Absolutely Unbelievable !

LaoPo

David Blaines Card Through Window Trick

By Flyin Brian

Effect : The performer asks the spectator to pick a card without him seeing the face and replace it in the pack.

The pack is then shuffled and the performer is apparently unsuccessful in locating the card.

After a few attempts, the cards are thrown against a window in a fit of rage. On looking at the window, the chosen card is seen to be sticking to it, even more surprising is the fact that the card is on the inside of the window.

Preparation : You will need two identical packs of cards and a willing helper.

Method: This trick should be performed in an area with a large window nearby and with the spectator facing away from the window.

The spectator is asked to choose a card from a pack, memorize it and without showing you, replace the card in the pack.

The pack is then shuffled and and a couple of attempts at "is this your card " tried followed by a look of disbelief when the spectator tells you that it is not their card (this is all part of the act as you don''t even need to know the card).

After a few attempts you fake an angry outburst and making sure the cards are squared up throw the pack broadside at the window, where they will hit the window and fall to the ground, except the chosen card which is sticking to the window.

Your helper was already positioned behind the window and spectator and had an identical pack of cards. He was able to see the chosen card and took the duplicate from his pack.

A small piece of looped sticky tape or magicians wax was attached to the duplicate card and it was stuck to the inside of the window.

The helper should then have walked away from the window.

This trick creates a real surprise but it is important to pick up the fallen cards quickly and to pocket the original chosen card.

Main Magic Menu

Click Here For Great Value David Blaine Type Tricks To Buy Online

By Flyin Brian

Effect : The performer asks the spectator to pick a card without him seeing the face and replace it in the pack.

The pack is then shuffled and the performer is apparently unsuccessful in locating the card.

After a few attempts, the cards are thrown against a window in a fit of rage. On looking at the window, the chosen card is seen to be sticking to it, even more surprising is the fact that the card is on the inside of the window.

Method: This trick should be performed in an area with a large window nearby and with the spectator facing away from the window.

The spectator is asked to choose a card from a pack, memorize it and without showing you, replace the card in the pack.

The pack is then shuffled and and a couple of attempts at "is this your card " tried followed by a look of disbelief when the spectator tells you that it is not their card (this is all part of the act as you don''t even need to know the card).

After a few attempts you fake an angry outburst and making sure the cards are squared up throw the pack broadside at the window, where they will hit the window and fall to the ground, except the chosen card which is sticking to the window.

Your helper was already positioned behind the window and spectator and had an identical pack of cards. He was able to see the chosen card and took the duplicate from his pack.

A small piece of looped sticky tape or magicians wax was attached to the duplicate card and it was stuck to the inside of the window.

This trick creates a real surprise but it is important to pick up the fallen cards quickly and to pocket the original chosen card.

Main Magic Menu

:o OK, Tax, let's go to a fishtank somewhere and you show the TV-crowd the trick like the guy in the movie does.......OK? :D

LaoPo

yeah okay. but this guy then goes on, expanding that.

The card, firstly is marked distinctly by the young lady.

And the window is an aquarium. There is no evidence (i watched it several times) of anybody helping inside the aquarium.

That was stunning, but what blew me away was when he put his hand through the napkin, through the glass, to retrieve the card, without hardly spilling any water from the tank.

Tax?

edit:

add PS: I really am curious. I was bored watching that at first, but then I was stunned in the second half.

Edited by kayo

those tricks always use an accomplice , and i bet the fishtank had a double layer of glass in it.

how else could it have been done , because ,seeing as you cant throw a card through glass , it must have been there before , you just have to work out how it was lowered into place at the right moment.

the girl was one accomplice , there will have been another.

we all want to believe these illusions , so we are reluctant to consider that we have been deceived.

there are many websites that explain these illusions , i'll keep looking.

those tricks always use an accomplice , and i bet the fishtank had a double layer of glass in it.

how else could it have been done , because ,seeing as you cant throw a card through glass , it must have been there before , you just have to work out how it was lowered into place at the right moment.

the girl was one accomplice , there will have been another.

we all want to believe these illusions , so we are reluctant to consider that we have been deceived.

there are many websites that explain these illusions , i'll keep looking.

Good explanation Tax; could it be possible the Illusionist, in this case, could have used a trained fish to place the card (before anyone else saw it?) :o

LaoPo :D

its an illusion , you just cant put your hand through a normal glass tank.

the tank , which was freestanding there in the middle of the aquarium , was obviously a specially constructed trick tank. there is a large blacked out area above the water.

its wonderful entertainment , but thats all it is.

its not "magic" and he doesn't possess supernatural powers.

he is a very good illusionist.

maybe the fish are in on the trick. :o

Edited by taxexile

you beat me to it lao po !

