Thailand reports no new coronavirus cases for fourth time this month

rooster59

Thailand reports no new coronavirus cases for fourth time this month

2020-05-24T045943Z_1_LYNXMPEG4N03C_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A staff member wearing face-shield and a mask serves customers in Icon Siam shopping center as shopping centers reopen nation wide during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in Bangkok, Thailand May 17, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand on Sunday reported no new coronavirus cases and no new deaths, maintaining the total to 3,040 confirmed cases and 56 fatalities since the outbreak began in January.

Sunday was the fourth day in this month that there were no new daily cases, said Panprapa Yongtrakul, a spokeswoman for the government's coronavirus task force.

There are 2,921 patients who have recovered and returned home since the outbreak started.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-24

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RangerP703 said:

Still 11 hours left of Sunday so this news article seems to be a bit premature.

In case you are unaware I believe the results are those recorded from the previous day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, topt said:

In case you are unaware I believe the results are those recorded from the previous day.

You are correct, seems the numbers are reported and collated by 5pm local time, "Sunday" would then be 5pm Saturday to 5pm Sunday.

covid.jpg.11c79b8fbdca5af38515cbb87ff5b2b9.jpg

Edited by RangerP703
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As I said yesterday now the down wave of the heartbeat, lets see if tomorrow we have the upward wave of the ekg to see if the country is still alive and seeing what's happening.  When we get to a flat line, I am worried the country will be dead and no amount of life support will work.  This government needs to get moving on reviving the patient (Thailand)  Time to start with the PT and get it back on its feet....

image.jpeg.b2f1b956a28815080c21ab3281a22b86.jpeg

The revival will be a knee-jerk electric jolt, followed by another lockdown, followed by .. because they can't get the test & tracing working. Not for the lack of trying, whenever a Dr from DDC or MoPH is let speak, they do display understanding. But usurpers go .. "too expensive".

The very expensive lockdown was supposed to be used to set up that testing and tracing network. What a waste.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RangerP703 said:

You are correct, seems the numbers are reported and collated by 5pm local time, "Sunday" would then be 5pm Saturday to 5pm Sunday.

covid.jpg.11c79b8fbdca5af38515cbb87ff5b2b9.jpg

Would be interesting to superimpose the days of significant actions, such as lowckdowns, on that chart. Asymco does give some indication that the delay between lockdown and the peak diagnoses (assuming it's a systematic error they've introduced by lack of testing and not a random one) seems to be around a week or so, same as it was in Hubei.

http://www.asymco.com/

Screen-Shot-2020-05-11-at-7.58.30-AM.jpg

image.png.e733bc299dd7aca4cd4827274f944acb.png

The black line is reduction in mobility as per Apple's data (most people have Android here, but still). Compared to countries doing a lot of testing Thailand's curve is pretty ragged, but that's to be expected because of lack of sampling.

Edited by DrTuner

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Would be interesting to superimpose the days of significant actions, such as lowckdowns, on that chart. Asymco does give some indication that the delay between lockdown and the peak diagnoses (assuming it's a systematic error they've introduced by lack of testing and not a random one) seems to be around a week or so, same as it was in Hubei.

http://www.asymco.com/

Screen-Shot-2020-05-11-at-7.58.30-AM.jpg

image.png.e733bc299dd7aca4cd4827274f944acb.png

The black line is reduction in mobility as per Apple's data (most people have Android here, but still). Compared to countries doing a lot of testing Thailand's curve is pretty ragged, but that's to be expected because of lack of sampling.

Thank you for tbe good info and the graphs that show whats happened and as I said before likens my view of these numbers as an EKG.....

Every country in the world reported when they had the peak and the fall off Thailand have never published the figures when they hit the peak  I find strange every country know the month it hit the peak but thailand have never said or published the figures or month 

• Like 1