Mental health and lockdown--Michael Phelps

Who cares about mental health, poverty, unemployment, suicides, or domestic violence. I just want to be kept safe and that is the only important issue. But give me some slack and don't question me if I claim its really about keeping others safe though...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rancid said:

Who cares about mental health, poverty, unemployment, suicides, or domestic violence. I just want to be kept safe and that is the only important issue. But give me some slack and don't question me if I claim its really about keeping others safe though...

seat belts in homes?

Mental health and lockdown--Michael Phelps  

Just chill out man Slow down and get a life .there's so much one can do whilst the Lockdown is on . I haven't got time to worry about all the <deleted> Too busy doing stuff at Home ,not even going out .  ????

9 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

No problem at all ,plenty to do ,tv ,radio ,stereo ,the internet ,Whats the big deal with not going out so much? 

Phelps likes to play to an audience..he needs to grow up.

4 hours ago, curtklay said:

Boo hoo for Michael Phelps. He can't keep himself occupied in his mansion? It's breaking my heart.

i wonder how many pounds of gold all those medals would melt into ?

9 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

No problem at all ,plenty to do ,tv ,radio ,stereo ,the internet ,Whats the big deal with not going out so much? 

Exactly, what's the problem? Online food delivery etc etc. People should just chill and wait it out. 

9 hours ago, 4reaL said:

It is a major challenge. 

Much more so for those w/o food and even a safe and clean place to stay ????

And how many like that do you know? Are you talking about Thai people or stranded tourists? 

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not much fun if you live in a 18m2 condo with just a fan and no TV or internet.

I agree, god our sons bedroom is bigger than that , and its not as big as ours . ,thank goodness we live in a house ,with a garden .

• Like 1

When we are fully occupied as high functioning athletes are (and many others) we are 'fine' but when we stop through illness or age or some other precipitating events or events, and forced to stop as in the case of this pandemic and hear the internal self, then the thin veneer of our psychic competence frays very quickly.

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I agree, but there are many people in the world that can't cope with having their lives devastated and find themselves with no money to even buy food to feed their families. Those people should be getting help from the powers that be instead of being locked up like prisoners in their own homes. 

5 hours ago, bodga said:

What's the matter with spineless people these  days, cant stay inside for a couple or  three   months!

I think the opposite applies. I don't advocate going out and  endangerment others, I don't think Michael Phelps does either. We do what we must, but it does not come easy. 

IMO a certain type A (take charge) personality would be psychologically more affected from a loss of control that a type B (follower) personality. And most of us in Thailand by virtue of the fact that we took charge of our lives and got here are mostly type A personality.