Expert calls for ban on cool cigarettes

webfact

I believe the United States banned alcohol, once That lasted a short while.

Not 1 country has banned tobacco though, even though smoking it has been shown to be addictive and damaging for health.

1 expert in Thailand has called for the banning of menthol cigarrettes? 1?

Of all the potential bans and substances, cigarettes, cannabis, alcohol etc... the banning of menthol and fruity flavored cigarettes is one which makes sense when the objectives are to prevent youngsters from starting up smoking. 

Of course, much of ones attitudes towards such legislation includes how comfortable we are with what some would term 'nanny state interference'...  a potential ban such as this has a solid common sense basis.

Those who complain about loss of freedoms are being a little pedantic, youngsters and those more easily influenced should be free to be protected from the influence of huge corporations marketing harmful products at them.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 3:21 PM, Ian Nagle said:

i agree. Banning takes away freedoms of choice. What next? Ban beer because people can get addicted to alcohol. 

What next? I reckon they'll be banning marijuana ... :cheesy:???????????????????? :cheesy:

Feel lucky, atleast you have/had(future?) your beer !

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of all the potential bans and substances, cigarettes, cannabis, alcohol etc... the banning of menthol and fruity flavored cigarettes is one which makes sense when the objectives are to prevent youngsters from starting up smoking. 

Of course, much of ones attitudes towards such legislation includes how comfortable we are with what some would term 'nanny state interference'...  a potential ban such as this has a solid common sense basis.

Those who complain about loss of freedoms are being a little pedantic, youngsters and those more easily influenced should be free to be protected from the influence of huge corporations marketing harmful products at them.

While I agree to some extent in principal, huge corporations just get around any moral/logical objections with obscene ammounts of money. Also, I think that instead of banning, maybe education and real information (not lies) is the key. When you make something illegal, I believe it just becomes more attractive to the youth. 

serious question and slightly off topic, can anyone recommend any nice cigarettes in thailand?

I took up smoking when they introduced the alcohol ban. The menthol (green L&Ms) make me feel sick and i'm currently on the rolling tobacco with no filters which I find too strong, but dont give me the sick feeling