:o We could make lots of money together Tax, setting up a fishtank/aquarium somewhere in LOS.....I'll find the nice accomplice-girls with the help of Kayo; you take care of the cards and trained fish, ok?

Thank you for making me laugh tonight.... :D

LaoPo

a lot of people are trying to figure this trick out ,

Posted by Canadian_eh on September 21, 2006 9:42 PM

So, does anyone else find it odd that that little 'fish bowl' in the middle of that huge aquarium actually has goldfish? What the hel_l...there are sharks swimming 10 feet away, why would they have a fish bowl with little crappy goldfish? On top of that, that little fish bowl has lines, and aerators in it...which is not what is usually found in a real aquarium.

Here's my theory, did you see Cyril give the card to the guy in the hat??? At about 1:43-1:45, his right hand reaches around Yuko, and gives it to a guy in a black hat. I'm pretty sure he sticks it to the glass under the fish bowl. Then when Cyril throws the cards at the fish bowl, the whole side of that fish bowl slides up faster than we can see, and voila, the card is in the fish bowl. Also, the cards falling down the side provide cover for the glass moving up.

But how did the whole glass slide up the side of the fish bowl?? If you watch at 3:08-3:10, you can see the sides of the fish bowl are double thick with an outer, and inner lining...there's obviously funny business going on with the fish bowl, and having false sides/movable sides to it.

And the hand...how in God's name did he put his hand into the fish bowl? I think it was the same way with the moving glass theory. If you watch carefully at 5:35-5:39 when he's pulling his hand out and trying to hold everything in, his hands and his towel all slide down a few inches by mistake, before he slides them back up. So there must be a hole already made, and it slides up...or something similar.

Or, he really is a witch...

17. Posted by yosh on September 23, 2006 12:56 PM

Ok, cool and whatever. The point is that he is awfully gay.

Post a comment

You are not signed in. You need to be registered to comment on this site. Sign in

Your site's URL:

Remember personal info?

Comments: (line breaks and paragraphs are automatically converted)

Home

Archives

Submit Something

Search

Categories

Animations

Cool

Funny

Games

Images

Ouch

Owned

Videos

Web

<deleted>?

Feeds

RSS 2.0

XML/Atom

Add to Yahoo!

Add to Google

Bloglines

Commenting

You must register and log in with TypeKey in order to leave comments.

Tax - I agree bit off having a small tank like this in the center of the aquarium. It doesnt belong, so my assumption its a trick tank. :o Most illusionists jobs are to divert you from the trick itself for a moment and you lose sight of what he's doing. :D

Edited by britmaveric

My theory:

The tank is made with LCD screens.

A video is made ahead of time of a real fish tank and real sounds.

The image of the card apparently stuck on the inside of the tank is projected via the computer to overlay the video. This is projected the instant the magician releases the cards.

The video camera used to make the video gets a snapshot of the card and prepared while the magician is showing everyone the cards.

The magician appears to put his hand into the tank (probably did too in the original video)

There must be a chamber behind the LCD screen where he puts his hand. He lets a small amount of water escape to make it appear real.

A full tank of water would be hard to plug at that level if a real hole was made into a real tank.

The only question is how to push your hand through an LCD screen? Maybe a round section is moveable - hidden by the handkerchief?

By Flyin Brian

Main Magic Menu

That explains the card trick but what about the hand through the fish tank ?

Well, I thought the point was, just how impressive it was.

It is all an illusion of some form, but the brilliance is in the execution.

I thought it was quite brilliant.

It is a little like the English Magician a few years ago making a Jumbo disappear, whilst surrounded by an audience, all smoke and mirrors, but effective to TV viewers.

But then I still like the Woman being sawn in half.

Good Luck

Moss

PS I hope no fish were hurt in this trick :o

it does not even really explain the card trick....I cannot confirm that the aquarium window was two or even three layers thick

absolutely amazing, still would like to know how this one works!

btw...they do not really show how the hand reaches through the aquarium window from inside!

agreed with moss (if i understood correctly).

at the end of the day, the reason many like this, is the suspension of belief. The entertainment of it all.

Trip, you ruin it mate.. that's the last time I go to a magic show with you buddy :o

just finished watching the Prestige last night,

Kayo :D