90 In 180.. Asian Exempted ?

Chatting with a buddy.. Has an contact with a Laotian GF.. I mentioned visa running and the new issues and it must be more complex.

The Lao girl is adamant that the 90 in 180 doesnt apply to her, claims to have checked with immigration and is rock positive.

Seems odd to me unless there is some special reciprocal agreement with Thai / Lao for visiting rights that superceeds the 30 day stamps...

I used to have a Lao GF a few years back but she carried fake Thai ID and crossed the border without passports..

I would not rule out local agreement to exempt Laos and perhaps ASIAN visitors the IATA says they are subject to the 90 day rule.

National LAOS (LA) /Destination THAILAND (TH)

THAILAND (TH)

Passport (must be valid at least 30 days and in good condition)

required.

Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided

coming for touristic purposes. Extension up to 10 days is

possible. Fee THB 500.- (1 photo required).

If passport is valid less than 30 days, stay will only be

permitted up to the validity of the passport.

Note: there is a max. limit of a total of 90 days within any

6 month period.Return/onward ticket is required.

my g/f is on a laos passport

there is no 90 day rule

Thailand has a concluded agreement with Laos, they must leave every 30 days as per "visa runners" but can do so as often as they want.

She ( or her passport :o ) has been doing border runs for two years, no problems at all, even since Oct last year

Laotians are free to enter multipe/unlimited times , each entry not exceeding 30days.

Point 7.2 on enclosed sheet.

Actually 7.2 does not support that statement as printed. You will find that Vietnam is the last entry under the "multi" line and then Laos, Hong Kong, Macau have been placed in the 90 day group with the other 36 countries. If Laos is indeed exempt someone forgot to make a line skip in the adjacent column when the chart was made (quite likely).

Laotians are free to enter multipe/unlimited times , each entry not exceeding 30days.

Point 7.2 on enclosed sheet.

Actually 7.2 does not support that statement as printed. You will find that Vietnam is the last entry under the "multi" line and then Laos, Hong Kong, Macau have been placed in the 90 day group with the other 36 countries. If Laos is indeed exempt someone forgot to make a line skip in the adjacent column when the chart was made (quite likely).

Agree it is not a perfect copy, but Laotians are visa exempted.

I have got another copy which is more clear but it's two sided , so I think we can live with this single page copy.