai connection.... it is assumed there is going to be a Thai connection... and through those connections, through the years, we come to know people as individuals as well as being part of a family unit... not every family member is trusted... but I find that I am trusted and respected because of my actions through many many years as likely is the OP... 

Some of us get along well with their family... why are you trying to minimize it?